How do I hide the security center shield - wanring me I turned off UAC.

boe

How do I hide the security center shield - wanring me I turned off UAC.
I turned off UAC so I could work without being harrassed every 2 minutes.
However i get the little shield warning in the bottom right about UAC being
turned off. I'd like to be warned about other security issues but I'll
never notice the shield unless there is a way to turn the notification off
for UAC. I may not be an expert on Vista yet but I would consider myself
way above average for Windows so I don't ever want to turn UAC on again.

Thanks

Kerry Brown

Re: How do I hide the security center shield - wanring me I turned off UAC.
"boe" <boe_d@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I turned off UAC so I could work without being harrassed every 2 minutes.
>However i get the little shield warning in the bottom right about UAC being
>turned off. I'd like to be warned about other security issues but I'll
>never notice the shield unless there is a way to turn the notification off
>for UAC. I may not be an expert on Vista yet but I would consider myself
>way above average for Windows so I don't ever want to turn UAC on again.
>
> Thanks

What does being an expert have to do with uac?

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

boe

Re: How do I hide the security center shield - wanring me I turned off UAC.
Apparently not much. Do you have a way around the shield notification for
UAC but on for other warnings?

> "boe" <boe_d@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I turned off UAC so I could work without being harrassed every 2 minutes.
>>However i get the little shield warning in the bottom right about UAC
>>being turned off. I'd like to be warned about other security issues but
>>I'll never notice the shield unless there is a way to turn the
>>notification off for UAC. I may not be an expert on Vista yet but I
>>would consider myself way above average for Windows so I don't ever want
>>to turn UAC on again.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> What does being an expert have to do with uac?
>
> --
> Kerry Brown
> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> http://www.vistahelp.ca

Kerry Brown

Re: How do I hide the security center shield - wanring me I turned off UAC.
I don't know of a way to just disable it for one item only.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

> Apparently not much. Do you have a way around the shield notification for
> UAC but on for other warnings?

>> "boe" <boe_d@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I turned off UAC so I could work without being harrassed every 2 minutes.
>>>However i get the little shield warning in the bottom right about UAC
>>>being turned off. I'd like to be warned about other security issues but
>>>I'll never notice the shield unless there is a way to turn the
>>>notification off for UAC. I may not be an expert on Vista yet but I
>>>would consider myself way above average for Windows so I don't ever want
>>>to turn UAC on again.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> What does being an expert have to do with uac?
>>
>> --
>> Kerry Brown
>> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
>> http://www.vistahelp.ca

Robert Firth

Re: How do I hide the security center shield - wanring me I turned off UAC.
True. You can tell it to change the way it notifies you by clicking on the
shield and selecting "change the way windows notifies me", but that will
prevent all those security messages from appearing.

--
* Robert Firth *