Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Installing Windows Vista RC1

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2007
=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Installing Windows Vista RC1
I have a valid Widows Vista RC1 Key good through June 2007 according to the
email I received back in September. My question is can I install RC1 now and
get windowsupdate to bring me current ? I have never installed it but do have
the ISO that I downloaded in September.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2007
Dustin Harper
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Installing Windows Vista RC1
It will load RC1, but updates won't bring it to final, though.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com
http://www.vistarip.com


Jeff wrote:
> I have a valid Widows Vista RC1 Key good through June 2007 according to the
> email I received back in September. My question is can I install RC1 now and
> get windowsupdate to bring me current ? I have never installed it but do have
> the ISO that I downloaded in September.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2007
Rock
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Installing Windows Vista RC1
"Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>I have a valid Widows Vista RC1 Key good through June 2007 according to the
> email I received back in September. My question is can I install RC1 now
> and
> get windowsupdate to bring me current ? I have never installed it but do
> have
> the ISO that I downloaded in September.


Yes you can install RC1. I don't know what Windows Update will offer as
updates, though.

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2007
Roy Coorne
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Installing Windows Vista RC1
Rock wrote:
> "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>
>> I have a valid Widows Vista RC1 Key good through June 2007 according
>> to the
>> email I received back in September. My question is can I install RC1
>> now and
>> get windowsupdate to bring me current ? I have never installed it but
>> do have
>> the ISO that I downloaded in September.

>
> Yes you can install RC1. I don't know what Windows Update will offer as
> updates, though.



I have installed RC2 after Jan. 30th and reveived updates for Defender
and graphics card drivers via Windows Update.
(I do not get Ultimate extras like language packs.)

Roy
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2007
BSchnur
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Installing Windows Vista RC1
You can install RC1 -- but the updates you get will NOT bring you to
the released code.

Note further, the RC1 DVD's will install Vista Ultimate -- that's a
list price $400 for the retail version.

If you elect to purchase and install the released version later (Say
Home Premium), I am not sure that you will be able to move to that
version in place.


--
Barry Schnur
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2007
Rock
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Installing Windows Vista RC1
"BSchnur" <BSchnur@cox.net> wrote

> You can install RC1 -- but the updates you get will NOT bring you to
> the released code.
>
> Note further, the RC1 DVD's will install Vista Ultimate -- that's a
> list price $400 for the retail version.
>
> If you elect to purchase and install the released version later (Say
> Home Premium), I am not sure that you will be able to move to that
> version in place.


The only way to do an in place upgrade from RC1 or RC2 to Vista is with the
retail full edition.

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Removing Windows Vista RC1 from partition =?Utf-8?B?dG9tY2FnZTk=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 3 09-13-2008 05:47
Installing Vista x64 on Windows 2000 Colin Barnhorst microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-01-2007 07:56
Windows Vista RC1 Product Key Registration site Henry microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 03-01-2007 03:00
Re: Windows vista RC1 Build 5600 hangs =?Utf-8?B?QWJoaWppdA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 02-28-2007 20:09
Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium from RC1 =?Utf-8?B?dGhlX3JldHJvX2ZveA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 02-28-2007 19:57




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:32.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120