Partition

=?Utf-8?B?dGVzdFZJU1RB?=

Partition
I have my current disk partitioned to have 15 GB in C, 15 GB in D and rest as
50+100. I had XP and now upgraded to Vista Business.

However I see that I need more space in C and dont want to reformat the
entire disk as I will first have to buy another 200GB disk and then move all
of this into that one. I need at least 50 GB from the entire disk.

Can somebody tell me how to resize the partitions in VISTA ? I have already
formatted the D partition and dont have any issue if C and D are coimbined.

Thanks for your help
AJR

Re: Partition
Partition Magic, Acronis Disk Director and so forth.

"testVISTA" <testVISTA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have my current disk partitioned to have 15 GB in C, 15 GB in D and rest
>as
> 50+100. I had XP and now upgraded to Vista Business.
>
> However I see that I need more space in C and dont want to reformat the
> entire disk as I will first have to buy another 200GB disk and then move
> all
> of this into that one. I need at least 50 GB from the entire disk.
>
> Can somebody tell me how to resize the partitions in VISTA ? I have
> already
> formatted the D partition and dont have any issue if C and D are
> coimbined.
>
> Thanks for your help

Robert Firth

Re: Partition
There is the built in disk manager as well - and it is free.

Start > right click on "computer", select "manage". The "Computer
Management" dialog will appear. On the left pane, open the tree "Storage"
and click "Disk Management".

From there, you can click on the partitions to add, delete, shrink, or
extend the partitions.

--
/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* Robert Firth *

"AJR" <ajrjdr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Partition Magic, Acronis Disk Director and so forth.
>
> "testVISTA" <testVISTA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have my current disk partitioned to have 15 GB in C, 15 GB in D and rest
>>as
>> 50+100. I had XP and now upgraded to Vista Business.
>>
>> However I see that I need more space in C and dont want to reformat the
>> entire disk as I will first have to buy another 200GB disk and then move
>> all
>> of this into that one. I need at least 50 GB from the entire disk.
>>
>> Can somebody tell me how to resize the partitions in VISTA ? I have
>> already
>> formatted the D partition and dont have any issue if C and D are
>> coimbined.
>>
>> Thanks for your help

John Inzer

Re: Partition
testVISTA wrote:
> I have my current disk partitioned to have 15 GB in C, 15 GB in D and
> rest as 50+100. I had XP and now upgraded to Vista Business.
>
> However I see that I need more space in C and dont want to reformat
> the entire disk as I will first have to buy another 200GB disk and
> then move all of this into that one. I need at least 50 GB from the
> entire disk.
>
> Can somebody tell me how to resize the partitions in VISTA ? I have
> already formatted the D partition and dont have any issue if C and D
> are coimbined.
>
> Thanks for your help

==================================
In Windows Vista...Disk Management...is
supposed to allow the resizing of partitions
with no data loss.

Start / Run / type "diskmgmt.msc" / press Enter.

Proceed at your own risk...if you try it...
let us know the result.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Barry Watzman

Re: Partition
I'm not sure that there is a way to do it; previously I would have said
use Partition Magic, but apparently it has problems with Vista, both
won't run from Vista and won't resize partitions created from Vista
properly.

MAYBE you can make an Image backup (use Acronis TrueImage), then destroy
both C: & D:, and reinstall the image to the now free space. But I'm
not sure if that will work or not.

testVISTA wrote:
> I have my current disk partitioned to have 15 GB in C, 15 GB in D and rest as
> 50+100. I had XP and now upgraded to Vista Business.
>
> However I see that I need more space in C and dont want to reformat the
> entire disk as I will first have to buy another 200GB disk and then move all
> of this into that one. I need at least 50 GB from the entire disk.
>
> Can somebody tell me how to resize the partitions in VISTA ? I have already
> formatted the D partition and dont have any issue if C and D are coimbined.
>
> Thanks for your help

koze

Re: Partition
Type Diskpart from an elevated CMD prompt (run as "administrator") delete
the partition at the end if that's empty, expand you current C to the
desired size and recreate the other partition in the empty space.

Ko.

"testVISTA" <testVISTA@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht