RE: Vista 5536 Unable To Connect To The Net

=?Utf-8?B?ZHN0cmFjaw==?=

RE: Vista 5536 Unable To Connect To The Net
I installed Vista Ultimate last night and all seems to be working except
sound and Internet Connection... I anticipate downloading new sound drivers
once I can get onto the internet. I do have a Linksys WRT54GS Router (wired
connection) and Marvell Yukon Controller... do we still have this problem
with the full release now? Should I Disable the below flags? I was
considering getting a new router.... Thoughts?

"Patrick" wrote:

> Sorry to revive a relativly old thread but I thought this was important.
>
> I had this exact problem under RC1 with my Marvell Yukon PCI Gigabit
> Ethernet card, I tried the solution below and initially I checked the "IPv4
> Checksum Offload" but it was already disabled. I almost got discouraged but I
> noticed that my adapted (may vary with some) also had TCP and UDP checksum
> offload for both IPV4 and IPv6 so i disabled these as well and it finally
> worked!!!
>
> So to summerize if you use the below method and it still doesnt work try
> finding the following and disabiling them as well:
>
> TCP Checksum Offload (IPv4)
> TCP Checksum Offload (IPv6)
> UDP Checksum Offload (IPv4)
> UDP Checksum Offload (IPv6)
>
> I hope this helps!!!
>
> "Tom Ziegmann" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > If you are having trouble with your Marvell adapter try this. I ran it on
> > one of my machines and it worked
> >
> > Open properties for your Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Controller
> > configure the adapter
> > go to the advanced tab
> > change IPv4 Checksum Offload to "Disabled"
> >

> > Tom Ziegmann
> > Microsoft Certified Professional
> > Windows Vista / Server Longhorn Technical Beta Tester
> > Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 Technical Beta Tester
> >
> > > I don't think it's an issue with the marvell hardware. I have the
> > > same, and did the same thing as you did...updating the driver
> > > completely broke everything. At least it rolled back gracefully.
> > >
> > > I did a lot of internet searches on this problem tonight and it seems
> > > that it's a problem with the new tcpip and most routers that have
> > > firewall enabled. Specifally one feature that I can't remember of
> > > course. Regardless...the linksys router wrt54g will not let you
> > > disable the problem...you have to disable firewall completely on the
> > > router and I still haven't gotten it to work.
> > >
> > > I'm going to mess with it a bit more tonight yet and will get back
> > > with results tomorrow.

murphyslaww

RE: Vista 5536 Unable To Connect To The Net
Whatever was in the auto update last night wiped all my network settings.
Hopefully that was unintentional, or Microsoft is singlehandedly keeping
firedog and other "nerds" companies in business.

I have a Dlink draft n DIR-655 router, but I seriously doubt that was the
problem.