KMS License - Activation Problem

=?Utf-8?B?UGFkdV9JbmRpYQ==?=

KMS License - Activation Problem
Hi all,

Our company bought a 25 user license for Windows Vista Business edition. We
were able to install the software in 12 computers without any issues. When we
started activating Vista, the first 6 computers went through fine. From the
7th system on, we started getting the message, "Your Windows Product Key is
currently in use", and it is asking me to enter a new licencse key etc etc.

Has anyone else faced a similar situation? The software was purchased from
a vendor listed in the Microsoft website. The media kit and the License
appear very genuine. Also the license clearly specifies 25 users. I have
raised an issue with Microsoft and they asked me to send them the scan of the
licenses, Media, & Invoice, which I did. I am still waiting for their
response.

I would also like to know what this KMS stands for...

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Padmanabhan P.
Jane C

Re: KMS License - Activation Problem
Did you set up a KMS server to activate the pcs against? KMS keys have to
be activated using a KMS server machine. It requires a minimum number of 25
pcs before the server can activate them.
KMS = Key Management Server

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/win...an/volact.mspx

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
"Padu_India" <Padu_India@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Our company bought a 25 user license for Windows Vista Business edition.
> We
> were able to install the software in 12 computers without any issues. When
> we
> started activating Vista, the first 6 computers went through fine. From
> the
> 7th system on, we started getting the message, "Your Windows Product Key
> is
> currently in use", and it is asking me to enter a new licencse key etc
> etc.
>
> Has anyone else faced a similar situation? The software was purchased
> from
> a vendor listed in the Microsoft website. The media kit and the License
> appear very genuine. Also the license clearly specifies 25 users. I have
> raised an issue with Microsoft and they asked me to send them the scan of
> the
> licenses, Media, & Invoice, which I did. I am still waiting for their
> response.
>
> I would also like to know what this KMS stands for...
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Padmanabhan P.

=?Utf-8?B?UGFkdV9JbmRpYQ==?=

Re: KMS License - Activation Problem
Thanks for the response. I was not aware of the KMS server requirement. I
will go through the link and try it again.

Regards
Padu.