Get a Mac!

Wegie

Get a Mac!
gosh, reading through these errors with Vista is truly sad.

everyone who reads this, do yourself AND your family a FAVOR

get a Mac....

they are much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
much, much...... easier to deal with... none of these issues in this
usenet group are problems on Macs... Apple really has built a superior
computing system, so get on with life and GET A MAC!

http://www.apple.com/hardware/

http://www.apple.com/software/

a real time Mac price tracker is here:

http://www.pcprices.net/

--
..
Donna Buenaventura

Re: Get a Mac!
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sho...313#post319313

"Wegie" <here@northere.com> wrote in message
> gosh, reading through these errors with Vista is truly sad.
>
> everyone who reads this, do yourself AND your family a FAVOR
>
> get a Mac....
>
> they are much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
> much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
> much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
> much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
> much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
> much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
> much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
> much, much...... easier to deal with... none of these issues in this
> usenet group are problems on Macs... Apple really has built a superior
> computing system, so get on with life and GET A MAC!
>
> http://www.apple.com/hardware/
>
> http://www.apple.com/software/
>
> a real time Mac price tracker is here:
>
> http://www.pcprices.net/
>
> --
> .

Robert Moir

Re: Get a Mac!
Wegie wrote:
> gosh, reading through these errors with Vista is truly sad.
>
> everyone who reads this, do yourself AND your family a FAVOR
>
> get a Mac....

As much as I personally like my Mac laptop and wouldn't swap it for the
world, I remember a fair few tales of upgrade woe when Panther was released
and again when Tiger was released from people who had odd hardware issues. I
recall bugs that had to wait for a patch in order to fix up properly, and I
recall people saying they would not or could not upgrade because of this
issue or that problem.

I very definately think people considering a new computer at the moment
should consider a Mac because there really has never been a better time to
switch, but if you want to claim the Mac and OS X are perfect then you need
to get your head out of your backside I'm afraid.

All hardware sucks and all software sucks. Just a question of degree and how
much it effects you personally.

--
Robert Moir
http://www.rhymeswithgeek.com

Wegie

Re: Get a Mac!
"Robert Moir" <robspamtrap@gmail.com> wrote:

> As much as I personally like my Mac laptop and wouldn't swap it for the
> world, I remember a fair few tales of upgrade woe when Panther was released
> and again when Tiger was released from people who had odd hardware issues. I
> recall bugs that had to wait for a patch in order to fix up properly, and I
> recall people saying they would not or could not upgrade because of this
> issue or that problem.
>
> I very definately think people considering a new computer at the moment
> should consider a Mac because there really has never been a better time to
> switch, but if you want to claim the Mac and OS X are perfect then you need
> to get your head out of your backside I'm afraid.
>
> All hardware sucks and all software sucks. Just a question of degree and how
> much it effects you personally.

yes, but that was nearly 4 years ago. There are no problems currently
with OSX... that's my point. I just hate to see people suffer with
Windows when there is a MUCH better system available that runs ALL
software. (Mac/Windows/Linux) Why people are still using Windows alone
is just poor education of some people still out there.

--
..
Wegie

Re: Get a Mac!
"Donna Buenaventura" <dbuenaventura@mvps.org> wrote:

> http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sho...313#post319313

great you found "1" error.. and it wasn't even related to the OS!

thanks for proving my point.

--
..
AJR

Re: Get a Mac!
I think that whatever brand someone starts out with - they stay with it and
extol it's virtues.
Back in the"old" days Apple shot itself in the foot via "no backward comp
between the Apple, Apple IIc, etc (same with Commodore, Texas Instruments,
Franklin, etc.) - keyboard and monitor were not included - priced extra.

