can't uninstall junk programs on new HP w/Vista

=?Utf-8?B?Tm9iYWR0aGluZw==?=

can't uninstall junk programs on new HP w/Vista
I just purchased a new HP Pavilion with Vista yesterday. As soon as got it
home I went to uninstall programs to remove the pre-installed junk software
only to find must of the programs were not listed as available to uninstall.
I've talked to HP and the people at Best Buy but no one can tell me how to
get rid of it. I'm extremely annoyed. I'm fairly computer literate but I'm
not an expert. I do know I don't like having this crap on my computer and
I'm frustrated enough to return the whole thing. Is there anyway I can
safely uninstall the following "trial" programs: Vongo, Vonage, AOL, Easy
Internet, High Speed Services etc? Also, I want to remove: MSN, PhotoSmart
Essential, Windows Meeting Space, LightScribe etc?

(Hp said I need to call the software providers. I asked them why they put
it on there if they don't know how to get it off but "Tina" (yea, right) had
no idea what I was saying. I didn't understand most of what she said either
so I guess we were even. Gotta love outsourcing to India...)

If anyone has the answers please let me know. I don't appreciate losing
control over what programs reside on my PC and the lack of ability to
uninstall is really ticking me off.
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: can't uninstall junk programs on new HP w/Vista
Read your HP Owner's Guide and learn how to perform
a "destructive recovery" using HP's recommended procedure.
This will reformat your drive and reinstall Windows Vista
without all the preinstalled "junk".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Nobadthing" wrote:

[...]

Michael Jennings

Re: can't uninstall junk programs on new HP w/Vista
I like HP's chat support. If you are in the United States,
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/...isplay=support
Click the Start Detection button. When chat is offered, go for it.
I am quite sure that "Tina" was mistaken, so try again & don't use the phone.