Computer turns itself off during installation

=?Utf-8?B?cml6enk=?=

Computer turns itself off during installation
When I tried upgrading the process went upto around 30% and the computer
turned itself off. When I restarted it said tha upgrade was not successful
and that the previous version is being restored. I backed up everything and
tried to do a clean install. This time it turned itself off after around 67%.

The Vista advisor said that there's no reason why I couldn't install Vista.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

All help is greatly appreciated.
Michelle Steiner

Re: Computer turns itself off during installation
rizzy <rizzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> When I tried upgrading the process went upto around 30% and the computer
> turned itself off. When I restarted it said tha upgrade was not successful
> and that the previous version is being restored. I backed up everything and
> tried to do a clean install. This time it turned itself off after around 67%.
>
> The Vista advisor said that there's no reason why I couldn't install Vista.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
>
> All help is greatly appreciated.

It's a PC, get a Mac and you won't have to ever deal again with these
"absurd" computer problems.

No intelligent person uses a Windows PC anymore, so this note is a sign
for you to move on up to a Mac.

http://www.apple.com/hardware/
Richard Urban

Re: Computer turns itself off during installation
Sounds like you may have a heat problem. The computer may be shutting down
to prevent damage to the CPU. Also, the P/S could be failing.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"rizzy" <rizzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I tried upgrading the process went upto around 30% and the computer
> turned itself off. When I restarted it said tha upgrade was not successful
> and that the previous version is being restored. I backed up everything
> and
> tried to do a clean install. This time it turned itself off after around
> 67%.
>
> The Vista advisor said that there's no reason why I couldn't install
> Vista.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
>
> All help is greatly appreciated.

Richard Urban

Re: Computer turns itself off during installation
Trash talk!

--

"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
> rizzy <rizzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> When I tried upgrading the process went upto around 30% and the computer
>> turned itself off. When I restarted it said tha upgrade was not
>> successful
>> and that the previous version is being restored. I backed up everything
>> and
>> tried to do a clean install. This time it turned itself off after around
>> 67%.
>>
>> The Vista advisor said that there's no reason why I couldn't install
>> Vista.
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
>>
>> All help is greatly appreciated.

> It's a PC, get a Mac and you won't have to ever deal again with these
> "absurd" computer problems.
>
> No intelligent person uses a Windows PC anymore, so this note is a sign
> for you to move on up to a Mac.
>
> http://www.apple.com/hardware/

Zim Babwe

So I guess you are calling me stupid? Along with all the other people who
use PC's?

Wern't you on a segment of COPS the other day?

"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
> rizzy <rizzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> When I tried upgrading the process went upto around 30% and the computer
>> turned itself off. When I restarted it said tha upgrade was not
>> successful
>> and that the previous version is being restored. I backed up everything
>> and
>> tried to do a clean install. This time it turned itself off after around
>> 67%.
>>
>> The Vista advisor said that there's no reason why I couldn't install
>> Vista.
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
>>
>> All help is greatly appreciated.

> It's a PC, get a Mac and you won't have to ever deal again with these
> "absurd" computer problems.
>
> No intelligent person uses a Windows PC anymore, so this note is a sign
> for you to move on up to a Mac.
>
> http://www.apple.com/hardware/

Michael Jennings

Re: Computer turns itself off during installation
Apple is spinning PC users as fools in these funny spots:
http://www.apple.com/getamac/

As usual, the market will compute the cost of moving to MAC,
and evaluate the merit of the claim probably as it has in the past.

"Michael Jennings" <metarhyme@gmail.com> wrote:

> Apple is spinning PC users as fools in these funny spots:
> http://www.apple.com/getamac/
>
> As usual, the market will compute the cost of moving to MAC,
> and evaluate the merit of the claim probably as it has in the past.

except this time it's far difference since you can run all your Windows
software on a Mac for free:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

or run Windows (or Linux) at the same time, for about $60:

http://www.parallels.com/en/products/workstation/mac/

http://www.asenashop.com/ivn/pr-0/11914.html

apple sells a little over 18,000 macs every 24 hours, so the switch is
on.
Michael Jennings

Re: Computer turns itself off during installation
Microsoft doesn't lose if people license Windows for the MAC.
My guess is, that to create the revolution you favor, commodity
pricing for OS-X would be needed, including freeing the software
from Apple's hardware, and that just isn't very likely. What
Bill Gates calls "Lynn-icks" has a better long term shot. Price.

Try harder to avoid loose speech in your evangelizing -
"run all your Windows software on a Mac for free," seems to
mean you don't have to pay for Windows or the applications
which are the reasons you need an OS. That is incorrect.