were is my hard drive

=?Utf-8?B?ZGVzcGVyYXRlIGRhdmU=?=

were is my hard drive
Failure to complete setup is very often because my hard drive seems to
dissappear and i get a message saying unable to locate media. On reboot the
hard drive as dissappeared out of the bios and i have to reset it. Why does
vista do this to the hard drive?
f/fgeorge

Re: were is my hard drive
On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 12:21:00 -0800, desperate dave <desperate
dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Failure to complete setup is very often because my hard drive seems to
>dissappear and i get a message saying unable to locate media. On reboot the
>hard drive as dissappeared out of the bios and i have to reset it. Why does
>vista do this to the hard drive?

Old machine, going bad drive, etc, etc, etc. Ton of thigns could be
wrong, including what I already said, and dying CMOS battery, if this
is a laptop a dying main battery would do it too.

=?Utf-8?B?Z2luZ2Vyc25ha2U=?=

Re: were is my hard drive
how come no probs in xp? The drive checks out fine when testing it. Sometimes
when vista crashes and wont start up again, Vista runs disc checker and it
finds many orphaned files. Sometimes bootmngr file is no good, very often
system32k.sys is no good. What do i do with £220 of useless software?

"f/fgeorge" wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 12:21:00 -0800, desperate dave <desperate
> dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Failure to complete setup is very often because my hard drive seems to
> >dissappear and i get a message saying unable to locate media. On reboot the
> >hard drive as dissappeared out of the bios and i have to reset it. Why does
> >vista do this to the hard drive?

> Old machine, going bad drive, etc, etc, etc. Ton of thigns could be
> wrong, including what I already said, and dying CMOS battery, if this
> is a laptop a dying main battery would do it too.

f/fgeorge

Re: were is my hard drive
On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 14:06:00 -0800, gingersnake
<gingersnake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>how come no probs in xp? The drive checks out fine when testing it. Sometimes
>when vista crashes and wont start up again, Vista runs disc checker and it
>finds many orphaned files. Sometimes bootmngr file is no good, very often
>system32k.sys is no good. What do i do with £220 of useless software?

New OS's offer new enhancements to everything. Very little actually
stays the same. You are caught in the newness of the program, give it
time and you might get your space back.
And you could always sell it to someone else.

>"f/fgeorge" wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 12:21:00 -0800, desperate dave <desperate
>> dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Failure to complete setup is very often because my hard drive seems to
>> >dissappear and i get a message saying unable to locate media. On reboot the
>> >hard drive as dissappeared out of the bios and i have to reset it. Why does
>> >vista do this to the hard drive?

>> Old machine, going bad drive, etc, etc, etc. Ton of thigns could be
>> wrong, including what I already said, and dying CMOS battery, if this
>> is a laptop a dying main battery would do it too.

=?Utf-8?B?Z2luZ2Vyc25ha2U=?=

Re: were is my hard drive
Thanks mate, new hard drive today and everything seems okay.