Error message - "Internet Explorer has stopped working"

HPM

Error message - "Internet Explorer has stopped working"
Upgraded from XP Professional to Vista Business and now:

1. Cannot connect to internet from clicking a link in any application, or
even hitting the "Web/Home"key on my MS keyboard
2. Cannot open IE from Start menu

In both cases, a Microsoft Windows error message appears saying:

"Internet Explorer has stopped working. A problem caused the program to
stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a
solution is available."

I am able to open and run IE by selecting "Run as Administrator" from IE in
the Quick Link toolbar, but immediately a User Account Control box opens a
box to see if I grant permission to open the program, which I do and then it
runs, but does not see my start up pages.

Very frustrating. Help would be really appreciated.
TIA

=?Utf-8?B?UmF0RG9j?=

RE: Error message - "Internet Explorer has stopped working"
This problem is being experienced by many. So far no solution provided. I
am awaiting Microsoft Tech Support to get back to me on this one.

"HPM" wrote:

> Upgraded from XP Professional to Vista Business and now:
>
> 1. Cannot connect to internet from clicking a link in any application, or
> even hitting the "Web/Home"key on my MS keyboard
> 2. Cannot open IE from Start menu
>
> In both cases, a Microsoft Windows error message appears saying:
>
> "Internet Explorer has stopped working. A problem caused the program to
> stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a
> solution is available."
>
> I am able to open and run IE by selecting "Run as Administrator" from IE in
> the Quick Link toolbar, but immediately a User Account Control box opens a
> box to see if I grant permission to open the program, which I do and then it
> runs, but does not see my start up pages.
>
> Very frustrating. Help would be really appreciated.
> TIA

=?Utf-8?B?UmF0RG9j?=

RE: Error message - "Internet Explorer has stopped working"
I found a workaround solution thnaks to Microsoft Escalation Tech Support.
Turn off User Account Control (In control panel, user
accounts...administrator). This worked for me. Good luck.

"HPM" wrote:

> Upgraded from XP Professional to Vista Business and now:
>
> 1. Cannot connect to internet from clicking a link in any application, or
> even hitting the "Web/Home"key on my MS keyboard
> 2. Cannot open IE from Start menu
>
> In both cases, a Microsoft Windows error message appears saying:
>
> "Internet Explorer has stopped working. A problem caused the program to
> stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a
> solution is available."
>
> I am able to open and run IE by selecting "Run as Administrator" from IE in
> the Quick Link toolbar, but immediately a User Account Control box opens a
> box to see if I grant permission to open the program, which I do and then it
> runs, but does not see my start up pages.
>
> Very frustrating. Help would be really appreciated.
> TIA

RoyTecH

Re: Error message - "Internet Explorer has stopped working"

Try to right click on the IE icon from the start menu and chose "Run as
Administrator".

It "bypasse's" the acount control.

Salutations

--