My experience on this forum.

=?Utf-8?B?VG9ueVQ=?=

My experience on this forum.
I have to say, after a few days of letting my problem stew here and watching
it scoll down into unanswered history, I find the vast majority of the posts
are 'me too' posts. (Except for that Mac troll guy)
I have posted the details of my blue screen twice, with no helpful response
either time. I had much more effort put into my problem by the kind people
of VistaBabble.com.
Doesn't anyone from the vista support team read or respond to these posts?
I posted what my stop error was, and so have others. A small hint such as:
'Oh, you might try looking here', or 'yes, we're aware of that and looking
into it' would be vastly helpful. I know it's new and it's all cave
exploring without flashlights, but a stop bluescreen with absolutely no
reference to that error? anywhere? Where is the person on the team that
wrote the trap that causes the error code?
And to the Mac troll: Mac doesn't run the software that I need and boot camp
is a kluge, so be happy with your mac and shup up already, you stand between
a lot of people and the possible help they came here for.
The other thing I notice is that once a post has a reply, it seems that
everyone assumes the reply solved your problem. This is not typically the
case. There are many posts with 1 or 2 replies that don't or can't address
the issues expressed.
While the mostly helpful MVP's move on to the no reply posts that look
interesting.

Sorry about the rant. I just really wanted to install my copy of Vista
Business, guess I'll just have to wait a while. Apparently a long while.

BTW, loved the RC2 on my desktop, that's why I wanted to install on my laptop.
Rock

Re: My experience on this forum.
This is not official MS support. Everyone here is a volunteer, who want to
help others. Maybe no one has an idea about your issue? I don't now.
Occasionally someone from MS might post here on their own but not as part of
official support.

"TonyT" <TonyT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: My experience on this forum.
Tony

Try the suggestion on this website..

http://vistasupport.mvps.org/windows...ir_options.htm

You may want to try a clean install if that above doesn't work, and then use
your backup files to reinstate your important stuff..

"TonyT" <TonyT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have to say, after a few days of letting my problem stew here and
>watching
> it scoll down into unanswered history, I find the vast majority of the
> posts
> are 'me too' posts. (Except for that Mac troll guy)
> I have posted the details of my blue screen twice, with no helpful
> response
> either time. I had much more effort put into my problem by the kind
> people
> of VistaBabble.com.
> Doesn't anyone from the vista support team read or respond to these posts?
> I posted what my stop error was, and so have others. A small hint such
> as:
> 'Oh, you might try looking here', or 'yes, we're aware of that and looking
> into it' would be vastly helpful. I know it's new and it's all cave
> exploring without flashlights, but a stop bluescreen with absolutely no
> reference to that error? anywhere? Where is the person on the team that
> wrote the trap that causes the error code?
> And to the Mac troll: Mac doesn't run the software that I need and boot
> camp
> is a kluge, so be happy with your mac and shup up already, you stand
> between
> a lot of people and the possible help they came here for.
> The other thing I notice is that once a post has a reply, it seems that
> everyone assumes the reply solved your problem. This is not typically the
> case. There are many posts with 1 or 2 replies that don't or can't
> address
> the issues expressed.
> While the mostly helpful MVP's move on to the no reply posts that look
> interesting.
>
> Sorry about the rant. I just really wanted to install my copy of Vista
> Business, guess I'll just have to wait a while. Apparently a long while.
>
> BTW, loved the RC2 on my desktop, that's why I wanted to install on my
> laptop.

Wegie

Re: My experience on this forum.
TonyT <TonyT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have to say, after a few days of letting my problem stew here and watching
> it scoll down into unanswered history, I find the vast majority of the posts
> are 'me too' posts.

it's cuz Vista has lots of problem that should have been caught in early
testing.

> (Except for that Mac troll guy)

I'm not a troll, i'm a helpful computer professional

> I have posted the details of my blue screen twice, with no helpful response
> either time. I had much more effort put into my problem by the kind people
> of VistaBabble.com.

