Dead in my tracks! After Vista64 Ultimate install

=?Utf-8?B?THN0cjhvcg==?=

Dead in my tracks! After Vista64 Ultimate install
System will not boot..period!
I installed Vista 64 Ultimate last night (not easily) but it finally went
through the process of install holding up at 90%...screen going black (no
curser) then the blue screen error of "this system has recovered from a
serious error blah blah.." then without touching anything Vista appears. It
starts, set my name, computer name, etc. So I continue and explore. Aero is
cool, it sees my sata drives, memory and all. I connect to Internet and
Vista tells me I have updates to install. I download and install and it tells
me I must restart. As I go to restart itjust dies. Black screen. Power still
on but nothing happening. I tried every which way to reboot with no luck. I
cannot get to safe mode, bios, anything. There is no signal. Power is on but
no one home.
I am dead in the water. I cannot get to a product ID to contact support (it
is different than the product key-which is 25 digits.)
I am lost. I don't know what to do next.
Thanks in advance for any support.

Clean install from XP64 Professional to Vista 64 Ultimate
Dual dual-core AMD Opteron 285 processsors
Supermicro H8DCE mobo
4 G RAM
Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX
WD Raptor 1500 150g hard drive.

BobS

Re: Dead in my tracks! After Vista64 Ultimate install
Pull plug, turn switch to off on Power Supply - wait one minute, plug power
back in, turn power switch on Power Supply

Now for the trick............

HOLD DOWN the DEL key while you press the Power On button on your system.

This "should" get you into the BIOS if I remember correctly ????

If not the correct steps - look in the manual on how to recover from a
glitched CMOS. Could be the battery died, could be a number of things but
it does sound like the CMOS got hit with a brick..........;-)

Above all - do not panic and don't toss it out the window - it may be me
passing by.....

Bob S.

"BobS" wrote:

> Pull plug, turn switch to off on Power Supply - wait one minute, plug power
> back in, turn power switch on Power Supply
>
> Now for the trick............
>
> HOLD DOWN the DEL key while you press the Power On button on your system.
>
> This "should" get you into the BIOS if I remember correctly ????
>
> If not the correct steps - look in the manual on how to recover from a
> glitched CMOS. Could be the battery died, could be a number of things but
> it does sound like the CMOS got hit with a brick..........;-)
>
> Above all - do not panic and don't toss it out the window - it may be me
> passing by.....
>
> Bob S.

Thanks Bob. It was was not pretty but I think you got me moving again. It
booted but now I have a hanging window that I am sure will "self-heal" with
patience.
Thanks for your help.
Don S.