Money 2000 installation

Herman

Money 2000 installation
I posted this in Vista General by mistake (apologies) and it belongs here:

I use Vista Enterperise, and have tried to install Microsoft Money 2000. The
installation failed, because I am unable to open the program. This is very
strange, because the Vista update advisor did not indicate a conflict and it
is a Microsoft program, which I have been runnung in XP prof for years.
Any suggestions?
Herman

Rock

Re: Money 2000 installation
"Herman" <herman@home.nl> wrote

>I posted this in Vista General by mistake (apologies) and it belongs here:
>
> I use Vista Enterperise, and have tried to install Microsoft Money 2000.
> The
> installation failed, because I am unable to open the program. This is very
> strange, because the Vista update advisor did not indicate a conflict and
> it
> is a Microsoft program, which I have been runnung in XP prof for years.
> Any suggestions?

How about upgrading to Money 2005 or 2006. MS just recently put out a
program compatibility update that mentioned these two (along with many other
programs) in it.

The Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929427/en-us

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

Rock

Re: Money 2000 installation
"Rock" <rock@nospam.net> wrote

> "Herman" <herman@home.nl> wrote
>
>>I posted this in Vista General by mistake (apologies) and it belongs here:
>>
>> I use Vista Enterperise, and have tried to install Microsoft Money 2000.
>> The
>> installation failed, because I am unable to open the program. This is
>> very
>> strange, because the Vista update advisor did not indicate a conflict and
>> it
>> is a Microsoft program, which I have been runnung in XP prof for years.
>> Any suggestions?

> How about upgrading to Money 2005 or 2006. MS just recently put out a
> program compatibility update that mentioned these two (along with many
> other programs) in it.
>
> The Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update

Actually Money 2007 is the latest version.

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

Herman

Re: Money 2000 installation

"Rock" <rock@nospam.net> wrote in message
> "Herman" <herman@home.nl> wrote
>
>>I posted this in Vista General by mistake (apologies) and it belongs here:
>>
>> I use Vista Enterperise, and have tried to install Microsoft Money 2000.
>> The
>> installation failed, because I am unable to open the program. This is
>> very
>> strange, because the Vista update advisor did not indicate a conflict and
>> it
>> is a Microsoft program, which I have been runnung in XP prof for years.
>> Any suggestions?

> How about upgrading to Money 2005 or 2006. MS just recently put out a
> program compatibility update that mentioned these two (along with many
> other programs) in it.
>
> The Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update

> Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

Having spent a considerable sum on my new Vista enterprise software, I am in
no mood to spend more money on software, which does not appeat to be
compatible with the new OS. This extremely annoying since the upgrade
advisor did not indicate this incompatiblity.
I think I should have continued to use my trusted Win XP pro, and saved the
money spent on Vista.
Herman.

Paul-B

Re: Money 2000 installation
Herman wrote:

> I think I should have continued to use my trusted Win XP pro, and
> saved the money spent on Vista. Herman.

Halleluliah!

Welcome to the fold, brother!

--
Paul-B
Herman

Re: Money 2000 installation

"Paul-B" <paul@rasf1.net> wrote in message
> Herman wrote:
>
>> I think I should have continued to use my trusted Win XP pro, and
>> saved the money spent on Vista. Herman.

> Halleluliah!
>
> Welcome to the fold, brother!
>
> --
> Paul-B

You're so right Paul, I now consider this purchase as a complete waste
Herman (Netherlands)

mikeyhsd

Re: Money 2000 installation
you failed to mention what the error is when you try to open the program.

it installs/runs fine for me on ultimate.
only problem is a complaint that the original cd is not in the drive.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"Herman" <herman@home.nl> wrote in message news:eqa5f1$6e4$1@news5.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...

"Paul-B" <paul@rasf1.net> wrote in message
> Herman wrote:
>
>> I think I should have continued to use my trusted Win XP pro, and
>> saved the money spent on Vista. Herman.

> Halleluliah!
>
> Welcome to the fold, brother!
>
> --
> Paul-B

You're so right Paul, I now consider this purchase as a complete waste
Herman (Netherlands)

Rock

Re: Money 2000 installation
"Herman" <herman@home.nl> wrote

> "Rock" <rock@nospam.net> wrote

>> "Herman" <herman@home.nl> wrote
>>
>>>I posted this in Vista General by mistake (apologies) and it belongs
>>>here:
>>>
>>> I use Vista Enterperise, and have tried to install Microsoft Money 2000.
>>> The
>>> installation failed, because I am unable to open the program. This is
>>> very
>>> strange, because the Vista update advisor did not indicate a conflict
>>> and it
>>> is a Microsoft program, which I have been runnung in XP prof for years.
>>> Any suggestions?

>> How about upgrading to Money 2005 or 2006. MS just recently put out a
>> program compatibility update that mentioned these two (along with many
>> other programs) in it.
>>
>> The Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update

> Having spent a considerable sum on my new Vista enterprise software, I am
> in no mood to spend more money on software, which does not appeat to be
> compatible with the new OS. This extremely annoying since the upgrade
> advisor did not indicate this incompatiblity.
> I think I should have continued to use my trusted Win XP pro, and saved
> the money spent on Vista.

