OEM INFO/LOGO

=?Utf-8?B?TXVuY2hCb3g=?=

OEM INFO/LOGO
Hello
Just wondering how to add oem Info and logo to windows vista ultimate.

Dave R.

Re: OEM INFO/LOGO

"MunchBox" <MunchBox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> Just wondering how to add oem Info and logo to windows vista ultimate.

I'm also interested in the answer - I've seen how to do some of it
through Windows Automated Installation Kit using the Unattended
Installation settings
(http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx?mfr=true)
but not where you can go and manually change it in an already installed
/ deployed system. Also, in XP you could specify more information than
this article discusses - hopefully we haven't lost that ability in
Vista...

Best Regards,

Dave

=?Utf-8?B?TXVuY2hCb3g=?=

Re: OEM INFO/LOGO

"Dave R." wrote:

> "MunchBox" <MunchBox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello
> > Just wondering how to add oem Info and logo to windows vista ultimate.

> I'm also interested in the answer - I've seen how to do some of it
> through Windows Automated Installation Kit using the Unattended
> Installation settings
> (http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx?mfr=true)
> but not where you can go and manually change it in an already installed
> / deployed system. Also, in XP you could specify more information than
> this article discusses - hopefully we haven't lost that ability in
> Vista...
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Dave
>
> Hello Dave I have figured it out

> First make your oemlogo (Max 120 x 120 pix) then save it as oemlogo.bmp.

After you make the logo put it in your system32 folder. (start computer C
Windows System32).

Now open your Registry Editor (Start Run Type regedit then OK)

Find OEMinformation
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion
OEMinformation

Now click on OEMinformation

On the right you will have

Name Type
Data
ad(Default) REG_SZ
(value not set)

Now right click under default, then new String Value, then name it one of
string values

Now double click your new string values, under Value Data type your info to
match string.

For you Logo Value, under Value data type C:\Windows\system32\oemlogo.bmp

String Values

Manufacturer
Model
SupportHours
SupportPhone
SupportURL
Logo

When your finished it should look like this (you dont have to do them all)

Name Type
Data
ab(Default) REG_SZ
(value not set)
abLogo REG_SZ
C:\Windows\system32\oemlogo.bmp
abManufacturer REG_SZ
Whatever you want
abModel REG_SZ
Whatever you want
abSupportHours REG_SZ
Whatever you want
abSupportPhone REG_SZ
Whatever you want
abSupportURL REG_SZ
Whatever you want
Now go to system properties and see the changes
=?Utf-8?B?TXVuY2hCb3g=?=

Re: OEM INFO/LOGO

"MunchBox" wrote:

> "Dave R." wrote:
>

> > "MunchBox" <MunchBox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello
> > > Just wondering how to add oem Info and logo to windows vista ultimate.

> > I'm also interested in the answer - I've seen how to do some of it
> > through Windows Automated Installation Kit using the Unattended
> > Installation settings
> > (http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx?mfr=true)
> > but not where you can go and manually change it in an already installed
> > / deployed system. Also, in XP you could specify more information than
> > this article discusses - hopefully we haven't lost that ability in
> > Vista...
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Dave
> >
> > Hello Dave I have figured it out

> > First make your oemlogo (Max 120 x 120 pix) then save it as oemlogo.bmp.

> After you make the logo put it in your system32 folder. (start computer C
> Windows System32).
>
> Now open your Registry Editor (Start Run Type regedit then OK)
>
> Find OEMinformation
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion
> OEMinformation
>
> Now click on OEMinformation
>
> On the right you will have
>
> Name Type
> Data
> ad(Default) REG_SZ
> (value not set)
>

> Now right click under default, then new String Value, then name it one of
> string values
>
> Now double click your new string values, under Value Data type your info to
> match string.
>
> For you Logo Value, under Value data type C:\Windows\system32\oemlogo.bmp
>

> String Values
>
> Manufacturer
> Model
> SupportHours
> SupportPhone
> SupportURL
> Logo
>
> When your finished it should look like this (you dont have to do them all)
>
> Name Type
> Data
> ab(Default) REG_SZ
> (value not set)
> abLogo REG_SZ
> C:\Windows\system32\oemlogo.bmp
> abManufacturer REG_SZ
> Whatever you want
> abModel REG_SZ
> Whatever you want
> abSupportHours REG_SZ
> Whatever you want
> abSupportPhone REG_SZ
> Whatever you want
> abSupportURL REG_SZ
> Whatever you want
> Now go to system properties and see the changes

That didnt turn out very well

Name Type Data
ab (Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
ab Logo REG_SZ C:\Windows\system32\oemlogo.bmp
ab Manufacturer REG_SZ Whatever
ab Model REG_SZ Whatever

> [...]

>> ab(Default)
>> REG_SZ
>> (value not set)
>> abLogo
>> REG_SZ
>> C:\Windows\system32\oemlogo.bmp
>> abManufacturer
>> REG_SZ
>> Whatever you want
>> abModel
>> REG_SZ
>> Whatever you want
>> abSupportHours REG_SZ
>> Whatever you want
>> abSupportPhone REG_SZ
>> Whatever you want
>> abSupportURL REG_SZ
>> Whatever you want
>> Now go to system properties and see the changes

> That didnt turn out very well
>
> Name Type Data
> ab (Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
> ab Logo REG_SZ C:\Windows\system32\oemlogo.bmp

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a go. Are we limited to just the 5
fields plus the logo? Just curious since in XP we had logo,
Manufacturer, Model, plus 11 lines of support information which allowed
us to put our support fax, support email address, machine type and image
version, etc. It will be a shame if that is gone away now.

Best regards,

Dave

=?Utf-8?B?TXVuY2hCb3g=?=

Re: OEM INFO/LOGO

> "Dave R." wrote:
>

>> "MunchBox" <MunchBox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > That didnt turn out very well
>> >
>> > Name Type Data
>> > ab (Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
>> > ab Logo REG_SZ C:\Windows\system32\oemlogo.bmp
>> > ab Manufacturer REG_SZ Whatever
>> > ab Model REG_SZ Whatever
>> > ab SupportHours REG_SZ Whatever
>> > ab SupportPhone REG_SZ Whatever
>> > ab SupportURL REG_SZ Whatever
>> >

>> Thanks for the info, I'll give it a go. Are we limited to just the 5
>> fields plus the logo? Just curious since in XP we had logo,
>> Manufacturer, Model, plus 11 lines of support information which
>> allowed
>> us to put our support fax, support email address, machine type and
>> image
>> version, etc. It will be a shame if that is gone away now.
>>

>Not real sure Dave I'm only using model logo, and manufacturer. I think
>that those are the only 5 we have.

Works great, thanks again. I tried several ways to get additional
fields but wasn't successful so I guess we're out of luck for anything
beyond the 5 fields.

Best Regards,

Dave