Can't install vista. Error in the rebooting process.

=?Utf-8?B?SmV0a3U=?=

Can't install vista. Error in the rebooting process.
I begin to install vista, and it is proceeding well, then when it tries to
reboot the computer, it gives me an error message saying the computer could
not restart, and to exit the installation

any ideas?
=?Utf-8?B?VmlubnlI?=

RE: Can't install vista. Error in the rebooting process.

"Jetku" wrote:

> I begin to install vista, and it is proceeding well, then when it tries to
> reboot the computer, it gives me an error message saying the computer could
> not restart, and to exit the installation
>
> any ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?VmlubnlI?=

RE: Can't install vista. Error in the rebooting process.
I have the same problem going from XP to the Home Premium upgrade. It stops
after gathering files and he message says it can't reboot.

I've uninstalled and prepared everything according to the Advisor
application. I hope we can get an answer soon to proceed.

Thank You,
VinnyH

"Jetku" wrote:

> I begin to install vista, and it is proceeding well, then when it tries to
> reboot the computer, it gives me an error message saying the computer could
> not restart, and to exit the installation
>
> any ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?TWFya0I=?=

RE: Can't install vista. Error in the rebooting process.
I, too, have the same problem, i am trying to install Vista Ultimate over XP
Pro SP2.

PLEASE reply MS.

"VinnyH" wrote:

> I have the same problem going from XP to the Home Premium upgrade. It stops
> after gathering files and he message says it can't reboot.
>
> I've uninstalled and prepared everything according to the Advisor
> application. I hope we can get an answer soon to proceed.
>
> Thank You,
> VinnyH
>
> "Jetku" wrote:
>
> > I begin to install vista, and it is proceeding well, then when it tries to
> > reboot the computer, it gives me an error message saying the computer could
> > not restart, and to exit the installation
> >
> > any ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?VmlubnlI?=

RE: Can't install vista. Error in the rebooting process.
I returned my Vista Premium to Dell upgrade for a refund. It may be a while
before all the bugs are out of Vista. The Windows telephone support admitted
they couldn't get it to work for me.

Best to All,
VinnyH

"MarkB" wrote:

> I, too, have the same problem, i am trying to install Vista Ultimate over XP
> Pro SP2.
>
> PLEASE reply MS.
>
> "VinnyH" wrote:
>
> > I have the same problem going from XP to the Home Premium upgrade. It stops
> > after gathering files and he message says it can't reboot.
> >
> > I've uninstalled and prepared everything according to the Advisor
> > application. I hope we can get an answer soon to proceed.
> >
> > Thank You,
> > VinnyH
> >
> > "Jetku" wrote:
> >
> > > I begin to install vista, and it is proceeding well, then when it tries to
> > > reboot the computer, it gives me an error message saying the computer could
> > > not restart, and to exit the installation
> > >
> > > any ideas?

John Barnes

Re: Can't install vista. Error in the rebooting process.
This site in not monitored by Microsoft. Some employees may visit the site
on their own time to monitor certain items applicable to their areas, but
this is NOT a site to contact Microsoft with your problems. Call your
computer tech support if it is OEM or Microsoft support if it is Retail.

"MarkB" <MarkB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I, too, have the same problem, i am trying to install Vista Ultimate over
> XP
> Pro SP2.
>
> PLEASE reply MS.
>
> "VinnyH" wrote:
>
>> I have the same problem going from XP to the Home Premium upgrade. It
>> stops
>> after gathering files and he message says it can't reboot.
>>
>> I've uninstalled and prepared everything according to the Advisor
>> application. I hope we can get an answer soon to proceed.
>>
>> Thank You,
>> VinnyH
>>
>> "Jetku" wrote:
>>
>> > I begin to install vista, and it is proceeding well, then when it tries
>> > reboot the computer, it gives me an error message saying the computer
>> > could
>> > not restart, and to exit the installation
>> >
>> > any ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?TGlib3IgVC4=?=

RE: Can't install vista. Error in the rebooting process.
Hi,
I have got same problem when I upgrade from XP Pro to Vista Business. Do you
have solution?

Libor

"MarkB" wrote:

> I, too, have the same problem, i am trying to install Vista Ultimate over XP
> Pro SP2.
>
> PLEASE reply MS.
>
> "VinnyH" wrote:
>
> > I have the same problem going from XP to the Home Premium upgrade. It stops
> > after gathering files and he message says it can't reboot.
> >
> > I've uninstalled and prepared everything according to the Advisor
> > application. I hope we can get an answer soon to proceed.
> >
> > Thank You,
> > VinnyH
> >
> > "Jetku" wrote:
> >
> > > I begin to install vista, and it is proceeding well, then when it tries to
> > > reboot the computer, it gives me an error message saying the computer could
> > > not restart, and to exit the installation
> > >
> > > any ideas?

Adam Smith

Re: Can't install vista. Error in the rebooting process.

On 22-Mar-2007, =?Utf-8?B?TGlib3IgVC4=?= <LiborT@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I have got same problem when I upgrade from XP Pro to Vista Business. Do
> you
> have solution?
>
> Libor
>

> "MarkB" wrote:
>
> > I, too, have the same problem, i am trying to install Vista Ultimate
> > over XP
> > Pro SP2.
> >
> > PLEASE reply MS.
> >
> > "VinnyH" wrote:
> >
> > > I have the same problem going from XP to the Home Premium upgrade. It
> > > stops
> > > after gathering files and he message says it can't reboot.
> > >
> > > I've uninstalled and prepared everything according to the Advisor
> > > application. I hope we can get an answer soon to proceed.
> > >
> > > Thank You,
> > > VinnyH

It happened to me. Expanded files to 21% and then up came a box " can't
reboot etc ".
A search through Google didn't provide any solution that worked.

To overcome the problem I reformated the drive and installed the original XP
using the Restore Disk that came with the laptop.
I removed a couple of programs that I knew Vista didn't like and . voila ,
the Vista instal ran perfectly.

It's been a bit of a drag putting the lost data back on but I'm glad I took
the plunge to reformat.