VBScript runtime error installing MS Win Installer Cleanup Util

=?Utf-8?B?Q3ludGhpYQ==?=

VBScript runtime error installing MS Win Installer Cleanup Util
I downloaded Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, and tried to
install and run it. Unfortunately, even though I am in the admin account in
Vista I get the following error and the utility does not run:

Error message:
Script
c:/users/admin/appdata/local/temp/Ixpooo.tmp/startmsi.vbs
line 17
char 1
error permission denied
code 8000046
source Microsoft VBScript runtime error.

So, why can't I run this utility and what does this error mean?
Albright

Re: VBScript runtime error installing MS Win Installer Cleanup Util
Cynthia <Cynthia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I downloaded Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, and tried to
> install and run it. Unfortunately, even though I am in the admin account in
> Vista I get the following error and the utility does not run:
>
> Error message:
> Script
> c:/users/admin/appdata/local/temp/Ixpooo.tmp/startmsi.vbs
> line 17
> char 1
> error permission denied
> code 8000046
> source Microsoft VBScript runtime error.
>
> So, why can't I run this utility and what does this error mean?

it means, Microsoft didn't test their code with the installed base,
which is increasingly evident here. your best bet is to get a Macintosh
since these types of errors do not occur with the better written code of
Apple programmers.

you need to realize Microsoft really isn't a computer company, but a
marketing and legal firm. They know very, very little about computing
and how to make things work in the modern world.

better luck next time! or just get a mac and these problems disappear.

visual basic works better on a Mac anyway, give "realbasic' a try and
you won't see these errors.

http://www.realbasic.com/

sorry to hear of your suffering in the hands of microsoft.
correctstupidness

Re: VBScript runtime error installing MS Win Installer Cleanup Util

That was a stupid answer... whatever your complaints may be about
Microsoft... to tell someone to go out and by another messed up (more)
expensive OS system. Just because you were too damn lazy to find a
solution...

_WELL_HERE_IS_THE_SOLUTION_(COPPED_FROM_ANOTHER_FO RUM):_
Hi Doe,

Install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility as administrator. To do
so, right-click the setup file (msicuu2.exe) and choose Run as
Administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for
confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

See also:

Error "800A0046 - Permission Denied" when installing the Windows
Installer Cleanup Utility in Windows Vista:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/170/1/

--
Regards,

"Doe" <Doe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I have Windows Vista 32-bit and downloaded the cleanup utility from
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/290301. Once the download
is
complete I double click the program and instantly I get an error
message that
reads:

Script: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\IXP000.TMP\St artMsi.vbs
Line: 17
Char: 1
Error: Permission denied
Code: 800A0046
Source: Microsoft VBCScript runtime error

I really have no idea what this mean, and need some help. If there is
no
solution to my problem, are there any similar utilities I can download?

--------

And if you have to get another OS system, get Ubuntu, it's free

--
correctstupidness
correctstupidness's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=34357

http://forums.techarena.in