Vista and 4oD (Channel 4 on Demand) = error1920

rowan_bridge@yahoo.com

Vista and 4oD (Channel 4 on Demand) = error1920
As you were so helpful with my last query (thanks Rick) another one
that is perplexing me. I have just tried to install Channel4's on
demand service 4oD. You download it here http://www.channel4.com/4od/get4od/index.jsp
All fine, or it should be as it says the program is now Vista
compatible. But when I run the installer I get this message

error1920.Service KService (KService) failed to start. Verify you have
sufficient privelleges to start system services

Which I think means it wants me to verify that I am the administrator
for the computer. Now, this is my home laptop and no one else uses it.
I went into the control panel (I'm running Vista Home Basic) and it
tells me there I am and yes, I am the default administrator for the
computer. Is there something I should be doing to get 4oD to recognise
this fact? I'm running ZoneAlarm as well, but that doesn't seem to
have tried to stop access to it - at least not yet anyway.

Many thanks,
Rowan.

mannorak

Re: Vista and 4oD (Channel 4 on Demand) = error1920

Just download the installer, then right-click on the .exe file and
choose "run as administrator".

--
mannorak
rowan_bridge@yahoo.com

On 17 Sep, 13:04, mannorak <mannorak.2x2...@no-mx.forums.net> wrote:
> Just download the installer, then right-click on the .exe file and
> choose "run as administrator".
>
> --
> mannorak

Thanks for that. It indeed solved that problem, only to throw up a new
one! Now it is telling me "error 2739. could not access javascript run
time for custom action". Is there an obvious solution to this one?
Many thanks for your help,
R.

Ding

Vista & Channel 4oD Install Error fix for = error2738 & error 2739
Suspect this is a Vista problem, have successfully installed Chanel 4oD
following problems with Vista error codes 2738 & 2739, here's what work for
me:

First ensure you have downloaded the installation file onto your hard drive,
then selct the file, but right click on it and select: "run as administrator"
if running as administrator throws up either error 2738 or error 2739 or both
you need to do the following:

Now open the command prompt, you can get to it via:
Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command prompt
or
Just type "CMD" in the Search function at the bottom of the start menu
button prompt.

Once in the Command prompt you need to ensure that you are in the root 'C'
Drive and not in a sub directory such as your user area, the command prompt
should read something like "C:\>" and not "C:\Users\Name\ . . . . . . . .

to change to root "C" drive, type: "cd C:\" (assuming your root drive is
"C" may use other prefix, check this prior).

Command prompt should now read:
C:\>

To fix "error 2738 Could not access VBScript run time for custom action"
type the following:

regsvr32 vbscript.dll then press enter (return key) on your keyboard
(note the space in the typed command)

To fix "error 2739" javascript problem, type the following:

regsvr32 jscript.dll then press enter (return key) on your keyboard
(note the space in the typed command)

You may get some error messages up when carrying out the above command
prompts, ignore them, should still work ok.

You can now close the command prompt window and go ahead with installing
Channel 4 On Demand (run as administrator!)

If you've already tried installing 4oD and parts have installed you may get
a selection to remove parts installed, I would recommend that you remove all
components before trying to do a full installation of Channel 4 On Demand
program.

Hope this works?

Ding.
rhoswen

Re: Vista and 4oD (Channel 4 on Demand) = error1920

Hey, thanks so much for your know-how!! I had pretty much given up on
4od, and had decided that my computer was just a lost cause...!! Wahey!
Now it works!!

Thanks again, although it seems like quite a trivial matter, it makes a
difference, not least of all because the fact that it doesn't work
doesn't bother me anymore!!

Cheers, Rhoswen x

--
rhoswen
sougatapal

Re: Vista and 4oD (Channel 4 on Demand) = error1920

Hi , as my laptop is also getting this same problem , i tried ur
solution regarding To fix "error 2739" javascript problem. But strangely
as i am trying to into "C:\>" from "C:\Users\Name\ ..." by typing "cd
C:\", i am getting one deniel message which says , " cd C:\" is not
recognised as an internal or external command , operable programme or
batch file"...how to fix this error now , this error 2739. I cant
upgrade HPActive Health status file.

Kindly Help me....PLSS....

Regards ,

Sougata

--
sougatapal
Chuck Rosano

Fix 2739 Error
Sougata, i was having the same problem as you.Found this fix and was able to install without any problems.

To be able to execute this lines in VISTA

regsvr32 vbscript.dll
and
regsvr32 jscript.dll

you have to run cmd in adminstrator mode, just click the start button -> type cmd and right click, then choose execute as administrator.

This should fix your problem.
Tank