Okay, I'll go there to help as well, thanks!

> Doesn't anyone from the vista support team read or respond to these posts?
> I posted what my stop error was, and so have others. A small hint such as:
> 'Oh, you might try looking here', or 'yes, we're aware of that and looking
> into it' would be vastly helpful. I know it's new and it's all cave
> exploring without flashlights, but a stop bluescreen with absolutely no
> reference to that error? anywhere? Where is the person on the team that
> wrote the trap that causes the error code?

This is USENET, it doesn't have a lot of value other than it is free. My
advice of course is "priceless", but you already know that.

> And to the Mac troll: Mac doesn't run the software that I need and boot camp
> is a kluge, so be happy with your mac and shup up already, you stand between
> a lot of people and the possible help they came here for.

Then don't run BootCamp! (technically, it's not a kludge at all, it's
just a highly polished boot manager) There are lots of options that run
your software on a Mac. Macs run more software than Windows does, so
keep that in mind. Sounds like you need Parallels for your situation.

http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/

Or just shipped is CrossOver... it gets rid of Windows! But lets you run
most Windows software, pretty sneaky... and will kill MS over time.

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/

So don't give me the song and dance "a mac" won't run my software,
that's completely untrue and you know it.

> The other thing I notice is that once a post has a reply, it seems that
> everyone assumes the reply solved your problem. This is not typically the
> case. There are many posts with 1 or 2 replies that don't or can't address
> the issues expressed.
> While the mostly helpful MVP's move on to the no reply posts that look
> interesting.

Well, there are A LOT of problem, and usenet isn't the place or format
for them. Better luck next time. Or as I have said before, get a Mac and
you won't have these issues. Macs really do "just work"... It's shocking
how well they perform. (i've used every PC, every OS over the last 25
years or so)

> Sorry about the rant. I just really wanted to install my copy of Vista
> Business, guess I'll just have to wait a while. Apparently a long while.

Or just get a Mac and be done with it...

--
..
Adam Albright

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 20:01:45 -0800, "Rock" <rock@nospam.net> wrote:

>This is not official MS support. Everyone here is a volunteer, who want to
>help others. Maybe no one has an idea about your issue? I don't now.
>Occasionally someone from MS might post here on their own but not as part of
>official support.

Microsoft doesn't have any "official" support...unless you pay for it.
If they offered free support they would go bankrupt in a couple months
responding to the tens of millions of phone call they would get about
their buggy software. <snicker>

Adam Albright

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 21:17:23 -0700, Wegie <here@northere.com> wrote:

> [...]

>> The other thing I notice is that once a post has a reply, it seems that
>> everyone assumes the reply solved your problem. This is not typically the
>> case. There are many posts with 1 or 2 replies that don't or can't address
>> the issues expressed.
>> While the mostly helpful MVP's move on to the no reply posts that look
>> interesting.

>Well, there are A LOT of problem, and usenet isn't the place or format
>for them. Better luck next time. Or as I have said before, get a Mac and
>you won't have these issues. Macs really do "just work"... It's shocking
>how well they perform. (i've used every PC, every OS over the last 25
>years or so)
>
>> Sorry about the rant. I just really wanted to install my copy of Vista
>> Business, guess I'll just have to wait a while. Apparently a long while.

>Or just get a Mac and be done with it...

The only good apples are the kind you can chew. Show me a Mac user and
I'll show you a kid that refuses to grow up. The proof is Apple has
been around longer then PC's and in spite of them having a official
policy of dumping them in schools by the carload for next to nothing
or even giving them away in a effort to hook kids, they NEVER have got
much above a 6% market share. That should tell you something, but in
your case I doubt it.

No serious user wants a cube or a computer colored purple or orange.
However that kind of marketing apparently does appeal to kids.
<snicker>

EarthSchol

Adam Albright <AA@ABC.net> wrote:

> >> Sorry about the rant. I just really wanted to install my copy of Vista
> >> Business, guess I'll just have to wait a while. Apparently a long while.

