Gathering files all night but going nowhere

=?Utf-8?B?U29sb21vbiBOZXVoYXJkdA==?=

Gathering files all night but going nowhere
Like some other posts, my installation stops at 0% on Gathering Files and
will be in the same spot the next morning. Pleas help!
BobS

Re: Gathering files all night but going nowhere
Solomon,

Need much more info:

Which version of Vista - upgrade or full?
What is the hardware configuration? (motherboard, CPU, hard drive types
(EIDE, SATA)
Have you tried minimizing the system
Updated BIOS
What version of OS are you trying to upgrade?
Is your system connected to the internet during the install?

Any other problems noted? Read the newsgroup, call MS.

Bob S.

"Solomon Neuhardt" <Solomon Neuhardt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:ADE2421D-9B79-49DF-8525-5AA33C4FA83E@microsoft.com...
> Like some other posts, my installation stops at 0% on Gathering Files and
> will be in the same spot the next morning. Pleas help!

=?Utf-8?B?U29sb21vbiBOZXVoYXJkdA==?=

Re: Gathering files all night but going nowhere
Bob,

Thanks for the inquiry. I am doing an upgrade from Windows XP SP2 to Home
Premium. I have a Dell XPS 400 an I am not entirely sure what my system
configs are. I am not sure what you mean by "minimizing my system" for the
install. I shut down every program I could before I tried the install and
uninstalled my Antivirus program before running the install. I havent updated
my bios recently but I will do it right now. My system is connected to the
internet constantly by cable modem.

Solomon

"BobS" wrote:

> Solomon,
>
> Need much more info:
>
> Which version of Vista - upgrade or full?
> What is the hardware configuration? (motherboard, CPU, hard drive types
> (EIDE, SATA)
> Have you tried minimizing the system
> Updated BIOS
> What version of OS are you trying to upgrade?
> Is your system connected to the internet during the install?
>
> Any other problems noted? Read the newsgroup, call MS.
>
> Bob S.
>

> "Solomon Neuhardt" <Solomon Neuhardt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:ADE2421D-9B79-49DF-8525-5AA33C4FA83E@microsoft.com...
> > Like some other posts, my installation stops at 0% on Gathering Files and
> > will be in the same spot the next morning. Pleas help!

=?Utf-8?B?Uy5ILk0u?=

Re: Gathering files all night but going nowhere
Solomon Neuhardt,
I have a Xps 410 ( 1 1/2 months old) as well and it gets stuck on 21% in
gathering files. I called MS and was told as of right now the only way to
upgrade would be to do a clean install and still no guarantee that it will
work. So I decided to wait until they fix the problem and then upgrade later.
Hopefully its not 6 months down the road. lol

"Solomon Neuhardt" wrote:

> Bob,
>
> Thanks for the inquiry. I am doing an upgrade from Windows XP SP2 to Home
> Premium. I have a Dell XPS 400 an I am not entirely sure what my system
> configs are. I am not sure what you mean by "minimizing my system" for the
> install. I shut down every program I could before I tried the install and
> uninstalled my Antivirus program before running the install. I havent updated
> my bios recently but I will do it right now. My system is connected to the
> internet constantly by cable modem.
>
> Solomon
>
> "BobS" wrote:
>
> > Solomon,
> >
> > Need much more info:
> >
> > Which version of Vista - upgrade or full?
> > What is the hardware configuration? (motherboard, CPU, hard drive types
> > (EIDE, SATA)
> > Have you tried minimizing the system
> > Updated BIOS
> > What version of OS are you trying to upgrade?
> > Is your system connected to the internet during the install?
> >
> > Any other problems noted? Read the newsgroup, call MS.
> >
> > Bob S.
> >

> > "Solomon Neuhardt" <Solomon Neuhardt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:ADE2421D-9B79-49DF-8525-5AA33C4FA83E@microsoft.com...
> > > Like some other posts, my installation stops at 0% on Gathering Files and
> > > will be in the same spot the next morning. Pleas help!

=?Utf-8?B?U29sb21vbiBOZXVoYXJkdA==?=

Re: Gathering files all night but going nowhere
Great. Feel free to let me know if you get an update. Thanks!