Vista Installation freezes at Completing Installation stage.

=?Utf-8?B?QnJhaW4gQWNoZQ==?=

Vista Installation freezes at Completing Installation stage.
Have been trying for two days without success to install Vista Home Premium.
I'm trying to install it on a 3.4Ghz Dual Core machine with 3Gb of memory and
a terrabyte of storage. In my endeavours to install the new OS I've stripped
the machine down piece by piece to check for faulty or unsupported hardware.
About an hour ago I took the last possible piece of hardware out and tried
again. Still Nothing!

Any suggestions will be happily received.

At the moment I'm ready to chuck Vista in the bin..
Michelle Steiner

Re: Vista Installation freezes at Completing Installation stage.
Brain Ache <Brain Ache@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Have been trying for two days without success to install Vista Home Premium.
> I'm trying to install it on a 3.4Ghz Dual Core machine with 3Gb of memory and
> a terrabyte of storage. In my endeavours to install the new OS I've stripped
> the machine down piece by piece to check for faulty or unsupported hardware.
> About an hour ago I took the last possible piece of hardware out and tried
> again. Still Nothing!
>
> Any suggestions will be happily received.

You might want to try a Mac, these problem simply don't occur on a more
modern computer.

You can get them here:

http://www.apple.com/store
Rock

Re: Vista Installation freezes at Completing Installation stage.
"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote

> Brain Ache <Brain Ache@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> Have been trying for two days without success to install Vista Home
>> Premium.
>> I'm trying to install it on a 3.4Ghz Dual Core machine with 3Gb of memory
>> and
>> a terrabyte of storage. In my endeavours to install the new OS I've
>> stripped
>> the machine down piece by piece to check for faulty or unsupported
>> hardware.
>> About an hour ago I took the last possible piece of hardware out and
>> tried
>> again. Still Nothing!
>>
>> Any suggestions will be happily received.

> You might want to try a Mac, these problem simply don't occur on a more
> modern computer.
>
> You can get them here:
>
> http://www.apple.com/store

If you have no suggestions for the OP to help them install Vista then go
troll in a Mac newsgroup. You're nothing but a troll. It's pathetic,
really.

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

Rock

Re: Vista Installation freezes at Completing Installation stage.
"Brain Ache" <Brain Ache@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> Have been trying for two days without success to install Vista Home
> Premium.
> I'm trying to install it on a 3.4Ghz Dual Core machine with 3Gb of memory
> and
> a terrabyte of storage. In my endeavours to install the new OS I've
> stripped
> the machine down piece by piece to check for faulty or unsupported
> hardware.
> About an hour ago I took the last possible piece of hardware out and tried
> again. Still Nothing!
>
> Any suggestions will be happily received.
>
> At the moment I'm ready to chuck Vista in the bin..

Brian what's the computer configuration, what motherboard, what hard driver,
PATA or SATA, how are they configured, what video system, what drivers? How
are you doing the installation and where does it fail? Maybe if you provide
more details someone here will be familiar with the issue and offer some
suggestions.

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

look above, he clearly said:

"Any suggestions will be happily received"

I provide a high quality "suggestion", and you are upset about it? not
sure why.

Just trying to help!
=?Utf-8?B?RHlsYW5N?=

Re: Vista Installation freezes at Completing Installation stage.
I don't think you've advertised enough that you're a technologically inept
troll. Though I am amused by how you think your opinion actually matters...

Brain, I'f you've got a wireless B network adapter in your system uninstall
or remove it and see if that helps.

"Michelle Steiner" wrote:

> look above, he clearly said:
>
> "Any suggestions will be happily received"
>
> I provide a high quality "suggestion", and you are upset about it? not
> sure why.
>
> Just trying to help!

=?Utf-8?B?QnJhaW4gQWNoZQ==?=

RE: Vista Installation freezes at Completing Installation stage.
After a great deal of trial and error I managed to get Vista to install on my
machine. Sadly it was incredibly unstable and hung at every oportunity.

However I've managed to identify the hardware causing the problems.For
future reference avoid installing Vista on systems using a Foxconn 945GZ7MC
Motherboard and it's also a good idea to avoid the ATI Radeon X550 as it was
only barely able to cope even with it's own 512Mb of memory.

Well I'll wait till payday and get a new motherboard and video card. Any
suggestions?

Cheers

=?Utf-8?B?TWFmZg==?=

RE: Vista Installation freezes at Completing Installation stage.
It looks like a general Foxconn problem, I have a 945P7AA Foxconn motherboard
that did EXACTLY the same as you (froze every time at "completing
installation" and now freezes every minute or 2 within Vista)

I contacted the company that supplied it (as they still sell it, which I
don't think they should if it's only going to work with and old OS) and they
tested it and got the same result, they have contacted Foxconn China to try
to get it resolved, we're still waiting though!

"Brain Ache" wrote:

> After a great deal of trial and error I managed to get Vista to install on my
> machine. Sadly it was incredibly unstable and hung at every oportunity.
>
> However I've managed to identify the hardware causing the problems.For
> future reference avoid installing Vista on systems using a Foxconn 945GZ7MC
> Motherboard and it's also a good idea to avoid the ATI Radeon X550 as it was
> only barely able to cope even with it's own 512Mb of memory.
>
> Well I'll wait till payday and get a new motherboard and video card. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Cheers

=?Utf-8?B?TWFmZg==?=

RE: Vista Installation freezes at Completing Installation stage.
BRAIN ACHE - please get in touch with me
maff "at" mace-media.co.uk

I have some info that may be able to help you!

"Maff" wrote:

> It looks like a general Foxconn problem, I have a 945P7AA Foxconn motherboard
> that did EXACTLY the same as you (froze every time at "completing
> installation" and now freezes every minute or 2 within Vista)
>
> I contacted the company that supplied it (as they still sell it, which I
> don't think they should if it's only going to work with and old OS) and they
> tested it and got the same result, they have contacted Foxconn China to try
> to get it resolved, we're still waiting though!
>
> "Brain Ache" wrote:
>
> > After a great deal of trial and error I managed to get Vista to install on my
> > machine. Sadly it was incredibly unstable and hung at every oportunity.
> >
> > However I've managed to identify the hardware causing the problems.For
> > future reference avoid installing Vista on systems using a Foxconn 945GZ7MC
> > Motherboard and it's also a good idea to avoid the ATI Radeon X550 as it was
> > only barely able to cope even with it's own 512Mb of memory.
> >
> > Well I'll wait till payday and get a new motherboard and video card. Any
> > suggestions?
> >
> > Cheers

=?Utf-8?B?Q290dGlubGlwcA==?=

RE: Vista Installation freezes at Completing Installation stage.
I had the same problem. I was running with 4 GB RAM. Removed two and
installation finally completed. Now I can't get it to boot with more than 2
GB, but at least I got it runnning.