VISTA CRASHED AFTER BEING INSTALLED ON A X1600 PRO PC

=?Utf-8?B?Um9i?=

VISTA CRASHED AFTER BEING INSTALLED ON A X1600 PRO PC
I had Vista before thats all I want to start with.
After January it all changed after I reinstalled.

I've been trying Vista since December.
School gave me beta copy, also got other copies from the net etc. Worked fine.

Last week been trying to reinstall Vista again. I noticed it takes time and
long to get into each different screen (very weird didnt happen before). Then
after already installed and Welcome screen is going to show up. BOOM!! it
crashes reboots doesnt show me no error or nothing.

Then the screen comes saying something wrong happened etc and etc etc I go
into safe mode tells me windows cannot finish in safe mode, so I boot back
normal again. and happens again.

I put in the dvd and boot from it following the directions it told me to go
into repair.
Repair mode cannot find a solution. So I vew the detais of the error and
this is what it showed me

This is today with the Vista Retail DVD my school gave me a free copy but
gotta return it back and they're going to give me Vista for free but I don't
know if its Home Pro or what.

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: StartupREpairV2
Problem Signature 01: ExternalMedia
Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6000
Problem Signature 03: 0
04: 65537
05 Unknown
06 FailureDuringSetup
10 1168

After Vista has been installed it keeps rebooting and crashing itself when
its about to go to Welcome Screen (First run after being installed)

Ok.. i'm in a technical/technology school. We been testing Vista since
september. i started in december personally and all worked fine in my pc. But
since January everything has been different dont know why. We got the MSDN
dvd and it takes a long time to go from each screen to screen (partition, etc
etc). Same error happens.

I just got the Retail DVD and it went installed fast so I thought it was
going to work, but when it rebooted I already knew it wasnt going to work. SO
why am I having this prob? when it worked before..

P4 Prescott HT 3.0ghz
2x1gb ddr400 2x512mb ddr400
160GB WD + 20GB WD
Nec DVDRW
ASUS P4P800-E-Deluxe mobo
Sapphire Radeon X1600 PRO
f/fgeorge

Re: VISTA CRASHED AFTER BEING INSTALLED ON A X1600 PRO PC
On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 13:14:00 -0800, Rob <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I had Vista before thats all I want to start with.
>After January it all changed after I reinstalled.
>
>I've been trying Vista since December.
>School gave me beta copy, also got other copies from the net etc. Worked fine.
>
>Last week been trying to reinstall Vista again. I noticed it takes time and
>long to get into each different screen (very weird didnt happen before). Then
>after already installed and Welcome screen is going to show up. BOOM!! it
>crashes reboots doesnt show me no error or nothing.
>
>Then the screen comes saying something wrong happened etc and etc etc I go
>into safe mode tells me windows cannot finish in safe mode, so I boot back
>normal again. and happens again.
>
>I put in the dvd and boot from it following the directions it told me to go
>into repair.
>Repair mode cannot find a solution. So I vew the detais of the error and
>this is what it showed me
>
>This is today with the Vista Retail DVD my school gave me a free copy but
>gotta return it back and they're going to give me Vista for free but I don't
>know if its Home Pro or what.
>
>Problem Signature:
>Problem Event Name: StartupREpairV2
>Problem Signature 01: ExternalMedia
>Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6000
>Problem Signature 03: 0
>04: 65537
>05 Unknown
>06 FailureDuringSetup
>10 1168
>

>After Vista has been installed it keeps rebooting and crashing itself when
>its about to go to Welcome Screen (First run after being installed)
>
>Ok.. i'm in a technical/technology school. We been testing Vista since
>september. i started in december personally and all worked fine in my pc. But
>since January everything has been different dont know why. We got the MSDN
>dvd and it takes a long time to go from each screen to screen (partition, etc
>etc). Same error happens.
>
>I just got the Retail DVD and it went installed fast so I thought it was
>going to work, but when it rebooted I already knew it wasnt going to work. SO
>why am I having this prob? when it worked before..
>
>P4 Prescott HT 3.0ghz
>2x1gb ddr400 2x512mb ddr400
>160GB WD + 20GB WD
>Nec DVDRW
>ASUS P4P800-E-Deluxe mobo
>Sapphire Radeon X1600 PRO

ALL the drivers that were on the Beta disks are not o nthe released
disks. You are one of the very unlucky ones. Go to the IT people,
maybe they can fix it for you. Hope you have backups!!!!

=?Utf-8?B?Um9i?=

Re: VISTA CRASHED AFTER BEING INSTALLED ON A X1600 PRO PC
dude.. I have the Retail DVD too.. if it worked with beta why is not working
with the official stuff?

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 19:32:01 -0800, Rob <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>dude.. I have the Retail DVD too.. if it worked with beta why is not working
>with the official stuff?

explained!

=?Utf-8?B?Um9i?=

Re: VISTA CRASHED AFTER BEING INSTALLED ON A X1600 PRO PC
where's IT people at

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 07:32:00 -0800, Rob <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>where's IT people at

The same people that helped you test the Beta version. The people that
told you it would work? In your very first message you mentioned the
IT people.
Your problem pure and simple is drivers, MS included them i nthe Beta
versions and left them off in the retail version.
You are quite stuck without some real good technical help though.