installation help....please

=?Utf-8?B?a2FyYQ==?=

installation help....please
wish i knew more....when i try to install vista ....i restart puter with disc
in and it does nothing....how can i get it to pull it up? please any
help.......

=?Utf-8?Q?Laurent_G=C3=A9beau_=5BMToo=5D?=

Re: installation help....please
Hi

Your computer must be setup in order to boot from DVD .

Go in your BIOS options then find it (if you tell us more about your
config, some can help you more)

--
Laurent Gébeau (MToo)
[MVP Windows]

"kara" <kara@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
> wish i knew more....when i try to install vista ....i restart puter with
> disc
> in and it does nothing....how can i get it to pull it up? please any
> help.......

Michelle Steiner

Re: installation help....please
In article <60086AA1-01CA-454D-A0C8-EE44D7BC9312@microsoft.com>,
kara <kara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> wish i knew more....when i try to install vista ....i restart puter with disc
> in and it does nothing....how can i get it to pull it up? please any
> help.......

at this point, it's probably best to go ahead and get a Macintosh... you
won't have problems with them. Technically they are the most modern,
easiest to use, and have engineered "out" all computer issues that a
"user" would have to deal with in the old "windows world"... and ask
anyone that owns one... and they will agree.

Windows was only good in the 90's, Microsoft wasn't able to keep up with
Apple after that. Now you know...

http://www.apple.com/
Adam Albright

Re: installation help....please
On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 13:31:01 -0800, kara
<kara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>wish i knew more....when i try to install vista ....i restart puter with disc
>in and it does nothing....how can i get it to pull it up? please any
>help.......

On many computers you need to go into BIOS and change the boot order
to CD/DVD drive first. Most by default are set to try to boot either
from your floopy disk or hard drive. If it just don't auto play you
can use Windows Explorer to find the file marked setup on your CD/DVD
drive. Click it and it should spin up and start.

Adam Albright

Re: installation help....please
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 14:55:20 -0700, Michelle Steiner
<michelle@michelle.org> wrote:

>In article <60086AA1-01CA-454D-A0C8-EE44D7BC9312@microsoft.com>,
> kara <kara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> wish i knew more....when i try to install vista ....i restart puter with disc
>> in and it does nothing....how can i get it to pull it up? please any
>> help.......

>at this point, it's probably best to go ahead and get a Macintosh... you
>won't have problems with them. Technically they are the most modern,
>easiest to use, and have engineered "out" all computer issues that a
>"user" would have to deal with in the old "windows world"... and ask
>anyone that owns one... and they will agree.

ROTFLMAO!

Maverick

Adam Albright wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 14:55:20 -0700, Michelle Steiner
> <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:
>

>>In article <60086AA1-01CA-454D-A0C8-EE44D7BC9312@microsoft.com>,
>>kara <kara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>

>>>wish i knew more....when i try to install vista ....i restart puter with disc
>>>in and it does nothing....how can i get it to pull it up? please any
>>>help.......

>>at this point, it's probably best to go ahead and get a Macintosh... you
>>won't have problems with them. Technically they are the most modern,
>>easiest to use, and have engineered "out" all computer issues that a
>>"user" would have to deal with in the old "windows world"... and ask
>>anyone that owns one... and they will agree.

> ROTFLMAO!

Yeup! The reason most maccies are here is because we heard a lot of
laughter in the far distance and came to find out what was so funny.
It seems that Vista has become the butt of the joke.

But seriously, one can buy a new intel mac and use bootcamp to install
vista in a dual boot situation and enjoy the best of both worlds.
Something you can't do with any other PC at this time. It may change in
the future tho.
Adam Albright

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 21:29:49 -0700, Maverick <Sun@mustang.org> wrote:

>Adam Albright wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 14:55:20 -0700, Michelle Steiner
>> <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:

>>>at this point, it's probably best to go ahead and get a Macintosh... you
>>>won't have problems with them. Technically they are the most modern,
>>>easiest to use, and have engineered "out" all computer issues that a
>>>"user" would have to deal with in the old "windows world"... and ask
>>>anyone that owns one... and they will agree.

>> ROTFLMAO!

> Yeup! The reason most maccies are here is because we heard a lot of
>laughter in the far distance and came to find out what was so funny.
>It seems that Vista has become the butt of the joke.
>
>But seriously, one can buy a new intel mac and use bootcamp to install
>vista in a dual boot situation and enjoy the best of both worlds.
>Something you can't do with any other PC at this time. It may change in
>the future tho.

We already know you're next to clueless on the topic of computers. How
many more times will you need to confirm it? It is far better to
remain silent and let people wonder about your intelligence rather
than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Ted Landry

Adam Albright <AA@ABC.net> wrote:

> > Yeup! The reason most maccies are here is because we heard a lot of
> >laughter in the far distance and came to find out what was so funny.
> >It seems that Vista has become the butt of the joke.
> >
> >But seriously, one can buy a new intel mac and use bootcamp to install
> >vista in a dual boot situation and enjoy the best of both worlds.
> >Something you can't do with any other PC at this time. It may change in
> >the future tho.

> We already know you're next to clueless on the topic of computers. How
> many more times will you need to confirm it? It is far better to
> remain silent and let people wonder about your intelligence rather
> than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Maverick offered a helpful option. Get a Mac and dual boot Vista on it.
We all know there won't be "install problems" on Apple hardware. So
people should at least consider his offer.

You can see all real time pricing for Macs right here in one place:

http://www.pcprices.net/
Maverick

Adam Albright wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 21:29:49 -0700, Maverick <Sun@mustang.org> wrote:
>

>>Adam Albright wrote:

>>>ROTFLMAO!

>> Yeup! The reason most maccies are here is because we heard a lot of
>>laughter in the far distance and came to find out what was so funny.
>>It seems that Vista has become the butt of the joke.
>>
>>But seriously, one can buy a new intel mac and use bootcamp to install
>>vista in a dual boot situation and enjoy the best of both worlds.
>>Something you can't do with any other PC at this time. It may change in
>>the future tho.

> We already know you're next to clueless on the topic of computers.

And I already know you have a great big mouth too.
Others have witnessed your stupid outrageous rants.
Do you like to make yourself look so stupid and foolish in public?

> How
> many more times will you need to confirm it? It is far better to
> remain silent and let people wonder about your intelligence rather
> than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

You should follow that advice, ****smack.
Maverick

Ted Landry wrote:

> Adam Albright <AA@ABC.net> wrote:
>

>>> Yeup! The reason most maccies are here is because we heard a lot of
>>>laughter in the far distance and came to find out what was so funny.
>>>It seems that Vista has become the butt of the joke.
>>>
>>>But seriously, one can buy a new intel mac and use bootcamp to install
>>>vista in a dual boot situation and enjoy the best of both worlds.
>>>Something you can't do with any other PC at this time. It may change in
>>>the future tho.

>>We already know you're next to clueless on the topic of computers. How
>>many more times will you need to confirm it? It is far better to
>>remain silent and let people wonder about your intelligence rather
>>than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

> Maverick offered a helpful option. Get a Mac and dual boot Vista on it.
> We all know there won't be "install problems" on Apple hardware. So
> people should at least consider his offer.
>
> You can see all real time pricing for Macs right here in one place:
>
> http://www.pcprices.net/

Or at least go out and just buy a PC that already runs Vista installed.
From the grapevine, and if one reads some of Microsoft EULAs, you
aren't supposed to run Vista in a virtual environment either. But Apple
is working on bootcamp to allow a dual boot of Vista. Which is why
Leopard isn't out yet.
At least one can be guaranteed that it will work.