Nero 7 problem

Peter Afonin

Nero 7 problem
Hello,

When I try to perform an upgrade from Windows XP to Vista, I'm getting
message after compatibility check that I need to uninstall Nero Burning Rom.

First, I have a latest version of Nero which is compatible with Vista. It's
not even called "Burning Rom" anymore, just Nero 7. Perhaps, something had
been left from the previous version.

Second, I uninstalled it, even cleaned the registry and used Nero Cleanup
tool - still getting the same message.

Did anyone had the same problem?

Thank you,

--
Peter Afonin

Adam Albright

Re: Nero 7 problem
On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 14:20:28 -0800, "Peter Afonin"
<pafonin@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>When I try to perform an upgrade from Windows XP to Vista, I'm getting
>message after compatibility check that I need to uninstall Nero Burning Rom.
>
>First, I have a latest version of Nero which is compatible with Vista. It's
>not even called "Burning Rom" anymore, just Nero 7. Perhaps, something had
>been left from the previous version.
>
>Second, I uninstalled it, even cleaned the registry and used Nero Cleanup
>tool - still getting the same message.
>
>Did anyone had the same problem?
>
>Thank you,

Nero while a nice suite of applications is very difficult to remove.
Always has been. Go to their site and look around for something they
call Clean tools. Following link is for version 6, they probably have
something for 7 somwhere. The problem is this is a very hard
application to COMPLETELY uninstall. To nobody's surprise using
Microsoft next to useless add/remove (how you are suppose to be able
to remove any application from Windows) accessible from control panel,
doesn't get it all. The result is a unstable system. Uninstall using
Nero's tool, get Vista up and running, (lots of luck) then once you
do, reinstall Nero.

http://www.nero.com/nero6/enu/Clean_Tools.html

I had the same issue trying to get rid of version 6. It finally worked
after repeated tries.

Peter Afonin

Re: Nero 7 problem
Thank you, Adam,

I've found these tools and run them. Will try again.

Peter

"Adam Albright" <AA@ABC.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 14:20:28 -0800, "Peter Afonin"
> <pafonin@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>When I try to perform an upgrade from Windows XP to Vista, I'm getting
>>message after compatibility check that I need to uninstall Nero Burning
>>Rom.
>>
>>First, I have a latest version of Nero which is compatible with Vista.
>>It's
>>not even called "Burning Rom" anymore, just Nero 7. Perhaps, something had
>>been left from the previous version.
>>
>>Second, I uninstalled it, even cleaned the registry and used Nero Cleanup
>>tool - still getting the same message.
>>
>>Did anyone had the same problem?
>>
>>Thank you,

> Nero while a nice suite of applications is very difficult to remove.
> Always has been. Go to their site and look around for something they
> call Clean tools. Following link is for version 6, they probably have
> something for 7 somwhere. The problem is this is a very hard
> application to COMPLETELY uninstall. To nobody's surprise using
> Microsoft next to useless add/remove (how you are suppose to be able
> to remove any application from Windows) accessible from control panel,
> doesn't get it all. The result is a unstable system. Uninstall using
> Nero's tool, get Vista up and running, (lots of luck) then once you
> do, reinstall Nero.
>
> http://www.nero.com/nero6/enu/Clean_Tools.html
>
> I had the same issue trying to get rid of version 6. It finally worked
> after repeated tries.

Peter Afonin

Re: Nero 7 problem
It finally worked. Thanks again,

Peter

"Adam Albright" <AA@ABC.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 14:20:28 -0800, "Peter Afonin"
> <pafonin@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>When I try to perform an upgrade from Windows XP to Vista, I'm getting
>>message after compatibility check that I need to uninstall Nero Burning
>>Rom.
>>
>>First, I have a latest version of Nero which is compatible with Vista.
>>It's
>>not even called "Burning Rom" anymore, just Nero 7. Perhaps, something had
>>been left from the previous version.
>>
>>Second, I uninstalled it, even cleaned the registry and used Nero Cleanup
>>tool - still getting the same message.
>>
>>Did anyone had the same problem?
>>
>>Thank you,

> Nero while a nice suite of applications is very difficult to remove.
> Always has been. Go to their site and look around for something they
> call Clean tools. Following link is for version 6, they probably have
> something for 7 somwhere. The problem is this is a very hard
> application to COMPLETELY uninstall. To nobody's surprise using
> Microsoft next to useless add/remove (how you are suppose to be able
> to remove any application from Windows) accessible from control panel,
> doesn't get it all. The result is a unstable system. Uninstall using
> Nero's tool, get Vista up and running, (lots of luck) then once you
> do, reinstall Nero.
>
> http://www.nero.com/nero6/enu/Clean_Tools.html
>
> I had the same issue trying to get rid of version 6. It finally worked
> after repeated tries.

=?Utf-8?B?RGFyeWxHMg==?=

RE: Nero 7 problem
I have Nero 7 Ultra and once the upgrade to Vista Ultimate was complete, I
ran the nero product setup it took care of everything thing from there with
installing the new update and everything is fine.

"Peter Afonin" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I try to perform an upgrade from Windows XP to Vista, I'm getting
> message after compatibility check that I need to uninstall Nero Burning Rom.
>
> First, I have a latest version of Nero which is compatible with Vista. It's
> not even called "Burning Rom" anymore, just Nero 7. Perhaps, something had
> been left from the previous version.
>
> Second, I uninstalled it, even cleaned the registry and used Nero Cleanup
> tool - still getting the same message.
>
> Did anyone had the same problem?
>
> Thank you,
>
> --
> Peter Afonin

Maverick

Re: Nero 7 problem
Adam Albright wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 14:20:28 -0800, "Peter Afonin"
> <pafonin@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>When I try to perform an upgrade from Windows XP to Vista, I'm getting
>>message after compatibility check that I need to uninstall Nero Burning Rom.
>>
>>First, I have a latest version of Nero which is compatible with Vista. It's
>>not even called "Burning Rom" anymore, just Nero 7. Perhaps, something had
>>been left from the previous version.
>>
>>Second, I uninstalled it, even cleaned the registry and used Nero Cleanup
>>tool - still getting the same message.
>>
>>Did anyone had the same problem?
>>
>>Thank you,

> Nero while a nice suite of applications is very difficult to remove.
> Always has been. Go to their site and look around for something they
> call Clean tools. Following link is for version 6, they probably have
> something for 7 somwhere. The problem is this is a very hard
> application to COMPLETELY uninstall. To nobody's surprise using
> Microsoft next to useless add/remove (how you are suppose to be able
> to remove any application from Windows) accessible from control panel,
> doesn't get it all. The result is a unstable system. Uninstall using
> Nero's tool, get Vista up and running, (lots of luck) then once you
> do, reinstall Nero.
>
> http://www.nero.com/nero6/enu/Clean_Tools.html
>
> I had the same issue trying to get rid of version 6. It finally worked
> after repeated tries.

Man, I'm sure glad I subscribed to this newsgroup.
Nothing like reading about everybodies headaches.
All that I've read makes me feel very good about my purchase of an iMac.