Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Confirmed with Asus - Can't load Vista x64 to SATA drive ( nForce 4 Driver)

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-05-2007
BobS
 

Posts: n/a
Confirmed with Asus - Can't load Vista x64 to SATA drive ( nForce 4 Driver)
Just to follow-up on this so others will know that Asus tech support
confirmed that you *cannot* load Vista 64 bit version on to a SATA drive
that uses the nForce 4 (for AMD) drivers. There's plenty of other problems
too but since they're a bit swamped with calls, I didn't have much time with
them. They did say, the new drivers most likely will show up on the Nvidia
site first.

Bob S.



Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2007
KYHighlander
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Confirmed with Asus - Can't load Vista x64 to SATA drive ( nForce 4 Driver)
what issue did it have when installing on this system? I have nForce4 AMD
with a SATA drive and it installed but the video jumps around.

--
KY
www.posernation.com


"BobS" <no-spam@noplace.com> wrote in message
news:uRZpqdVSHHA.1036@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Just to follow-up on this so others will know that Asus tech support
> confirmed that you *cannot* load Vista 64 bit version on to a SATA drive
> that uses the nForce 4 (for AMD) drivers. There's plenty of other
> problems too but since they're a bit swamped with calls, I didn't have
> much time with them. They did say, the new drivers most likely will show
> up on the Nvidia site first.
>
> Bob S.
>
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2007
BobS
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Confirmed with Asus - Can't load Vista x64 to SATA drive ( nForce 4 Driver)
Are you saying you have Vista 64 bit version loaded on to a SATA drive? If
so, then it must be connected to the eSATA drive (external) which is
controlled by the Sil 3132 SATA controller and not the nForce SATA
controller.

I have the 32 bit version of Vista on an internal SATA drive (nForce 4
driver) and that works fine and I have the 64 bit version on an EIDE drive
and that's fine too - but I cannot load the 64 bit version to an internal
SATA drive that uses the nForce 4 drivers.

Asus confirmed it won't run but if you have 64 bit Vista on an internal SATA
drive, I'd like to know what difference we have?

BobS


"KYHighlander" <kyhighlandnospam@adelphia.net> wrote in message
news:kvidnSO3-4lfFlXYnZ2dnUVZ_sCinZ2d@giganews.com...
> what issue did it have when installing on this system? I have nForce4 AMD
> with a SATA drive and it installed but the video jumps around.
>
> --
> KY
> www.posernation.com
>
>
> "BobS" <no-spam@noplace.com> wrote in message
> news:uRZpqdVSHHA.1036@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Just to follow-up on this so others will know that Asus tech support
>> confirmed that you *cannot* load Vista 64 bit version on to a SATA drive
>> that uses the nForce 4 (for AMD) drivers. There's plenty of other
>> problems too but since they're a bit swamped with calls, I didn't have
>> much time with them. They did say, the new drivers most likely will show
>> up on the Nvidia site first.
>>
>> Bob S.
>>
>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2007
KYHighlander
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Confirmed with Asus - Can't load Vista x64 to SATA drive ( nForce 4 Driver)
I'm not using a asus mb, I have a Gateway, but it uses Nforce. The tech guys
sent me to Nvidia to get new Nforce drivers as they think that is what is
making my video jitter.

I have a GT 5032, all the memory controllers and such in the device manager
are nforce. can't find the SATA controller in there, which may be why it is
working, I may not have updated SATA driver on my system. It works fine
under xp and will boot under vista but I have jittery video.

--
KY
www.posernation.com


"BobS" <no-spam@noplace.com> wrote in message
news:%23pZV9zgSHHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Are you saying you have Vista 64 bit version loaded on to a SATA drive?
> If so, then it must be connected to the eSATA drive (external) which is
> controlled by the Sil 3132 SATA controller and not the nForce SATA
> controller.
>
> I have the 32 bit version of Vista on an internal SATA drive (nForce 4
> driver) and that works fine and I have the 64 bit version on an EIDE drive
> and that's fine too - but I cannot load the 64 bit version to an internal
> SATA drive that uses the nForce 4 drivers.
>
> Asus confirmed it won't run but if you have 64 bit Vista on an internal
> SATA drive, I'd like to know what difference we have?
>
> BobS
>
>
> "KYHighlander" <kyhighlandnospam@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> news:kvidnSO3-4lfFlXYnZ2dnUVZ_sCinZ2d@giganews.com...
>> what issue did it have when installing on this system? I have nForce4 AMD
>> with a SATA drive and it installed but the video jumps around.
>>
>> --
>> KY
>> www.posernation.com
>>
>>
>> "BobS" <no-spam@noplace.com> wrote in message
>> news:uRZpqdVSHHA.1036@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> Just to follow-up on this so others will know that Asus tech support
>>> confirmed that you *cannot* load Vista 64 bit version on to a SATA drive
>>> that uses the nForce 4 (for AMD) drivers. There's plenty of other
>>> problems too but since they're a bit swamped with calls, I didn't have
>>> much time with them. They did say, the new drivers most likely will
>>> show up on the Nvidia site first.
>>>
>>> Bob S.
>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Follow-up to Can't install Vista x64 to SATA Drives (for Rock....;-) BobS microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 0 02-05-2007 03:20
No sata driver for Nforce 4 mobo, no driver for Audigy 2 value =?Utf-8?B?YnJvY2NvbGliZWVm?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 9 01-29-2007 23:43
ASUS P5N32 SLI DELUXE Motherboard will not load Vista =?Utf-8?B?QnJlbnQ=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 01-11-2007 00:29
RE: SATA DVD-RW Problems with Vista RTM x64 =?Utf-8?B?R2Vycnk=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 3 01-03-2007 06:03
Vista x64 installation troubles on nvidia nforce4 SATA drive =?Utf-8?B?bmVpbGRpbGxhbW9yZQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 3 12-20-2006 18:06




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:41.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120