> >Or just get a Mac and be done with it...

> The only good apples are the kind you can chew. Show me a Mac user and
> I'll show you a kid that refuses to grow up. The proof is Apple has
> been around longer then PC's and in spite of them having a official
> policy of dumping them in schools by the carload for next to nothing
> or even giving them away in a effort to hook kids, they NEVER have got
> much above a 6% market share. That should tell you something, but in
> your case I doubt it.

That was never Apple's fault. It's always been the computer "outsider".
It's the spear of innovation in the PC industry and while it might not
have the "most", it has the top portion of the PC market.

Last time Apple was No. 1 was in 1995 with around 14%. Now it's in 4th,
and will be in 3rd place once 2007 is complete. The Apple generation is
just getting into positions of power, while the old "Buy IBM or be
Fired" generation is now dying off.

Don't worry, Apple will be No. 1 in a few shorts years. It's already 50%
the size of Microsoft, and much more valuable than DeLL, so ponder that
for a moment.

> No serious user wants a cube or a computer colored purple or orange.
> However that kind of marketing apparently does appeal to kids.
> <snicker>

Yes, but Power Users all use Macs... it's the intelligentsia that use
them, people like Bill Joy that created Java, Tim Berners Lee that
created the world wide web, the Google Kids, all Mac people.

Only the "cogs in the corporate machine" still are stuck using "Windows"
which is just another word for IBM. The poor souls, so uneducated about
modern computing techniques.

Someday you'll move up and see what all the excitement is about! Check
out below for a preview of what is coming the world in June! (you'll see
it in Vista in 2012)

http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/index.html

-
MICHAEL

Re: My experience on this forum.
> Don't worry, Apple will be No. 1 in a few shorts years. It's already 50%
> the size of Microsoft, and much more valuable than DeLL, so ponder that
> for a moment.

Liar.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...shots/114.html
Apple
Revenues= $13.9 billion
Profits= $1.3 billion
Assets= $11.5 billion
Market Value= $55 billion

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...shots/406.html
Dell
Revenues= $55.9 billion
Profits= $3.5 billion
Assets= $23.1 billion
Market Value= $68.4 billion

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...shots/676.html
IBM
Revenues= $91.1 billion
Profits= $7.9 billion
Assets= $105.7 billion
Market Value= $131.1 billion

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...shots/625.html
HP
Revenues= $86.6 billion
Profits= $2.3 billion
Assets= $77 billion
Market Value= $96.6 billion

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...shots/879.html
Microsoft
Revenues= $39.7 billion
Profits= $12.2 billion
Assets= $70.8 billion
Market Value= $284.1 billion

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...lue/index.html
Biggest Companies: By Market Value (stock price x outstanding stocks issued)

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...its/index.html
Most profitable companies

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...500/full_list/
Biggest Companies: By Revenues

"EarthSchol" <earthsch@well.net> wrote in message

>> >Or just get a Mac and be done with it...

>> The only good apples are the kind you can chew. Show me a Mac user and
>> I'll show you a kid that refuses to grow up. The proof is Apple has
>> been around longer then PC's and in spite of them having a official
>> policy of dumping them in schools by the carload for next to nothing
>> or even giving them away in a effort to hook kids, they NEVER have got
>> much above a 6% market share. That should tell you something, but in
>> your case I doubt it.

