Vista Driver for Western Digital Caviar SE16 KS, 250GB Hard Drive

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9lIEs=?=

Vista Driver for Western Digital Caviar SE16 KS, 250GB Hard Drive
Went to the Western Digital site to look for a Vista driver for the Caviar
SE16 KS, 250GB Hard Drive installed on my PC. WD says that they do not have
one as of yet, but I can't help wondering if they are not as informed on
their own web site as to this issue. I fin it hard to believe that they would
not have a driver at this stage of the Vista release.
=?Utf-8?B?TWFyeQ==?=

RE: Vista Driver for Western Digital Caviar SE16 KS, 250GB Hard Drive
Hard drives don't need drivers. I have the exact drive as you and it works
fine with Vista.

"Joe K" wrote:

> Went to the Western Digital site to look for a Vista driver for the Caviar
> SE16 KS, 250GB Hard Drive installed on my PC. WD says that they do not have
> one as of yet, but I can't help wondering if they are not as informed on
> their own web site as to this issue. I fin it hard to believe that they would
> not have a driver at this stage of the Vista release.

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0?=

RE: Vista Driver for Western Digital Caviar SE16 KS, 250GB Hard Drive
Is this a secondary drive?

"Joe K" wrote:

> Went to the Western Digital site to look for a Vista driver for the Caviar
> SE16 KS, 250GB Hard Drive installed on my PC. WD says that they do not have
> one as of yet, but I can't help wondering if they are not as informed on
> their own web site as to this issue. I fin it hard to believe that they would
> not have a driver at this stage of the Vista release.

peterbasov

Re: Vista Driver for Western Digital Caviar SE16 KS, 250GB Hard Drive

Gang,

I need some help.

I have two external WD 500GB harddrives. With Win XP I did not have
any problems. I could shut them down with one touch, put them in
stand-by mode etc. With Win Vista these units are running as long as
USB cable connected. I cant control them. To shut them down USB cable
must be disconnected.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Pete

--
peterbasov
peterbasov's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=32318

http://forums.techarena.in

peterbasov

Re: Vista Driver for Western Digital Caviar SE16 KS, 250GB Hard Drive

This is external harddrive to my laptop. I am using this harddrive for
back-up/storage.

--
peterbasov
peterbasov's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=32318
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=675546

http://forums.techarena.in

barathn

Re: Vista Driver for Western Digital Caviar SE16 KS, 250GB Hard Drive

Hi,

I recently bought a WESTERN DIGITAL External HardDisk.

I have Three Desktops Two running Windows vista, One running Windows XP
and
One Laptop Running windows XP.

Desktop 1 SPECS

AMD ATHLON XP 2600+, 1 GB DDR 400 RAM, 80 GB SATA SEAGATE + 160 GB SATA

SEAGATE, nVidia Geforce 5200FX, NVIDIA NFORCE 2 BOARD, OS : WINDOWS
VISTA
ULTIMATE

DESKTOP 2 SPECS

AMD ATHLON X2 5600+ (DUAL CORE), 2GB DDR2 800 RAM, 320 GB WESTERN
DIGITAL
SATA HDD, AMD 690G BOARD. OS: WINDOWS VISTA

DESKTOP 3 SPECS

AMD ATHLON 3000+ , 1 GB DDR 333 RAM, 80 GB SEAGATE, SYSTEM
MANIFACTURER: HP,
OS : WINDOWS XP

LAPTOP 1 SPECS

INTEL CENTRINO 1.7 GHZ (SINGLE CORE), 512 MB RAM, LAPTOP MANIFACTURER :

COMPAQ, OS : WINDOWS XP.

i also have 3 external HDD. 1. SAMSUNG 2. SEAGATE 3. WESTERN DIGITAL.

Now the Desktop 1, with Western Digital Harddisk inside , when plugged
in
External HardDisk of Same Brand (Western Digital) , detects the
hardware ,
and does not install the driver.

In DESKTOP 2, With Seagate HDD inside on SATA interface, when plugged
in
Western Digital Detects n Installs the Driver Automatically , but when

plugged in Seagate external HDD it does not detect at all.

in Desktop 3 : NO PROBLEM IN HARDWARE N DRIVER INSTALLATION

IN LAPTOP 1 : NO PROBLEM IN HARDWARE N DRIVER INSTALLATION.

THE SAMSUNG DRIVE IS DETECTED IN ALL THE SYSTEM.

Thus, from this i can identify that Windows Vista has some problem in
identifying the external HDD (USD HDD) when is of
*_same_brand__*as of Internal
HDD.

If this is true. Then what is the solution ?

If this is not True ? Then why is the other drivers are installed
without a
problem while Vista does not install. XP Does it perfectly well..

thanks.

--
barathn
barathn's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=36767