Clean Boot

emeless

Clean Boot
Hopefully, someone here will take a minute and provide an answer...

When Vista starts, it halts at a screen with 3 choices, one being to start
windows (2nd choice). With XP, my machine simply booted right into windows
with no additional interference required from me...I would like to have it
this way in Vista.
Where do I tweak or change a setting to allow it to boot right through.
These windows security "features" are a bit annoying, I'm the only one here
and the only user and I want full conntrol of my machine but can't seem to
achieve this.

Any help appreciated, thanks

emeless

MICHAEL

Re: Clean Boot
It's a boot screen, if you have three choices, then you
either have three OSs to boot to, or you have corrupt entries.

Try this program, it's free and many of us use it.
http://www.vistabootpro.org/

-Michael

"emeless" <royalvisa@compunot.ca> wrote in message
> Hopefully, someone here will take a minute and provide an answer...
>
> When Vista starts, it halts at a screen with 3 choices, one being to start windows (2nd
> choice). With XP, my machine simply booted right into windows with no additional interference
> required from me...I would like to have it this way in Vista.
> Where do I tweak or change a setting to allow it to boot right through. These windows
> security "features" are a bit annoying, I'm the only one here and the only user and I want
> full conntrol of my machine but can't seem to achieve this.
>
> Any help appreciated, thanks
>
> emeless

John Barnett MVP

Re: Clean Boot
You obviously have more than one operating system on your pc. If you only
had vista, then vista would boot without a menu appearing. The easiest
option is to download VistaBootPro (www.vistabootpro.org) and edit the
bootloader so that vista is first on the list and then, if you simply want
to boot straight into vista, adjust the boot time to 0 (zero).

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org