Wrong DVD in Vista Box

=?Utf-8?B?Um9u?=

Wrong DVD in Vista Box
Hi Everyone,

I purchased a Vista Ultimate OEM package for a new PC I built. I ordered
the 32-bit version, but the x64 DVD was inside the package. I didn't notice
this until after I installed (the box was labeled 32-bit).

Would this license key work with a 32-bit version? If so, would there be
any way I could download an burn a DVD of the 32 bit version so I wouldn't
have to go to the trouble of returning the box to the vendor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ron
BobS

Re: Wrong DVD in Vista Box
I don't know about the OEM version but I have the retail Ultimate package
that comes with two DVD's, one for the 32 bit, the other for the 64 bit
version and the product key works on both...

Bob S.

Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I purchased a Vista Ultimate OEM package for a new PC I built. I ordered
> the 32-bit version, but the x64 DVD was inside the package. I didn't
> notice
> this until after I installed (the box was labeled 32-bit).
>
> Would this license key work with a 32-bit version? If so, would there be
> any way I could download an burn a DVD of the 32 bit version so I wouldn't
> have to go to the trouble of returning the box to the vendor?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Ron

=?Utf-8?B?Um9u?=

Re: Wrong DVD in Vista Box
Thanks Bob! I was wondering about that, as I'd heard that both DVDs come
with the retail packaging.

"BobS" wrote:

> I don't know about the OEM version but I have the retail Ultimate package
> that comes with two DVD's, one for the 32 bit, the other for the 64 bit
> version and the product key works on both...
>
> Bob S.
>
> Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I purchased a Vista Ultimate OEM package for a new PC I built. I ordered
> > the 32-bit version, but the x64 DVD was inside the package. I didn't
> > notice
> > this until after I installed (the box was labeled 32-bit).
> >
> > Would this license key work with a 32-bit version? If so, would there be
> > any way I could download an burn a DVD of the 32 bit version so I wouldn't
> > have to go to the trouble of returning the box to the vendor?
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > Ron

Robert Firth

Re: Wrong DVD in Vista Box
The license key will work for both 32 and 64 bit versions. I'm not sure how
you will be able to get a 32 bit dvd though.

--
/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* Robert Firth *

"Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I purchased a Vista Ultimate OEM package for a new PC I built. I ordered
> the 32-bit version, but the x64 DVD was inside the package. I didn't
> notice
> this until after I installed (the box was labeled 32-bit).
>
> Would this license key work with a 32-bit version? If so, would there be
> any way I could download an burn a DVD of the 32 bit version so I wouldn't
> have to go to the trouble of returning the box to the vendor?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Ron

koze

Re: Wrong DVD in Vista Box
Just contact your local dealer or MS office and explain, you might have to
pay for handling but will receive a new dvd with the 32 Bit on it.

The key is the same for both. But only one may be installed at the same
time.

Ko.

"Robert Firth" <webmaster@winvistainfo.org> schreef in bericht
> The license key will work for both 32 and 64 bit versions. I'm not sure
> how you will be able to get a 32 bit dvd though.
>
> --
> /* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> * Robert Firth *
> * Windows Vista x86 RTM *
> * http://www.WinVistaInfo.org *
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * */
>
> "Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I purchased a Vista Ultimate OEM package for a new PC I built. I ordered
>> the 32-bit version, but the x64 DVD was inside the package. I didn't
>> notice
>> this until after I installed (the box was labeled 32-bit).
>>
>> Would this license key work with a 32-bit version? If so, would there be
>> any way I could download an burn a DVD of the 32 bit version so I
>> wouldn't
>> have to go to the trouble of returning the box to the vendor?
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>> Ron

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: Wrong DVD in Vista Box
Sort it oout with the dealer you bought it from -- Microsoft will wash
their hands of any OEM purchase by an individual. (I know System
Builders ..... but keep it simple? )