Going back to 32 bit from 64 bit

=?Utf-8?B?VGhvbWFzIFdpaWdoIExhcnNlbg==?=

Going back to 32 bit from 64 bit
Hey there !

Is it possible to "tune down" to a 32 bit, when u have the 64 bit installed.
I only have minor prob. One is Norton Internet Security 2007, this program is
not working with the 64 bit vers.

The only other issue, is my Account program C5 light, I use this prog. in my
small company. This prog. will not install, due to framework.NET problems, I
can not find any sollutions to it, so I think it might be the 64 bit vers.
that makes all the fuzz.

I´am running with a AMD 5200+ x2 / 2 gb ram and the install is the Ultimate
version oem.

Plz help :-)
Dustin Harper

Re: Going back to 32 bit from 64 bit
You would have to do a clean install of the OS to go back to the 32Bit
version.

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com
http://www.vistarip.com

Thomas Wiigh Larsen wrote:
> Hey there !
>
> Is it possible to "tune down" to a 32 bit, when u have the 64 bit installed.
> I only have minor prob. One is Norton Internet Security 2007, this program is
> not working with the 64 bit vers.
>
> The only other issue, is my Account program C5 light, I use this prog. in my
> small company. This prog. will not install, due to framework.NET problems, I
> can not find any sollutions to it, so I think it might be the 64 bit vers.
> that makes all the fuzz.
>
> I´am running with a AMD 5200+ x2 / 2 gb ram and the install is the Ultimate
> version oem.
>
> Plz help :-)

Barry Watzman

Re: Going back to 32 bit from 64 bit
No; you will have to start over from scratch and do a clean install of
the 32-bit version.

Thomas Wiigh Larsen wrote:
> Hey there !
>
> Is it possible to "tune down" to a 32 bit, when u have the 64 bit installed.
> I only have minor prob. One is Norton Internet Security 2007, this program is
> not working with the 64 bit vers.
>
> The only other issue, is my Account program C5 light, I use this prog. in my
> small company. This prog. will not install, due to framework.NET problems, I
> can not find any sollutions to it, so I think it might be the 64 bit vers.
> that makes all the fuzz.
>
> I´am running with a AMD 5200+ x2 / 2 gb ram and the install is the Ultimate
> version oem.
>
> Plz help :-)

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FjdHNib2I=?=

Re: Going back to 32 bit from 64 bit
I'm not sure exactly what the 64 bit install will install on. I have a
Pentium D processor. Will the 64 bit install on this processor? And if so,
what is the consensus of 64 bit installs of Vista - good / bad?

Thanks

"Barry Watzman" wrote:

> No; you will have to start over from scratch and do a clean install of
> the 32-bit version.
>

> Thomas Wiigh Larsen wrote:
> > Hey there !
> >
> > Is it possible to "tune down" to a 32 bit, when u have the 64 bit installed.
> > I only have minor prob. One is Norton Internet Security 2007, this program is
> > not working with the 64 bit vers.
> >
> > The only other issue, is my Account program C5 light, I use this prog. in my
> > small company. This prog. will not install, due to framework.NET problems, I
> > can not find any sollutions to it, so I think it might be the 64 bit vers.
> > that makes all the fuzz.
> >
> > I´am running with a AMD 5200+ x2 / 2 gb ram and the install is the Ultimate
> > version oem.
> >
> > Plz help :-)

=?Utf-8?B?ZGZlaWZlcg==?=

RE: Going back to 32 bit from 64 bit
Vista comes pre loaded with .net 3.0, If you are having problems on that end,
Have you installed which ever version your software is looking for?

Running norton internet security is a bit of overkill for vista, and I have
seen problems with it working correctly in the 32 bit version as well.
Usually this is of the , It looks like its working, but really isn't veriety.
All you really need is a decent virus scanner.

"Thomas Wiigh Larsen" wrote:

> Hey there !
>
> Is it possible to "tune down" to a 32 bit, when u have the 64 bit installed.
> I only have minor prob. One is Norton Internet Security 2007, this program is
> not working with the 64 bit vers.
>
> The only other issue, is my Account program C5 light, I use this prog. in my
> small company. This prog. will not install, due to framework.NET problems, I
> can not find any sollutions to it, so I think it might be the 64 bit vers.
> that makes all the fuzz.
>
> I´am running with a AMD 5200+ x2 / 2 gb ram and the install is the Ultimate
> version oem.
>
> Plz help :-)

David R. Norton, MVP Shell/User

Cactsbob <Cactsbob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure exactly what the 64 bit install will install on. I
> have a Pentium D processor. Will the 64 bit install on this
> processor?

You need a 64 bit processor and I'm pretty sure the Pentium D
processors are all 64 bit but I could be wrong so check Intel's
website to be sure.

http://indigo.intel.com/compare_cpu/...&culture=en-US

> And if so, what is the consensus of 64 bit installs of Vista -
> good / bad?

Mixed. Do your homework, find and read messages in this group that
relate to your specific hardware, update all your drivers, etc.

A lot of folks here have no problems at all, some, like myself, have
had some problems with drivers for printers, scanners, etc, (which
I've been able to solve) and some have had an absolutely horrible
time with no success at all. So, again, do your homework!

Here's a good source of information: http://www.planetAMD64.com

You'll have to register to get downloads or to post questions in
the forums but they only want a valid email address and you can use
a Yahoo or Hotmail account for that.