Can't install Adobe reader 8

bob b

Can't install Adobe reader 8
I tried to install the new reader from Adobe both by downloading it to a
folder on my HD and just running it from their download site.

Both ways at the end I get a Windows Installer error that says "The Temp
folder on a drive is full or is inaccessible. Free up space on the drive or
verify that you have write permission on the Temp folder"

I need to be able to read pdf files as soon as possible. Can someone provide
any information?

Thanks in advance. Bob.

Gary Mount

Re: Can't install Adobe reader 8
Open the folder that the download went to then select the file and run it,
instead of running it directly from downloading it.

"bob b" <removebbrazie@knowledge1.com> wrote in message
>I tried to install the new reader from Adobe both by downloading it to a
>folder on my HD and just running it from their download site.
>
> Both ways at the end I get a Windows Installer error that says "The Temp
> folder on a drive is full or is inaccessible. Free up space on the drive
> or verify that you have write permission on the Temp folder"
>
> I need to be able to read pdf files as soon as possible. Can someone
> provide any information?
>
> Thanks in advance. Bob.

bjr

Re: Can't install Adobe reader 8
Try right clicking on the executable and running it as an administrator;
better yet, try Foxit, lighter and does the same thing for PDFs

bob b wrote:
> I tried to install the new reader from Adobe both by downloading it to a
> folder on my HD and just running it from their download site.
>
> Both ways at the end I get a Windows Installer error that says "The Temp
> folder on a drive is full or is inaccessible. Free up space on the drive
> or verify that you have write permission on the Temp folder"
>
> I need to be able to read pdf files as soon as possible. Can someone
> provide any information?
>
> Thanks in advance. Bob.

bob b

Re: Can't install Adobe reader 8
As I said I tried it both ways. On my machine after downloading it and from
their site.

"Gary Mount" <gary_mount@telus.net> wrote in message
news4C082E0-F535-4797-ABC3-6AA3895DD213@microsoft.com...
> Open the folder that the download went to then select the file and run it,
> instead of running it directly from downloading it.
>

> "bob b" <removebbrazie@knowledge1.com> wrote in message
>>I tried to install the new reader from Adobe both by downloading it to a
>>folder on my HD and just running it from their download site.
>>
>> Both ways at the end I get a Windows Installer error that says "The Temp
>> folder on a drive is full or is inaccessible. Free up space on the drive
>> or verify that you have write permission on the Temp folder"
>>
>> I need to be able to read pdf files as soon as possible. Can someone
>> provide any information?
>>
>> Thanks in advance. Bob.

bob b

Re: Can't install Adobe reader 8
The "run as administrator" worked. So much to learn in such a short time.
<g>

Thanks for the help.

"bjr" <bj-nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Try right clicking on the executable and running it as an administrator;
> better yet, try Foxit, lighter and does the same thing for PDFs
>
> bob b wrote:
>> I tried to install the new reader from Adobe both by downloading it to a
>> folder on my HD and just running it from their download site.
>>
>> Both ways at the end I get a Windows Installer error that says "The Temp
>> folder on a drive is full or is inaccessible. Free up space on the drive
>> or verify that you have write permission on the Temp folder"
>>
>> I need to be able to read pdf files as soon as possible. Can someone
>> provide any information?
>>
>> Thanks in advance. Bob.

Rohan Rasaiah

Re: Can't install Adobe reader 8
I got the same error message also

=?Utf-8?B?RWFybCBS?=

Re: Can't install Adobe reader 8
I have tried running from the net, running from the desktop and running it as
an administrator. I still get the same error message that the temp file is
full or inaccessible. Adobe tells you to increase the size of the internet
temp folder. I did that as well but still get the same error message.

"bob b" wrote:

> The "run as administrator" worked. So much to learn in such a short time.
> <g>
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> "bjr" <bj-nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Try right clicking on the executable and running it as an administrator;
> > better yet, try Foxit, lighter and does the same thing for PDFs
> >
> > bob b wrote:
> >> I tried to install the new reader from Adobe both by downloading it to a
> >> folder on my HD and just running it from their download site.
> >>
> >> Both ways at the end I get a Windows Installer error that says "The Temp
> >> folder on a drive is full or is inaccessible. Free up space on the drive
> >> or verify that you have write permission on the Temp folder"
> >>
> >> I need to be able to read pdf files as soon as possible. Can someone
> >> provide any information?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance. Bob.

sourmush@gmail.com

Re: Can't install Adobe reader 8
Solved.

http://www.jonocono.ca/ramblings/200...windows-vista/

On Mar 1, 3:29 am, Earl R <E...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have tried running from the net, running from the desktop and running it as
> an administrator. I still get the same error message that the temp file is
> full or inaccessible. Adobe tells you to increase the size of the internet
> temp folder. I did that as well but still get the same error message.
>
> "bob b" wrote:
> > The "run as administrator" worked. So much to learn in such a short time.
> > <g>

> > Thanks for the help.

> > "bjr" <bj-nos...@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > Try right clicking on the executable and running it as an administrator;
> > > better yet, try Foxit, lighter and does the same thing for PDFs

royalpei

"bjr" wrote:

> Try right clicking on the executable and running it as an administrator;

I did this, it still says same message...........help. Sue
Steve Marriott

Re: Can't install Adobe reader 8
I had the same problem. I got it to install my clicking on the .msi file
instead of the .exe file.

I think that Adobe now has some instructions to get it to install on their
web site.
Good luck.