Boot loop running first time

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaW8=?=

Boot loop running first time
Hi everyone!

I tried the upgrade advisory on my notebook and the only issue I had was
with my wireless card driver... so I decided to have go with a clean
installation of Vista.

Everything went fine... I formatted the HD partition with 40Gb, which should
be more than enough and the installation went well until it said it had
finnished and it would be required to reboot the pc to start windows for the
first time.
Well... and that was it... after rebooting, it showed the windows loading
screen, then black screen and automatically rebooted over and over... and so
on.

No error message shown... in fact, it actually shows something but it's so
fast that there no way to read it.

I tried repairing the installation but the system says that it's not
possible to repair the problem and asks me to submit it to microsoft, but it
doesn't actually says what the problem is.

I've used the command line to open all setup log files created and none
shows an error... the closest I found was this line, but it's listed as info:

Win32_Processor: Failed to create IWbemLocator object. Error code =
0x80040154

In the Wbem folder I actually find a log file with some errors... something
like can't load ndis, monitor and some other driver. But nothing I can use...

The system specs:
P IV 3,0Ghz
1 Gb DDR RAM
Samsung 80Gb IDE HDD
ATI Radeon 9600 Mobility 128Mb

Any sugestions? Please don't tell me to try and reinstall it again... I've
done that.
Mayor of R'lyeh

Re: Boot loop running first time
]Mario <Mario@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Everything went fine... I formatted the HD partition with 40Gb, which should
> be more than enough and the installation went well until it said it had
> finnished and it would be required to reboot the pc to start windows for the
> first time.
> Well... and that was it... after rebooting, it showed the windows loading
> screen, then black screen and automatically rebooted over and over... and so
> on.
>
> No error message shown... in fact, it actually shows something but it's so
> fast that there no way to read it.
>
> I tried repairing the installation but the system says that it's not
> possible to repair the problem and asks me to submit it to microsoft, but it
> doesn't actually says what the problem is.
>
> I've used the command line to open all setup log files created and none
> shows an error... the closest I found was this line, but it's listed as info:
>
> Win32_Processor: Failed to create IWbemLocator object. Error code =
> 0x80040154
>
> In the Wbem folder I actually find a log file with some errors... something
> like can't load ndis, monitor and some other driver. But nothing I can use...
>
> The system specs:
> P IV 3,0Ghz
> 1 Gb DDR RAM
> Samsung 80Gb IDE HDD
> ATI Radeon 9600 Mobility 128Mb
>
> Any sugestions? Please don't tell me to try and reinstall it again... I've
> done that.

No you don't need to reinstall, your best bet is to get a Macintosh
since these sorts of problem are unheard of in the more modern computer
world.

Windows was really only a stopgap for people in the "punchcard era",
during the 80's. Now, most people use Macs, they are trouble, and virus
free.

http://www.apple.com/hardware/
CZ

Re: Boot loop running first time
>> Now, most people use Macs, they are trouble, and virus free.

Mac Nut:

Apparently, Apple disagrees with you. Read the following to learn about
kernel panics

Mark Thompson

"CZ" <CZ@no99spam.com> wrote:

> >> Now, most people use Macs, they are trouble, and virus free.

> Mac Nut:
>
> Apparently, Apple disagrees with you. Read the following to learn about
> kernel panics

yeah, but you've gotta admit that is an extremely rare error to see.

Most mac users have never seen it, it's basically only happens when you
try to pull out ram when the machine is on, or some other odd ball
"pulling out" of a live device. It's not a common enough error to even
bring it up as talking point, nice try though!
Maverick

CZ wrote:

>>> Now, most people use Macs, they are trouble, and virus free.

> Mac Nut:
>
> Apparently, Apple disagrees with you. Read the following to learn about
> kernel panics

Thats odd... my older Mac is three years old and my newer iMac have
never given me a kernel panic. Of course, I've never got a virus either
in those three years. Which means I can save money by not having to buy
anti-virus software.
But a kernel panic most often occurs when you are trying to install
Linux or Unix on older hardware. Especially if you already have the
disk full and didn't format it. Then you'll get a kernel panic.
Adam Albright

Re: Boot loop running first time
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 21:23:59 -0700, Mark Thompson
<mkt-@sourceforge.net> wrote:

>> Mac Nut:
>>
>> Apparently, Apple disagrees with you. Read the following to learn about
>> kernel panics
>>
>> http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106227

>yeah, but you've gotta admit that is an extremely rare error to see.
>
>Most mac users have never seen it, it's basically only happens when you
>try to pull out ram when the machine is on, or some other odd ball
>"pulling out" of a live device. It's not a common enough error to even
>bring it up as talking point, nice try though!

Macs are toys designed for kids, by kids that never grew up.

CZ

Re: Boot loop running first time
Re: Mac kernel panics

yeah, but you've gotta admit that is an extremely rare error to see.

Most mac users have never seen it, it's basically only happens when you
try to pull out ram when the machine is on, or some other odd ball
"pulling out" of a live device. It's not a common enough error to even
bring it up as talking point, nice try though!

Mark:

But they do happen, which is contrary to Mac Nut's implication.
IMO, OS X is an excellent system. So are XP and Vista.