Windows cannot copy files required for this insallation...

=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgSiBXYXRzb24=?=

Windows cannot copy files required for this insallation...
"Windows cannot copy files required for this insallation. The files may be
corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are
available and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070241"

I have tried to install Vista Ultimate many times, and have the record to
date is reaching 68% (copying files) before I get the above error.

I have tried upgrading and installing to a clean version without any luck.

Someone suggested I format my drive C: and boot from the Vista DVD, but I
guess that because I have an upgrade version, it will not qualify for a full
installation!

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Malke

Re: Windows cannot copy files required for this insallation...
Peter J Watson wrote:
> "Windows cannot copy files required for this insallation. The files may be
> corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are
> available and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070241"
>

> I have tried to install Vista Ultimate many times, and have the record to
> date is reaching 68% (copying files) before I get the above error.
>

> I have tried upgrading and installing to a clean version without any luck.
>

> Someone suggested I format my drive C: and boot from the Vista DVD, but I
> guess that because I have an upgrade version, it will not qualify for a full
> installation!

Failure to install an operating system usually has to do with faulty
hardware. It could be a bad DVD, bad DVD drive, bad RAM, bad hard drive.
You need to test your hardware even though it may have all worked with
XP. We've particularly seen this with RAM, just like we did with systems
going from Win2K to XP and systems going from Win9x/ME/Win2K to XP.

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...ardware_Tshoot

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
mikeyhsd

Re: Windows cannot copy files required for this insallation...
not uncommon when vista finds a piece of hardware it has some problem with\during install.

you might find that by disabling/turning off any not needed devices for install via the bios it will succeed.
things like extra hard drives, usb, serial/parallel ports.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com