Did you try running it in compatibility mode. Did you right click the
install file and run as administrator?

Things change, 2000 to 20007 is a long time for compatibility. Are you
going to chuck everything because of this? I really like Drive Image 7 for
doing image backups in XP. Powerquest, the original vendor, was bought out
by Symantec who are doing their using hack job on buy outs. But DI will not
work in Vista, nor will other system level utilities such as defraggers,
partition magic, to name a few. I am using the Complete PC backup in Vista
Ultimate for imaging and am also trying out Acronis True Image 10 that I got
for a great sale price. Things change.

The upgrade to Vista should be drive by need or by getting a new computer.
Good luck to you, whatever you choose to do.

> "Herman" <herman@home.nl> wrote
>
>> "Rock" <rock@nospam.net> wrote

>>> "Herman" <herman@home.nl> wrote

>>> How about upgrading to Money 2005 or 2006. MS just recently put out a
>>> program compatibility update that mentioned these two (along with many
>>> other programs) in it.
>>>
>>> The Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929427/en-us

>> Having spent a considerable sum on my new Vista enterprise software, I am
>> in no mood to spend more money on software, which does not appeat to be
>> compatible with the new OS. This extremely annoying since the upgrade
>> advisor did not indicate this incompatiblity.
>> I think I should have continued to use my trusted Win XP pro, and saved
>> the money spent on Vista.

> Did you try running it in compatibility mode. Did you right click the
> install file and run as administrator?
>
> Things change, 2000 to 20007 is a long time for compatibility. Are you
> going to chuck everything because of this? I really like Drive Image 7
> for doing image backups in XP. Powerquest, the original vendor, was
> bought out by Symantec who are doing their using hack job on buy outs.
> But DI will not work in Vista, nor will other system level utilities such
> as defraggers, partition magic, to name a few. I am using the Complete PC
> backup in Vista Ultimate for imaging and am also trying out Acronis True
> Image 10 that I got for a great sale price. Things change.
>
> The upgrade to Vista should be drive by need or by getting a new computer.
> Good luck to you, whatever you choose to do.
>
> --
> Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

My reasons for not using Vista anymore are as follows:
1- I tried every possible means to get money to work, but when I open the
program
it just does not move or react to my mouse clicks. All the suggestions above
fail to work.
2- my entire domestic financial records for the last 3 years are stored in
Money, and
I need to keep them for fiscal purposes.
3- I cannot upgrade to newer Money versions as these are specifically
designed for US citizens,
and are of no use here in the Netherlands. Also these newer versions do not
accept a transfer of the
data from the old version, which means that all of my records have to be fed
in manually into
the new version. (Money 2000 was an international version)
I have nothing against Vista and I think it is a great program, but the very
fact that the
upgrade advisor has not signalled this problem puts me off.(for the time
being)
Anyway thanks for all of your help.
Herman

Herman

Re: Money 2000 installation

> "Rock" <rock@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> "Herman" <herman@home.nl> wrote
>>
>>> "Rock" <rock@nospam.net> wrote

>>> Having spent a considerable sum on my new Vista enterprise software, I
>>> am in no mood to spend more money on software, which does not appeat to
>>> be compatible with the new OS. This extremely annoying since the upgrade
>>> advisor did not indicate this incompatiblity.
>>> I think I should have continued to use my trusted Win XP pro, and saved
>>> the money spent on Vista.

>> Did you try running it in compatibility mode. Did you right click the
>> install file and run as administrator?
>>
>> Things change, 2000 to 20007 is a long time for compatibility. Are you
>> going to chuck everything because of this? I really like Drive Image 7
>> for doing image backups in XP. Powerquest, the original vendor, was
>> bought out by Symantec who are doing their using hack job on buy outs.
>> But DI will not work in Vista, nor will other system level utilities such
>> as defraggers, partition magic, to name a few. I am using the Complete
>> PC backup in Vista Ultimate for imaging and am also trying out Acronis
>> True Image 10 that I got for a great sale price. Things change.
>>
>> The upgrade to Vista should be drive by need or by getting a new
>> computer. Good luck to you, whatever you choose to do.
>>
>> --
>> Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

> My reasons for not using Vista anymore are as follows:
> 1- I tried every possible means to get money to work, but when I open the
> program
> it just does not move or react to my mouse clicks. All the suggestions
> above fail to work.
> 2- my entire domestic financial records for the last 3 years are stored in
> Money, and
> I need to keep them for fiscal purposes.
> 3- I cannot upgrade to newer Money versions as these are specifically
> designed for US citizens,
> and are of no use here in the Netherlands. Also these newer versions do
> not accept a transfer of the
> data from the old version, which means that all of my records have to be
> fed in manually into
> the new version. (Money 2000 was an international version)
> I have nothing against Vista and I think it is a great program, but the
> very fact that the
> upgrade advisor has not signalled this problem puts me off.(for the time
> being)
> Anyway thanks for all of your help.
> Herman

I've made another attempt to install Money 2000 in Vista Enterprise, using
the upgrade to Vista from XP prof option and now it works OK.
Mt problem has been solved.....
Herman