Setup Stops at Product Key page

=?Utf-8?B?cG9wa29ybg==?=

Setup Stops at Product Key page
Ok so i put in the Vista Home premium update on my brand new computer that
even has a Vista Capable logo on it and I get to the second page after the
internet update section and it asks for my product key after enetering my key
I click next and it hangs and goes no farther. If i decide to skip entering
my key it allows me to select which version of vista i bought and after I
choose and select next it hangs and I have to ctrl+alt+del out and end
program (not responding) Windows advisor says I can install and I decided to
call Microsoft support and they had no idea how to help me after 3 hours on
the phone I just hung up on them because the support lady was about as smart
with computers as she probably was at speaking the english language... DAMN
YOU BILL GATES!!!! has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix this
issue..... Yes I have tried safe mode... same issue....
=?Utf-8?B?Tm93Vm95YWdlcg==?=

RE: Setup Stops at Product Key page
We bought a new HP Pavillion this evening, the selling point being the
smaller tower and Vista ... I was hesitant but my husband wasn't. Installed
the innocent looking MS "Upgrade you Windows Vista Experience" CD ..... That
was about 11:30 p.m. EST ...... Found the product key (would it really hurt
anyone to print them just a wee bit larger????) on the side of the
tower........ Everything was moving right alone ....... Now it's entered it
'I'll take my own sweet time', phase..... (It's 2:56 a.m.) .. It says it's
"completing Upgrade" ....... This could take several hours ..........

Ahem ......... Had I know it would take "several hours" I'd have done it
adter I woke up tomorrow morning (Which is now, this morning......)

A little sticker on the CD case would've been swell ........ A warning, a
suggestion, that's all I ask .......... I'm not big on change ........ I'm a
creature of habit .....

During the initial 'upgrade / installation' it warned me my system would
restart several times during the process ..........

I'm afraid to go to bed in case something happens (like my being half awake
and fueled with oolong tea is going to make things better..........)

Is this 'several hours' installation thing, a portend of things to come with
Vista???

Foolish me I just assumed that once I set this new system up, Vista was
already installed .......... Deep sigh ..... Please let Vista be worth my
losing a nights' sleep .......... LOL Because I get a bit frachetty when I
don't enough sleep ...........

"popkorn" wrote:

> Ok so i put in the Vista Home premium update on my brand new computer that
> even has a Vista Capable logo on it and I get to the second page after the
> internet update section and it asks for my product key after enetering my key
> I click next and it hangs and goes no farther. If i decide to skip entering
> my key it allows me to select which version of vista i bought and after I
> choose and select next it hangs and I have to ctrl+alt+del out and end
> program (not responding) Windows advisor says I can install and I decided to
> call Microsoft support and they had no idea how to help me after 3 hours on
> the phone I just hung up on them because the support lady was about as smart
> with computers as she probably was at speaking the english language... DAMN
> YOU BILL GATES!!!! has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix this
> issue..... Yes I have tried safe mode... same issue....

Nytech

RE: Setup Stops at Product Key page
I'n currently having the same problem.
I have updated the bios
I have installed the latest drivers.
I have disabled my antivirus and its still goes hangs after I enter the
Product Key.

Someone said to disconnect all the usb devices , and to remove the sound card.

Hope this help you out buddy.

Hit me back if you get some helpful info