Vista error message error 2739. could not access javascript

rowan_bridge@yahoo.com

Vista error message error 2739. could not access javascript
Hi all,
I just tried to install the Channel 4 on demand service 4oD on to my
laptop running Windows Vista Home Basic. All going fine until I get
this message during the install

error 2739. could not access javascript run
time for custom action

Is there something I can do to fix whatever it is that is causing
this?
Many thanks,
R.

iluvcatsk

RE: Vista error message error 2739. could not access javascript

I also have been having a problem with this. But mine is when I run the
maintenance update. Have you found a solution?

"rowan_bridge@yahoo.com" wrote:

> Hi all,
> I just tried to install the Channel 4 on demand service 4oD on to my
> laptop running Windows Vista Home Basic. All going fine until I get
> this message during the install
>
> error 2739. could not access javascript run
> time for custom action
>
> Is there something I can do to fix whatever it is that is causing
> this?
> Many thanks,
> R.

RobV

Re: Vista error message error 2739. could not access javascript

Try running the following with administrative access:

regsvr32 jscript.dll

This worked for me with this exact error.

Best Regards,
Rob

--
RobV
zognorp

Re: Vista error message error 2739. could not access javascript
How exactly do you "run" that?

"RobV" wrote:

> Try running the following with administrative access:
>
> regsvr32 jscript.dll
>
> This worked for me with this exact error.
>
> Best Regards,
> Rob
>

> --
> RobV

RobV

Re: Vista error message error 2739. could not access javascript

--
RobV
Dave

Re: Vista error message error 2739. could not access javascript
You have to "Run as Administrator" (Step 3)
Even if you are the Administrator, you need to elevate your privileges from
time to time. This is one of those times.

Windows Vista

1. On the Start menu, click All Programs.
2. Click Accessories.
3. Right-click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator from the
shortcut menu.
4. When the User Account Control dialog appears, click Continue.
5. At the command prompt type the following:
regsvr32 vbscript.dll
6. Press Enter on your keyboard.
7. A message should appear stating "DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll
succeeded."
8. Click OK

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"zognorp" <zognorp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How exactly do you "run" that?
>

> "RobV" wrote:
>

>> Try running the following with administrative access:
>>
>> regsvr32 jscript.dll
>>
>> This worked for me with this exact error.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Rob
>>

>> --
>> RobV

Das

Re: Vista error message error 2739. could not access javascript

I tried running the below dll in the command promt and this worked for
me.

regsvr32 jscript.dll

Thanks for the info.

Best Regards,
Das

--
Das
Das's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/das.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

RayMiale

Re: Vista error message error 2739. could not access javascript

Thank You Dave!!!

I have been battling this error for awhile on an HP Active Support
Library update. The HP tech finally dumped my chat after a 3 hour
session without fixing the problem. The last solution he/she came up
with was to restore my PC because I had a virus. Needless to say, I stay
updated on my A-V software and there was only one update in the last 6
months that wasn't working. When I questioned his/her solution the
session was dumped. Fortunatly, I was referred to this forum by HP (for
the registry scan) and saw your reply from 1/2/08.

Thank You Very Much. I can sleep better at night now knowing that there
is help out there. Too bad it's not from the vendors!!

Best Regards,

Ray

--
RayMiale