* Stop:0x0000005C error

turlisk

* Stop:0x0000005C error
ok ive been reading through the entire vista threads on this error
and yeah didnt find much i did send a request to my board
manufacturer for a new bios for vista (the board is an Epox EP-8RDA3I)

my vista upgrade tool says there is nothing wrong but yeah i get the
stop error im going to try and run the install through windows to see
if i get the same error.

anyways the reason for this posting is i just went and bought this and
im surprised this error exists to be honest i mean ive seen windows
do some crazy stuff but to release an operating system you cant even
install (maybe im just being stupid in saying this so ill stop) has
anyone found a fix for this error or do i just have to hope the board
manufacturer will put out a bios that fixes it?

--
Posted at author's request, using http://www.WinForumz.com interface
Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact author/report abuse

=?Utf-8?B?RGVhbg==?=

RE: * Stop:0x0000005C error
I am having this error too! :-(

"turlisk" wrote:

> ok i’ve been reading through the entire vista threads on this error
> and yeah didn’t find much i did send a request to my board
> manufacturer for a new bios for vista (the board is an Epox EP-8RDA3I)
>
> my vista upgrade tool says there is nothing wrong but yeah i get the
> stop error i’m going to try and run the install through windows to see
> if i get the same error.
>
> anyways the reason for this posting is i just went and bought this and
> i’m surprised this error exists to be honest i mean i’ve seen windows
> do some crazy stuff but to release an operating system you can’t even
> install (maybe i’m just being stupid in saying this so i’ll stop) has
> anyone found a fix for this error or do i just have to hope the board
> manufacturer will put out a bios that fixes it?
>
> --
> Posted at author's request, using http://www.WinForumz.com interface
> Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact author/report abuse
> Thread archive: http://www.WinForumz.com/vista/Stop-...pict15135.html

turlisk

Re: *** Stop:0x0000005C error
after trying the install through windows i found out that yes i do
need a bios update usually this error is caused from there not being
ACPI function in the "advanced tab" that windows looks for in the
bios.

uh so yeah basically if you are getting this error talk to your board
manufacturer and get them to make you a bios update thatll work with
vista and if you cant uh tell them thanks for making me choose
another manufacturer for my boards.