Hide hidden files - but just on the desktop?

boe

Hide hidden files - but just on the desktop?
Hello,

I thought I'd posted this question but now I can't seem to find it. I want
to show hidden files for every folder but one - the desktop. I can't seem
to figure a way to change this behavior for just one folder - it seems to be
all or nothing. Also - no matter how I try - even as administrator - I
don't ever seem to see the option apply to all folders - it seems to be
greyed out no matter where I am.

Thank

Nikhil Bendre

Re: Hide hidden files - but just on the desktop?
Hi,

I know desktop.ini shown on desktop...this was filed as bug during beta.
Workaround is try deleting these two files. Hope MS fixes this issue.

With Regards,
Nikhil Bendre

"boe" <boe_d@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I thought I'd posted this question but now I can't seem to find it. I

want
> to show hidden files for every folder but one - the desktop. I can't

seem
> to figure a way to change this behavior for just one folder - it seems to

be
> all or nothing. Also - no matter how I try - even as administrator - I
> don't ever seem to see the option apply to all folders - it seems to be
> greyed out no matter where I am.
>
> Thank

Rock

Re: Hide hidden files - but just on the desktop?
"boe" <boe_d@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote

> Hello,
>
> I thought I'd posted this question but now I can't seem to find it. I
> want to show hidden files for every folder but one - the desktop. I
> can't seem to figure a way to change this behavior for just one folder -
> it seems to be all or nothing. Also - no matter how I try - even as
> administrator - I don't ever seem to see the option apply to all folders -
> it seems to be greyed out no matter where I am.

You're post is here and with several replies. If you can't find a post
search for your name as author using Google Groups Advanced Search. Search
all newsgroups or just this one: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general.

http://groups.google.com/advanced_se...e=UTF-8&hl=en&

Maybe you're not downloading enough headers? In outlook express or Windows
Mail do a Ctrl-H to see all replies to your posts.

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

boe

Re: Hide hidden files - but just on the desktop?
Thanks- got it!