WTF??? VISTA NOT GENUINE?!?!?

=?Utf-8?B?cGhpbGlw?=

WTF??? VISTA NOT GENUINE?!?!?
Ok well here is my problem: I got Vista 2 days ago and installed it normally.
Later that day something failed and I had to retype my product key in again.
After I am done, on the lower-right side of my desktop it says:

Windows Vista (TM)
Build 6000
This copy of Windows is not genuine

Fake my ass! If I spent $260 dollars, on CompUSA.com, for Windows Vista with
COD, and holographic DVD, it must be a pretty good fake....
My point: Anyone can help me with this? Or remove that message?(A buddie of
mine made a joke about me being a software pirate)
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: WTF??? VISTA NOT GENUINE?!?!?
Please visit http://www.microsoft.com/genuine and click on Validate Windows, then restart your computer.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"philip" wrote:

Ok well here is my problem: I got Vista 2 days ago and installed it normally.
Later that day something failed and I had to retype my product key in again.
After I am done, on the lower-right side of my desktop it says:

Windows Vista (TM)
Build 6000
This copy of Windows is not genuine

Fake my ass! If I spent $260 dollars, on CompUSA.com, for Windows Vista with
COD, and holographic DVD, it must be a pretty good fake....
My point: Anyone can help me with this? Or remove that message?(A buddie of
mine made a joke about me being a software pirate)
=?Utf-8?B?cGhpbGlw?=

Re: WTF??? VISTA NOT GENUINE?!?!?
Yes, acually that was the first thing I did. So what now?

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Please visit http://www.microsoft.com/genuine and click on Validate Windows, then restart your computer.
>

> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows - Shell/User

> "philip" wrote:
>
> Ok well here is my problem: I got Vista 2 days ago and installed it normally.
> Later that day something failed and I had to retype my product key in again.
> After I am done, on the lower-right side of my desktop it says:
>
> Windows Vista (TM)
> Build 6000
> This copy of Windows is not genuine
>
> Fake my ass! If I spent $260 dollars, on CompUSA.com, for Windows Vista with
> COD, and holographic DVD, it must be a pretty good fake....
> My point: Anyone can help me with this? Or remove that message?(A buddie of
> mine made a joke about me being a software pirate)

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: WTF??? VISTA NOT GENUINE?!?!?
I recommend that you try the online WGA Troubleshooter to identify the
cause of the issue and its resolution: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"philip" wrote:

Yes, acually that was the first thing I did. So what now?

Roscoe

Re: WTF??? VISTA NOT GENUINE?!?!?
Or better yet, take it back to CompUSA and ask nicely for a switch. If that
doesn't work, go ballistic.

>I recommend that you try the online WGA Troubleshooter to identify the
> cause of the issue and its resolution:
> http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows - Shell/User

> "philip" wrote:
>
> Yes, acually that was the first thing I did. So what now?

Roscoe

Re: WTF??? VISTA NOT GENUINE?!?!?
My bad. I missed where you made an online purchase.

"Roscoe" <me@home.net> wrote in message
> Or better yet, take it back to CompUSA and ask nicely for a switch. If
> that doesn't work, go ballistic.

>>I recommend that you try the online WGA Troubleshooter to identify the
>> cause of the issue and its resolution:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows - Shell/User

>> "philip" wrote:
>>
>> Yes, acually that was the first thing I did. So what now?

JW

Re: WTF??? VISTA NOT GENUINE?!?!?
Did you purshase it as part of the Family Package last week. If so they
handed out a lot of bad keys but from what I saw keys sent late Friday
solved the problem. In any casse contact MS.

> My bad. I missed where you made an online purchase.
>
> "Roscoe" <me@home.net> wrote in message
>> Or better yet, take it back to CompUSA and ask nicely for a switch. If
>> that doesn't work, go ballistic.
>>

>> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I recommend that you try the online WGA Troubleshooter to identify the
>>> cause of the issue and its resolution:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag
>>>
>>> --
>>> Carey Frisch
>>> Microsoft MVP
>>> Windows - Shell/User

>>> "philip" wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, acually that was the first thing I did. So what now?

Paul Bauer

Re: WTF??? VISTA NOT GENUINE?!?!?
do you have quickbooks 2007 installed?
there is a conflict between it and vista, microsoft has released a patch. do
microsoft updates.

paul