Vista bootmanager confuses my LCD monitor

Don

Vista bootmanager confuses my LCD monitor
I just finished installing Vista on a multiboot machine, and everything
seems fine
except that the boot menu (which I think is supposed to let me choose which
OS
to boot) overdrives my LCD monitor at 87Hz vertical scan rate so the monitor
blanks itself for the first 30 seconds until Vista autoboots or until I hit
Enter. I
can't see any of the menu choices.

Any ideas how to work around this? Is this a known problem?

Thanks.

John Barnes

Re: Vista bootmanager confuses my LCD monitor
The boot manager doesn't drive your monitor. Your video card does. Check
settings in it. Install new drivers, etc.

"Don" <dd195703@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just finished installing Vista on a multiboot machine, and everything
>seems fine
> except that the boot menu (which I think is supposed to let me choose
> which OS
> to boot) overdrives my LCD monitor at 87Hz vertical scan rate so the
> monitor
> blanks itself for the first 30 seconds until Vista autoboots or until I
> hit Enter. I
> can't see any of the menu choices.
>
> Any ideas how to work around this? Is this a known problem?
>
> Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?Q3liZXJNYW5fKE1DRFNUISk=?=

Re: Vista bootmanager confuses my LCD monitor
I too am having this issue...

Does any one know how to fix this...

See Post

INVISIBLE BOOT MENU...

many thanks

"John Barnes" wrote:

> The boot manager doesn't drive your monitor. Your video card does. Check
> settings in it. Install new drivers, etc.
>
> "Don" <dd195703@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I just finished installing Vista on a multiboot machine, and everything
> >seems fine
> > except that the boot menu (which I think is supposed to let me choose
> > which OS
> > to boot) overdrives my LCD monitor at 87Hz vertical scan rate so the
> > monitor
> > blanks itself for the first 30 seconds until Vista autoboots or until I
> > hit Enter. I
> > can't see any of the menu choices.
> >
> > Any ideas how to work around this? Is this a known problem?
> >
> > Thanks.

mikeyhsd

Re: Vista bootmanager confuses my LCD monitor
have you tried setting the BIOS to use a different video style as default.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.commikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"John Barnes" wrote:

> The boot manager doesn't drive your monitor. Your video card does. Check
> settings in it. Install new drivers, etc.
>
> "Don" <dd195703@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I just finished installing Vista on a multiboot machine, and everything
> >seems fine
> > except that the boot menu (which I think is supposed to let me choose
> > which OS
> > to boot) overdrives my LCD monitor at 87Hz vertical scan rate so the
> > monitor
> > blanks itself for the first 30 seconds until Vista autoboots or until I
> > hit Enter. I
> > can't see any of the menu choices.
> >
> > Any ideas how to work around this? Is this a known problem?
> >
> > Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?Q3liZXJNYW5fKE1DRFNUISk=?=

Re: Vista bootmanager confuses my LCD monitor
I am unsure what you are getting at?

Do you mean like PCI v AGP?

I was unaware there were preferences of the type you describe...

Could I get a "for example"?

Many thanks.

"mikeyhsd" wrote:

> have you tried setting the BIOS to use a different video style as default.
>
> mikeyhsd@sport.rr.commikeyhsd@sport.rr.com
>
> "CyberMan_(MCDST!)" <CyberManMCDST@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message newsE239755-C283-4A7A-A186-9B286B96A556@microsoft.com...
> I too am having this issue...
>
> Does any one know how to fix this...
>
> See Post
>
> INVISIBLE BOOT MENU...
>
> many thanks
>

> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
> > The boot manager doesn't drive your monitor. Your video card does. Check
> > settings in it. Install new drivers, etc.
> >
> > "Don" <dd195703@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >I just finished installing Vista on a multiboot machine, and everything
> > >seems fine
> > > except that the boot menu (which I think is supposed to let me choose
> > > which OS
> > > to boot) overdrives my LCD monitor at 87Hz vertical scan rate so the
> > > monitor
> > > blanks itself for the first 30 seconds until Vista autoboots or until I
> > > hit Enter. I
> > > can't see any of the menu choices.
> > >
> > > Any ideas how to work around this? Is this a known problem?
> > >
> > > Thanks.

Dave Griffiths

Re: Vista bootmanager confuses my LCD monitor
Yeah, I'm having the same problems too .. Anybody fixed it yet or
found a work around ?
On 13 Feb, 11:18, CyberMan_(MCDST!)
<CyberManMC...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I too am having this issue...
>
> Does any one know how to fix this...
>
> See Post
>
> INVISIBLE BOOT MENU...
>
> many thanks
>

> "John Barnes" wrote:
> > Theboot managerdoesn't drive yourmonitor. Your video card does. Check
> > settings in it. Install new drivers, etc.

> > "Don" <dd195...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >I just finished installingVistaon a multiboot machine, and everything
> > >seems fine
> > > except that the boot menu (which I think is supposed to let me choose
> > > which OS
> > > to boot) overdrives myLCDmonitorat 87Hz vertical scan rate so the
> > >monitor
> > > blanks itself for the first 30 seconds untilVistaautoboots or until I
> > > hit Enter. I
> > > can't see any of the menu choices.

> > > Any ideas how to work around this? Is this a known problem?

> > > Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Donald L McDaniel

Re: Vista bootmanager confuses my LCD monitor
On 27 Feb 2007 04:48:30 -0800, "Dave Griffiths"
<dave.griffiths@gmail.com> wrote:

>Yeah, I'm having the same problems too .. Anybody fixed it yet or
>found a work around ?
>On 13 Feb, 11:18, CyberMan_(MCDST!)
><CyberManMC...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> I too am having this issue...
>>
>> Does any one know how to fix this...
>>
>> See Post
>>
>> INVISIBLE BOOT MENU...
>>
>> many thanks
>>

>> "John Barnes" wrote:
>> > Theboot managerdoesn't drive yourmonitor. Your video card does. Check
>> > settings in it. Install new drivers, etc.

>> > "Don" <dd195...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

You might try setting the automatic booting time to 60 seconds or higher,
rather than the default 30 seconds?
I've had no such problems with my installation.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread and newsgroup