Uninstalling Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade

=?Utf-8?B?dHJhdm1hbg==?=

Uninstalling Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade
I recently purchased the Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade from XP package
and am having major technical difficulties with this operating system. Is
there a way to uninstall Vista and go back to using XP without wiping my
entire system?
Rock

Re: Uninstalling Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade
"travman" <travman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>I recently purchased the Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade from XP package
> and am having major technical difficulties with this operating system. Is
> there a way to uninstall Vista and go back to using XP without wiping my
> entire system?

No, there is no rollback to XP after the Vista install is complete. To
reinstall XP you'll need to do a clean install.

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

Lang Murphy

Re: Uninstalling Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade
Check out this MS KB article...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927522/en-us

Lang

"travman" <travman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently purchased the Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade from XP package
> and am having major technical difficulties with this operating system. Is
> there a way to uninstall Vista and go back to using XP without wiping my
> entire system?

=?Utf-8?B?V2lsZg==?=

Re: Uninstalling Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade
What about if you have not finalised the Vista Installation? When my machine
starts I get three choices:
Earlier version of Windows
Windows VistaMicrosoft Recovery Console

Wopuld one of these restore my previous XP set up?

"Lang Murphy" <lang_murphy@hotmail.com> wrote

> Check out this MS KB article...

> "travman" <travman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>>I recently purchased the Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade from XP
>>package
>> and am having major technical difficulties with this operating system. Is
>> there a way to uninstall Vista and go back to using XP without wiping my
>> entire system?

I looked and looked for that and couldn't find it. Thanks for posting it.

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

"Wilf" <Wilf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> What about if you have not finalised the Vista Installation? When my
> machine
> starts I get three choices:
> Earlier version of Windows
> Windows VistaMicrosoft Recovery Console
>
> Wopuld one of these restore my previous XP set up?
>
> "Lang Murphy" wrote:
>
>> Check out this MS KB article...

>> Lang
>>
>> "travman" <travman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>> >I recently purchased the Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade from XP
>> >package
>> > and am having major technical difficulties with this operating system.
>> > Is
>> > there a way to uninstall Vista and go back to using XP without wiping
>> > my
>> > entire system?

No, that's the standard Advanced Boot Options menu.

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

Lang Murphy

Re: Uninstalling Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade
No problem; glad you found it now. ;-)

Lang

"Rock" <rock@nospam.net> wrote in message
> "Lang Murphy" <lang_murphy@hotmail.com> wrote
>
>> Check out this MS KB article...

>> "travman" <travman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>>>I recently purchased the Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade from XP
>>>package
>>> and am having major technical difficulties with this operating system.
>>> Is
>>> there a way to uninstall Vista and go back to using XP without wiping my
>>> entire system?

> I looked and looked for that and couldn't find it. Thanks for posting it.
>
> --
> Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

Rock

Re: Uninstalling Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade
Lol, and after I saw your post and added to favorites I found I had already
put it there, the old brain sometimes doesn't connect, eh?

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

Lang Murphy

Re: Uninstalling Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade
ROTFLMAO... oh, yeah... I can relate!

> Lol, and after I saw your post and added to favorites I found I had
> already put it there, the old brain sometimes doesn't connect, eh?
>
> "Lang Murphy" <lang_murphy@hotmail.com> wrote
>
>> No problem; glad you found it now. ;-)
>>
>> Lang
>>
>> "Rock" <rock@nospam.net> wrote

>>> "Lang Murphy" <lang_murphy@hotmail.com> wrote

>>> I looked and looked for that and couldn't find it. Thanks for posting
>>> it.

> --
> Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?ajU0YW1z?=

Re: Uninstalling Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade
Is there any other source than the microsft article for going back to an
earlier version of windows? That article is to technical for me. I need
something easier for the average person to understand. Thanks