We had the "PC clones" and at first Apple clones by Franklin - who Apple
went at with a vengeance - PCs were available in Mom and Pop and "discount"
stores - Apple withdrew from all such sales outlets (in fact read a CompUSA
ad and somewhere in fine print it will state "Apple authorized reseller)

Had the opportunity several years ago of "playing" with my grandsons' Mac -
very disappointed when I found out (too late) that moving "shortcuts" to the
trash deleted the program they represented - I understand that has been
corrected.

Oh well - you take a bite of your apple and I'll play with my Windows Vista
PC.

> "Robert Moir" <robspamtrap@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> As much as I personally like my Mac laptop and wouldn't swap it for the
>> world, I remember a fair few tales of upgrade woe when Panther was
>> released
>> and again when Tiger was released from people who had odd hardware
>> issues. I
>> recall bugs that had to wait for a patch in order to fix up properly, and
>> recall people saying they would not or could not upgrade because of this
>> issue or that problem.
>>
>> I very definately think people considering a new computer at the moment
>> should consider a Mac because there really has never been a better time
>> switch, but if you want to claim the Mac and OS X are perfect then you
>> need
>> to get your head out of your backside I'm afraid.
>>
>> All hardware sucks and all software sucks. Just a question of degree and
>> how
>> much it effects you personally.

> yes, but that was nearly 4 years ago. There are no problems currently
> with OSX... that's my point. I just hate to see people suffer with
> Windows when there is a MUCH better system available that runs ALL
> software. (Mac/Windows/Linux) Why people are still using Windows alone
> is just poor education of some people still out there.
>
> --
> .

Robert Moir

Re: Get a Mac!
Wegie wrote:

> yes, but that was nearly 4 years ago. There are no problems currently
> with OSX... that's my point.

That's because everyone who was going to upgrade to Tiger has already done
so (and I think you mean "about 18 months ago", not "nearly 4 years ago").
With the release of Leopard just round the corner we'll see Mac users
struggling with upgrades.

> I just hate to see people suffer with
> Windows when there is a MUCH better system available that runs ALL
> software. (Mac/Windows/Linux) Why people are still using Windows alone
> is just poor education of some people still out there.

As I said in my previous post, there has _never_ been a better time to try a
Mac. I find OS X to be a much better product than Windows Vista at the
moment, and I can only assume the next version of OS X will improve on this.

Anyone who believes nonsense about it never having problems is, however,
going to be disappointed.

Wegie wrote:
> "Donna Buenaventura" <dbuenaventura@mvps.org> wrote:
>
>> http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sho...313#post319313

> great you found "1" error.. and it wasn't even related to the OS!
>
> thanks for proving my point.

Many of the problems in this forum are not 'even related to the OS!" You
can't have it both ways.

Diamontina Cocktail

Re: Get a Mac!
Sorry b ut untrue. They are less reliable (the OS) than XPSP2 is actually.
They cost more, are slower and there are not as many programs written for
it. They can crash and you can continue typing a document without it telling
you that until you manually choose to save and realise the lot is lost.

All in all, what Mac has is "I wanna be different to the rest of you" and I
have been there and done that with Amigas which did what Macs could do 3
years before Macs could do it. I found out that I was spending more when PCs
were doing it.

However, please do keep playing in the wading pond. I will continue to make
splashes in the deep end of the pool.

"Wegie" <here@northere.com> wrote in message
> gosh, reading through these errors with Vista is truly sad.
>
> everyone who reads this, do yourself AND your family a FAVOR
>
> get a Mac....
>
> they are much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
> much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
> much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
> much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
> much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
> much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
> much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,
> much, much...... easier to deal with... none of these issues in this
> usenet group are problems on Macs... Apple really has built a superior
> computing system, so get on with life and GET A MAC!
>
> http://www.apple.com/hardware/
>
> http://www.apple.com/software/
>
> a real time Mac price tracker is here:
>
> http://www.pcprices.net/
>
> --
> .

Diamontina Cocktail

Re: Get a Mac!
You ought to look at Security web pages (computer security) to see that Macs
have more problems than you think.