Zune Device - Microsoft

=?Utf-8?B?U21vb3RoeW91bmdsYWR5?=

Zune Device - Microsoft
Someone please help me I have been trying for 3 days to install this program
(Zune) on to my new PC - Windows Vista Home Premium - I've called tech
support for the device and they are just as lost as I am.....I guess due to
the fact that they are both new programs.....There is something called the
DEP that is blocking me from adding the Zune software to my PC - PLEASE
HELP!!!

Smoothyounglady@aol.com
MICHAEL

Re: Zune Device - Microsoft
Well, first, Microsoft needs to design their own damn software
to work on their own damn OS. Idiots.

That's not your fault.

Type "System" in Start Menu's Search. Click the one that only says
"System".
Then, click "Advanced system settings"
Performance>Settings
"Data Execution Prevention" Tab

No, try to add the Zune software from there. Your best
bet will probably be to just check the first option,
"Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only"

Okay, if that doesn't work, just turn DEP off completely.

To stop the DEP protection, launch an elevated command prompt with administrative privileges.
Type "CMD" in the search box, right click it and select
"Run as administrator"

Enter the line below exactly, press enter.

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

Reboot.
Maybe the software will install now.

After it is installed, enter the line below into the elevated CMD prompt
to turn DEP back on.

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn

Reboot.

Take care,

Michael

"Smoothyounglady" <Smoothyounglady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Someone please help me I have been trying for 3 days to install this program
> (Zune) on to my new PC - Windows Vista Home Premium - I've called tech
> support for the device and they are just as lost as I am.....I guess due to
> the fact that they are both new programs.....There is something called the
> DEP that is blocking me from adding the Zune software to my PC - PLEASE
> HELP!!!
>
> Smoothyounglady@aol.com

EarthSchol

Re: Zune Device - Microsoft
Smoothyounglady <Smoothyounglady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Someone please help me I have been trying for 3 days to install this program
> (Zune) on to my new PC - Windows Vista Home Premium - I've called tech
> support for the device and they are just as lost as I am.....I guess due to
> the fact that they are both new programs.....There is something called the
> DEP that is blocking me from adding the Zune software to my PC - PLEASE
> HELP!!!

Get a mac and an ipod and there is a 100% chance that will solve your
problem. And yes, you are welcome!
Lang Murphy

Re: Zune Device - Microsoft
No help whatsoever...

Lang

"EarthSchol" <earthsch@well.net> wrote in message
> Smoothyounglady <Smoothyounglady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> Someone please help me I have been trying for 3 days to install this
>> program
>> (Zune) on to my new PC - Windows Vista Home Premium - I've called tech
>> support for the device and they are just as lost as I am.....I guess due
>> the fact that they are both new programs.....There is something called
>> the
>> DEP that is blocking me from adding the Zune software to my PC - PLEASE
>> HELP!!!

> Get a mac and an ipod and there is a 100% chance that will solve your
> problem. And yes, you are welcome!

Rob

Re: Zune Device - Microsoft
Perhaps you should talk to my brother, he has bother a mac and an ipod and
would love to put the some place that I m sure steve would not like. He is
not the only one I have heard this from either.

So much for your 100% solution.

"EarthSchol" <earthsch@well.net> wrote in message
> Smoothyounglady <Smoothyounglady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> Someone please help me I have been trying for 3 days to install this
>> program
>> (Zune) on to my new PC - Windows Vista Home Premium - I've called tech
>> support for the device and they are just as lost as I am.....I guess due
>> the fact that they are both new programs.....There is something called
>> the
>> DEP that is blocking me from adding the Zune software to my PC - PLEASE
>> HELP!!!

> Get a mac and an ipod and there is a 100% chance that will solve your
> problem. And yes, you are welcome!

=?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=

Re: Zune Device - Microsoft
NO help whatsoever you IDIOT...

"EarthSchol" wrote:

> Smoothyounglady <Smoothyounglady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Someone please help me I have been trying for 3 days to install this program
> > (Zune) on to my new PC - Windows Vista Home Premium - I've called tech
> > support for the device and they are just as lost as I am.....I guess due to
> > the fact that they are both new programs.....There is something called the
> > DEP that is blocking me from adding the Zune software to my PC - PLEASE
> > HELP!!!

> Get a mac and an ipod and there is a 100% chance that will solve your
> problem. And yes, you are welcome!

f/fgeorge

Re: Zune Device - Microsoft
On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 12:25:00 -0800, Jack
<Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>NO help whatsoever you IDIOT...
>
>"EarthSchol" wrote:
>
>> Smoothyounglady <Smoothyounglady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Someone please help me I have been trying for 3 days to install this program
>> > (Zune) on to my new PC - Windows Vista Home Premium - I've called tech
>> > support for the device and they are just as lost as I am.....I guess due to
>> > the fact that they are both new programs.....There is something called the
>> > DEP that is blocking me from adding the Zune software to my PC - PLEASE
>> > HELP!!!

>> Get a mac and an ipod and there is a 100% chance that will solve your
>> problem. And yes, you are welcome!

Zune and Vista do NOT work together. You will have to wait for an
update. Seems the two divisions were not talking before the player was
released.

Barb Bowman

Re: Zune Device - Microsoft
If you use the software that you download from the Zune site (rather
than what comes with the Zune), it should work.
http://www.zune.net/en-us/meetzune/software.htm

http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/b...4+Finally.aspx

--

Barb Bowman