Upgrading from Enterprise to Ultimate....?

=?Utf-8?B?Q3Vic0Zhbl8wMw==?=

Upgrading from Enterprise to Ultimate....?
I am currently running 32x Enterprise and am capable of upgrading to Ultimate
through my university. I have already upgraded an XP Pro and Media Center to
Enterprise and have was able to do an upgrade from the XP and clean-install
from Media. If I am Upgrading from Vista Enterprise to Ultimate, will it be
capable of doing an upgrade or will it require a clean-install?
=?Utf-8?B?RGlja0xlbQ==?=

RE: Upgrading from Enterprise to Ultimate....?
Sorry, I wish I could help, but I contacted Microsoft Technical with my
problem and they said only solution is clean install of 64bit version.

"CubsFan_03" wrote:

> I am currently running 32x Enterprise and am capable of upgrading to Ultimate
> through my university. I have already upgraded an XP Pro and Media Center to
> Enterprise and have was able to do an upgrade from the XP and clean-install
> from Media. If I am Upgrading from Vista Enterprise to Ultimate, will it be
> capable of doing an upgrade or will it require a clean-install?

Rock

Re: Upgrading from Enterprise to Ultimate....?
"CubsFan_03" <CubsFan_03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>I am currently running 32x Enterprise and am capable of upgrading to
>Ultimate
> through my university. I have already upgraded an XP Pro and Media Center
> Enterprise and have was able to do an upgrade from the XP and
> clean-install
> from Media. If I am Upgrading from Vista Enterprise to Ultimate, will it
> be
> capable of doing an upgrade or will it require a clean-install?

Yes you can do an in place upgrade from x86 Enterprise to x86 Ultimate using
either a full or upgrade version of Ultimate.

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?Q3Vic0Zhbl8wMw==?=

Re: Upgrading from Enterprise to Ultimate....?
Awesome... thats the news I wanted to hear..... Gonna try it on a BS machine
first, make sure it doesn't decide to do a clean install. Thanks

"Rock" wrote:

> "CubsFan_03" <CubsFan_03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>
> >I am currently running 32x Enterprise and am capable of upgrading to
> >Ultimate
> > through my university. I have already upgraded an XP Pro and Media Center
> > Enterprise and have was able to do an upgrade from the XP and
> > clean-install
> > from Media. If I am Upgrading from Vista Enterprise to Ultimate, will it
> > be
> > capable of doing an upgrade or will it require a clean-install?

> Yes you can do an in place upgrade from x86 Enterprise to x86 Ultimate using
> either a full or upgrade version of Ultimate.
>
> --
> Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

Rock

Re: Upgrading from Enterprise to Ultimate....?
"CubsFan_03" <CubsFan03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> Awesome... thats the news I wanted to hear..... Gonna try it on a BS
> machine
> first, make sure it doesn't decide to do a clean install. Thanks
>
> "Rock" wrote:
>
>> "CubsFan_03" <CubsFan_03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>>
>> >I am currently running 32x Enterprise and am capable of upgrading to
>> >Ultimate
>> > through my university. I have already upgraded an XP Pro and Media
>> > Center
>> > Enterprise and have was able to do an upgrade from the XP and
>> > clean-install
>> > from Media. If I am Upgrading from Vista Enterprise to Ultimate, will
>> > it
>> > be
>> > capable of doing an upgrade or will it require a clean-install?

>> Yes you can do an in place upgrade from x86 Enterprise to x86 Ultimate
>> using
>> either a full or upgrade version of Ultimate.

That's the best thing, test first.

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?Q3Vic0Zhbl8wMw==?=

Re: Upgrading from Enterprise to Ultimate....?
Always have to test first when it comes to messing with a good thing.
Espically when it comes to software, notice I didnt just include Microsoft.
Apple and Linux and all others have problems too!!

"Rock" wrote:

> "CubsFan_03" <CubsFan03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>
> > Awesome... thats the news I wanted to hear..... Gonna try it on a BS
> > machine
> > first, make sure it doesn't decide to do a clean install. Thanks
> >
> > "Rock" wrote:
> >
> >> "CubsFan_03" <CubsFan_03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> >> Yes you can do an in place upgrade from x86 Enterprise to x86 Ultimate
> >> using
> >> either a full or upgrade version of Ultimate.

> That's the best thing, test first.
>
> --
> Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

BSchnur

Re: Upgrading from Enterprise to Ultimate....?
I sort of doubt it will do this as Enterprise is sort of a special
bird..

--
Barry Schnur
BSchnur

Re: Upgrading from Enterprise to Ultimate....?
Interesting -- a bit of a surprise to me, but good news.

--
Barry Schnur