cant install adobe reader8 for Vista

b bop

cant install adobe reader8 for Vista

Everytime i try to install Adobe reader 8,the program starts and runs and
then there is a message entitled "windows installer" ,the message says "the
temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible.Free up space on
the drive or verify that you have permission on the temp folder"

First of all,c:\ is 50 gigs,and the temp folder in windows was cleared,and
the above message still appears.

WHAT is the problem?

thanks in advance

nmw

Re: cant install adobe reader8 for Vista
Are you running the install on a user account with admin rights?

Try running the installer as admin (right click on installer > run as
administrator)

"b bop" <blurpburp@blurp.nett.comm> wrote in message

> Everytime i try to install Adobe reader 8,the program starts and runs and
> then there is a message entitled "windows installer" ,the message says
> "the temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible.Free up
> space on the drive or verify that you have permission on the temp folder"
>
> First of all,c:\ is 50 gigs,and the temp folder in windows was cleared,and
> the above message still appears.
>
> WHAT is the problem?
>
> thanks in advance

mikeyhsd

Re: cant install adobe reader8 for Vista
if all you need is pdf reader, give
vspdfreader.exe
a look. works great for me for just reading pdf files.
does away with all the garbage adobe installs on your system.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"b bop" <blurpburp@blurp.nett.comm> wrote in message news:OzfQCMTSHHA.3500@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

Everytime i try to install Adobe reader 8,the program starts and runs and
then there is a message entitled "windows installer" ,the message says "the
temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible.Free up space on
the drive or verify that you have permission on the temp folder"

First of all,c:\ is 50 gigs,and the temp folder in windows was cleared,and
the above message still appears.

WHAT is the problem?

thanks in advance

Reyede

Re: cant install adobe reader8 for Vista
You need to the have UAC enabled or run setup from the extracted folder to
install Adobe Reader 8.

Reyede

"b bop" <blurpburp@blurp.nett.comm> wrote in message

> Everytime i try to install Adobe reader 8,the program starts and runs and
> then there is a message entitled "windows installer" ,the message says
> "the temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible.Free up
> space on the drive or verify that you have permission on the temp folder"
>
> First of all,c:\ is 50 gigs,and the temp folder in windows was cleared,and
> the above message still appears.
>
> WHAT is the problem?
>
> thanks in advance

=?Utf-8?B?dG1hcnIwNA==?=

Re: cant install adobe reader8 for Vista
UAC does NOT have to be enabled to run this setup, if you browse
c:\users\login\appdata\locallow\netopsystems\adobe reader 8 and then run the
setup.msi it should work. it is not the setup.exe that will install as this
gives the same error but it is the other setup that works