Vista Re-activation

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hyb25veGVk?=

Vista Re-activation
Just wanted to vent a little about this, as I just had to do it a minute ago.
First of all, the re-activation went smoothly for the most part (if you
don't count the fact tha the auto phone part was no good and that I shouldn't
have to do the phone option to do begin with--I mean I have internet access,
can't it be activated from the server like it initally is)? Aparrently not.
I mean the tech guy was effiecient for the most part too though I would
recommend that the tech support agents be a little more friendly with the
customer--I honestly felt like the agent wasn't being all that friendly.

Now I can understand why Microsoft did this whole re-activation thing ( and
them making it happen when major hardware is changed--what I changed myself
here is my hard drive) but it would be so much simplier if I didn't have to
call to reactivate. There needs to be a manual activate online option done
in a similar way as the phone option, I think or at least the server handling
the request for activation should actually know when a customer has already
activated and should just assign them a new activation code. I mean I did
not just pay 159.00 dollars for the Premium Edition to go through a bunch of
hassle like this. If this continues and no changes to the way this is done
is made I'm going to consider demanding a refund and go back to xp--it never
gave me this problem when I had to reinstall it or put something new in.

I mean the OS itself runs great on my machine, but if I've got to worry
about this everytime I need to replace something or upgrade then to me it's
just not worth the money I paid, IMO.
Ron Miller

Re: Vista Re-activation
chronoxed wrote:
> Just wanted to vent a little about this, as I just had to do it a minute ago.
> First of all, the re-activation went smoothly for the most part (if you
> don't count the fact tha the auto phone part was no good and that I shouldn't
> have to do the phone option to do begin with--I mean I have internet access,
> can't it be activated from the server like it initally is)? Aparrently not.
> I mean the tech guy was effiecient for the most part too though I would
> recommend that the tech support agents be a little more friendly with the
> customer--I honestly felt like the agent wasn't being all that friendly.
>
> Now I can understand why Microsoft did this whole re-activation thing ( and
> them making it happen when major hardware is changed--what I changed myself
> here is my hard drive) but it would be so much simplier if I didn't have to
> call to reactivate. There needs to be a manual activate online option done
> in a similar way as the phone option, I think or at least the server handling
> the request for activation should actually know when a customer has already
> activated and should just assign them a new activation code. I mean I did
> not just pay 159.00 dollars for the Premium Edition to go through a bunch of
> hassle like this. If this continues and no changes to the way this is done
> is made I'm going to consider demanding a refund and go back to xp--it never
> gave me this problem when I had to reinstall it or put something new in.

XP never required reactivation? Mine does. You're supposed to be able
to make two hardware changes over a period of 120 days without needing
to reactivate. However, I've done something as simple as disabling an
onboard NIC and enabling the other onboard NIC and had it bring up a
message that I needed to reactivate Windows XP. Fortunately, in my
case, I was able to do it over the Internet, but the point is that
Windows Activation (and REactivation) is not something that's new in
Vista or unique to it. It sucks big time, but it's nothing new.

> I mean the OS itself runs great on my machine, but if I've got to worry
> about this everytime I need to replace something or upgrade then to me it's
> just not worth the money I paid, IMO.

Henceforth, I think the rule about two hardware changes in 120 days will
apply. Make more changes or make them more frequently, and Activation
will probably be in your face again.
=?Utf-8?B?Y2hyb25veGVk?=

Re: Vista Re-activation
Yeah XP only asked to be activated once (the very first time I installed it).
From there on no matter what changes I made to the hardware (I never
switched the hard drive that OS was going to run onduring that time though) I
never had to re-activate it. I wonder if I had to re-activiate Vista simply
because I ghosted the installation of Vista onto the new HD...I mean I also
installed a new Soundcard and switched the pci slots where everything else
was and booted before I put the HD in and wasn't prompted to re-activate
then. It is a bigger change than adding a sound card. In any case, I'm
hoping Microsoft can fix the lack of re-activating online soon as the phone
option is too much of a hassle for me.

"Ron Miller" wrote:

> chronoxed wrote:
> > Just wanted to vent a little about this, as I just had to do it a minute ago.
> > First of all, the re-activation went smoothly for the most part (if you
> > don't count the fact tha the auto phone part was no good and that I shouldn't
> > have to do the phone option to do begin with--I mean I have internet access,
> > can't it be activated from the server like it initally is)? Aparrently not.
> > I mean the tech guy was effiecient for the most part too though I would
> > recommend that the tech support agents be a little more friendly with the
> > customer--I honestly felt like the agent wasn't being all that friendly.
> >
> > Now I can understand why Microsoft did this whole re-activation thing ( and
> > them making it happen when major hardware is changed--what I changed myself
> > here is my hard drive) but it would be so much simplier if I didn't have to
> > call to reactivate. There needs to be a manual activate online option done
> > in a similar way as the phone option, I think or at least the server handling
> > the request for activation should actually know when a customer has already
> > activated and should just assign them a new activation code. I mean I did
> > not just pay 159.00 dollars for the Premium Edition to go through a bunch of
> > hassle like this. If this continues and no changes to the way this is done
> > is made I'm going to consider demanding a refund and go back to xp--it never
> > gave me this problem when I had to reinstall it or put something new in.

> XP never required reactivation? Mine does. You're supposed to be able
> to make two hardware changes over a period of 120 days without needing
> to reactivate. However, I've done something as simple as disabling an
> onboard NIC and enabling the other onboard NIC and had it bring up a
> message that I needed to reactivate Windows XP. Fortunately, in my
> case, I was able to do it over the Internet, but the point is that
> Windows Activation (and REactivation) is not something that's new in
> Vista or unique to it. It sucks big time, but it's nothing new.
>
> > I mean the OS itself runs great on my machine, but if I've got to worry
> > about this everytime I need to replace something or upgrade then to me it's
> > just not worth the money I paid, IMO.

> Henceforth, I think the rule about two hardware changes in 120 days will
> apply. Make more changes or make them more frequently, and Activation
> will probably be in your face again.

windows not activating

RE: Vista Re-activation
i changed my mb and ram afted windows not activating gives 3 days times to
activate