> That was never Apple's fault. It's always been the computer "outsider".
> It's the spear of innovation in the PC industry and while it might not
> have the "most", it has the top portion of the PC market.
>
> Last time Apple was No. 1 was in 1995 with around 14%. Now it's in 4th,
> and will be in 3rd place once 2007 is complete. The Apple generation is
> just getting into positions of power, while the old "Buy IBM or be
> Fired" generation is now dying off.
>
> Don't worry, Apple will be No. 1 in a few shorts years. It's already 50%
> the size of Microsoft, and much more valuable than DeLL, so ponder that
> for a moment.
>
>> No serious user wants a cube or a computer colored purple or orange.
>> However that kind of marketing apparently does appeal to kids.
>> <snicker>

> Yes, but Power Users all use Macs... it's the intelligentsia that use
> them, people like Bill Joy that created Java, Tim Berners Lee that
> created the world wide web, the Google Kids, all Mac people.
>
> Only the "cogs in the corporate machine" still are stuck using "Windows"
> which is just another word for IBM. The poor souls, so uneducated about
> modern computing techniques.
>
> Someday you'll move up and see what all the excitement is about! Check
> out below for a preview of what is coming the world in June! (you'll see
> it in Vista in 2012)
>
> http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/index.html
>
> -

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: My experience on this forum.
It has the top portion of it's own market.. the only country where Apple
have any real foothold is the US, and even that is fairly tenuous.. their
biggest selling point was always graphics, but a PC is almost as good, if
not as good these days.. the PC has come a long way over the years.. Macs
have stood still other than appear in some arcane case designs.. pricing
kills Macs, that and the lack of good software..

"EarthSchol" <earthsch@well.net> wrote in message

>> >Or just get a Mac and be done with it...

>> The only good apples are the kind you can chew. Show me a Mac user and
>> I'll show you a kid that refuses to grow up. The proof is Apple has
>> been around longer then PC's and in spite of them having a official
>> policy of dumping them in schools by the carload for next to nothing
>> or even giving them away in a effort to hook kids, they NEVER have got
>> much above a 6% market share. That should tell you something, but in
>> your case I doubt it.

> That was never Apple's fault. It's always been the computer "outsider".
> It's the spear of innovation in the PC industry and while it might not
> have the "most", it has the top portion of the PC market.
>
> Last time Apple was No. 1 was in 1995 with around 14%. Now it's in 4th,
> and will be in 3rd place once 2007 is complete. The Apple generation is
> just getting into positions of power, while the old "Buy IBM or be
> Fired" generation is now dying off.
>
> Don't worry, Apple will be No. 1 in a few shorts years. It's already 50%
> the size of Microsoft, and much more valuable than DeLL, so ponder that
> for a moment.
>
>> No serious user wants a cube or a computer colored purple or orange.
>> However that kind of marketing apparently does appeal to kids.
>> <snicker>

> Yes, but Power Users all use Macs... it's the intelligentsia that use
> them, people like Bill Joy that created Java, Tim Berners Lee that
> created the world wide web, the Google Kids, all Mac people.
>
> Only the "cogs in the corporate machine" still are stuck using "Windows"
> which is just another word for IBM. The poor souls, so uneducated about
> modern computing techniques.
>
> Someday you'll move up and see what all the excitement is about! Check
> out below for a preview of what is coming the world in June! (you'll see
> it in Vista in 2012)
>
> http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/index.html
>
> -

Adam Albright

Re: My experience on this forum.
On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 08:15:55 -0500, "MICHAEL" <u158627_emr@dslr.net>
wrote:

> [...]

>> have the "most", it has the top portion of the PC market.
>>
>> Last time Apple was No. 1 was in 1995 with around 14%. Now it's in 4th,
>> and will be in 3rd place once 2007 is complete. The Apple generation is
>> just getting into positions of power, while the old "Buy IBM or be
>> Fired" generation is now dying off.
>>
>> Don't worry, Apple will be No. 1 in a few shorts years. It's already 50%
>> the size of Microsoft, and much more valuable than DeLL, so ponder that
>> for a moment.
>>
>>> No serious user wants a cube or a computer colored purple or orange.
>>> However that kind of marketing apparently does appeal to kids.
>>> <snicker>

>> Yes, but Power Users all use Macs... it's the intelligentsia that use
>> them, people like Bill Joy that created Java, Tim Berners Lee that
>> created the world wide web, the Google Kids, all Mac people.

Power Users use Macs is a Oxymoron if there ever was one. LOL!