installing update 7... HELP!

=?Utf-8?B?Q1NM?=

installing update 7... HELP!
I just installed Windows Vista Home Premium over Windows XP SP2. The install
took about two hours but it went fine. I then tried to restart my computer
and it said it was going to install some updates (I don't recall asking it
to). It began to install a series of 10 updates. All went by quickly until
it got to update 7. I have now been waiting 4 hours to access my computer
and all I see is the blue-green screen with a message: "Please do not power
off or unplug your machine. Installing update 7 of 10..." The machine is not
frozen as the little circle continues to turn and the dots at the end of the
sentence continue to move. The hard drive is also constantly accessing.

Is this normal? Should it be taking this long? SHould I turn off and restart?

Thank uou in advance.
Wegie

Re: installing update 7... HELP!
CSL <CSL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I just installed Windows Vista Home Premium over Windows XP SP2. The install
> took about two hours but it went fine. I then tried to restart my computer
> and it said it was going to install some updates (I don't recall asking it
> to). It began to install a series of 10 updates. All went by quickly until
> it got to update 7. I have now been waiting 4 hours to access my computer
> and all I see is the blue-green screen with a message: "Please do not power
> off or unplug your machine. Installing update 7 of 10..." The machine is not
> frozen as the little circle continues to turn and the dots at the end of the
> sentence continue to move. The hard drive is also constantly accessing.
>
> Is this normal? Should it be taking this long? SHould I turn off and restart?
>
> Thank uou in advance.

Get a Macintosh. Problem solved! Forever!

Why people are still hitting their head against a Microsoft produced
product is amazing. It's crap people! MS doesn't know how to program
software, they are a "shell legal firm", nothing more. wake up wake up!

Here's Bill's Dad's Company!

http://www.klgates.com/

wake up wake up!

--
..
Jim Fisher

Re: installing update 7... HELP!

"Wegie" <here@northere.com> wrote in message news:45c6cad4$0$10309

> Get a Macintosh. Problem solved! Forever!
>
> Why people are still hitting their head against a Microsoft produced
> product is amazing. It's crap people! MS doesn't know how to program
> software, they are a "shell legal firm", nothing more. wake up wake up!
>
> Here's Bill's Dad's Company!
>
> http://www.klgates.com/
>
> wake up wake up!

So do y'all think Apple sends these loons here or are they from some asylum?

Zim Babwe

Re: installing update 7... HELP!
So they let you out on Parole? Were the charges dropped? How is that ankle
bracelet going?

Some people just need to be locked up!

> CSL <CSL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> I just installed Windows Vista Home Premium over Windows XP SP2. The
>> install
>> took about two hours but it went fine. I then tried to restart my
>> computer
>> and it said it was going to install some updates (I don't recall asking
>> it
>> to). It began to install a series of 10 updates. All went by quickly
>> until
>> it got to update 7. I have now been waiting 4 hours to access my
>> computer
>> and all I see is the blue-green screen with a message: "Please do not
>> power
>> off or unplug your machine. Installing update 7 of 10..." The machine is
>> not
>> frozen as the little circle continues to turn and the dots at the end of
>> the
>> sentence continue to move. The hard drive is also constantly accessing.
>>
>> Is this normal? Should it be taking this long? SHould I turn off and
>> restart?
>>
>> Thank uou in advance.

> Get a Macintosh. Problem solved! Forever!
>
> Why people are still hitting their head against a Microsoft produced
> product is amazing. It's crap people! MS doesn't know how to program
> software, they are a "shell legal firm", nothing more. wake up wake up!
>
> Here's Bill's Dad's Company!
>
> http://www.klgates.com/
>
> wake up wake up!
>
> --
> .

=?Utf-8?B?Z2xwcmlkZQ==?=

RE: installing update 7... HELP!

"CSL" wrote:

> I just installed Windows Vista Home Premium over Windows XP SP2. The install
> took about two hours but it went fine. I then tried to restart my computer
> and it said it was going to install some updates (I don't recall asking it
> to). It began to install a series of 10 updates. All went by quickly until
> it got to update 7. I have now been waiting 4 hours to access my computer
> and all I see is the blue-green screen with a message: "Please do not power
> off or unplug your machine. Installing update 7 of 10..." The machine is not
> frozen as the little circle continues to turn and the dots at the end of the
> sentence continue to move. The hard drive is also constantly accessing.
>
> Is this normal? Should it be taking this long? SHould I turn off and restart?
>
> Thank uou in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?Z2xwcmlkZQ==?=

RE: installing update 7... HELP!
I have a similar problem - left updates running overnight .... said not to
unplug or close down whilst updates are being installed ..... first time
stuck on 7% completion .... restored computer to before the updates - this
time it has stuck at 4% after 4hours!!!! whats going on?????