Need Windows Vista deployment assistance

=?Utf-8?B?anN0b3Zlcg==?=

Need Windows Vista deployment assistance
I have to go through a rather complex process to install Vista Business
upgrade, and would like to know how to reach a Microsoft tech support person
for a no-cost, one-on-one, e-mail installation discussion, before I start the
install. I have purchased the Vista upgrade disk, but have not installed the
OS on my computer yet, so I cannot access the product ID to enter it into
Microsoft's professional tech support request Webform, so I can't use the
Webform. I have no problem with having the discussion on this newsgroup, if
I can get a Microsoft support person to respond here.
Seven

Re: Need Windows Vista deployment assistance
jstover <jstover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have to go through a rather complex process to install Vista Business
> upgrade, and would like to know how to reach a Microsoft tech support person
> for a no-cost, one-on-one, e-mail installation discussion, before I start the
> install. I have purchased the Vista upgrade disk, but have not installed the
> OS on my computer yet, so I cannot access the product ID to enter it into
> Microsoft's professional tech support request Webform, so I can't use the
> Webform. I have no problem with having the discussion on this newsgroup, if
> I can get a Microsoft support person to respond here.

good luck, many of them have been trying to install Vista as well, and
are now offline. MS should be sued for how crappy Vista is out of the
gate.
Maverick

Seven wrote:

> jstover <jstover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

>>I have to go through a rather complex process to install Vista Business
>>upgrade, and would like to know how to reach a Microsoft tech support person
>>for a no-cost, one-on-one, e-mail installation discussion, before I start the
>>install. I have purchased the Vista upgrade disk, but have not installed the
>>OS on my computer yet, so I cannot access the product ID to enter it into
>>Microsoft's professional tech support request Webform, so I can't use the
>>Webform. I have no problem with having the discussion on this newsgroup, if
>>I can get a Microsoft support person to respond here.

> good luck, many of them have been trying to install Vista as well, and
> are now offline. MS should be sued for how crappy Vista is out of the
> gate.

I find that the best policy is a refund. Let your wallet speak and
Microsoft will eventually listen.
Lang Murphy

Re: Need Windows Vista deployment assistance
Yeah, don't hold your breath waiting for a "...no-cost, one-on-one, email
installation discussion..." Unless, of course, you're willing to deal with a
Non-Microsoft tech support person, as many of the good folks in this and
other Vista NG's can be so ordained.

Lang