installation screen not coming up

=?Utf-8?B?bGluZGE=?=

installation screen not coming up
I am trying to install windows vista, but when I put in the cd nothing
happens, I am trying to upgrade from windows xp. Can someone please help me,
I called the support line and they said my computer needs to be reconfigured
or something for it to read it, so how do I do that? It is a Dell c521.

linda
Wegie

Re: installation screen not coming up
linda <linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am trying to install windows vista, but when I put in the cd nothing
> happens, I am trying to upgrade from windows xp. Can someone please help me,
> I called the support line and they said my computer needs to be reconfigured
> or something for it to read it, so how do I do that? It is a Dell c521.

get a mac, that will fix problems like that forever.

http://www.apple.com/imac/

--
..
Rock

Re: installation screen not coming up
"linda" <linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>I am trying to install windows vista, but when I put in the cd nothing
> happens, I am trying to upgrade from windows xp. Can someone please help
> me,
> I called the support line and they said my computer needs to be
> reconfigured
> or something for it to read it, so how do I do that? It is a Dell c521.

1. What version of XP is installed on the computer and what version of
Vista are you trying to install?

2. Vista comes on one DVD or 5 CD's. Which do you have?

3. If it's the single DVD you have to have a DVD drive. Do you have a DVD
drive? If there is a DVD drive does it work?

Answer those questions to start with.

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

"Rock" <rock@nospam.net> wrote:

> >I am trying to install windows vista, but when I put in the cd nothing
> > happens, I am trying to upgrade from windows xp. Can someone please help
> > me,
> > I called the support line and they said my computer needs to be
> > reconfigured
> > or something for it to read it, so how do I do that? It is a Dell c521.

> 1. What version of XP is installed on the computer and what version of
> Vista are you trying to install?

why would it matter? On OSX, you install whatever version on top of
whatever version and it always works. Apple did the hard work for you,
MS was lazy and didn't do their homework on making various versions "of
their own software" work together... how embarrassing!

--
..
Rock

Re: installation screen not coming up
"Wegie" <here@northere.com> wrote

> "Rock" <rock@nospam.net> wrote:
>
>> >I am trying to install windows vista, but when I put in the cd nothing
>> > happens, I am trying to upgrade from windows xp. Can someone please
>> > help
>> > me,
>> > I called the support line and they said my computer needs to be
>> > reconfigured
>> > or something for it to read it, so how do I do that? It is a Dell
>> > c521.

>> 1. What version of XP is installed on the computer and what version of
>> Vista are you trying to install?

> why would it matter? On OSX, you install whatever version on top of
> whatever version and it always works. Apple did the hard work for you,
> MS was lazy and didn't do their homework on making various versions "of
> their own software" work together... how embarrassing!

Why don't you go troll in a Mac newsgroup? If you having nothing to offer
to help posters with their Vista problems then go elsewhere. This is the
one and only time I will reply to you. You are nothing but a troll pursuing
your own agenda. It's pathetic, really.

"Rock" <rock@nospam.net> wrote:

> > why would it matter? On OSX, you install whatever version on top of
> > whatever version and it always works. Apple did the hard work for you,
> > MS was lazy and didn't do their homework on making various versions "of
> > their own software" work together... how embarrassing!

> Why don't you go troll in a Mac newsgroup? If you having nothing to offer
> to help posters with their Vista problems then go elsewhere. This is the
> one and only time I will reply to you. You are nothing but a troll pursuing
> your own agenda. It's pathetic, really.

gosh, just trying to help.

i provided the very best solution for this person, so if you don't want
the best answer, go away.

--
..