Product key does not match...

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVP?=

Product key does not match...
Hello... Hopefully someone out there can help me with this issue:

I recently purchased Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade edition of of the
Windows Marketplace/Digital Locker. I am upgrading from Windows XP Media
Center Edition. Why I start the install, and enter the product key that was
supplied, I get the following message, " The product key you entered does not
match any of the Windows editions available to install. Enter a different
product key."

So, then it says that you are not required to enter your product key now to
install, but have to within 30 days. So, I left the product key blank, and
hit NEXT. Then a window pops up that asks, "Do you want to enter your product
key now?" and I hit NO. The cursor changes to the hour glass for about 30-60
secs, and then its right back to putting in the product key. It will not
allow me to install without putting in a key.

Does anybody have any ideas as to solving either one of my problems?
Thank you very much!
alan.winegar@gmail.com

Re: Product key does not match...
I am having the same problem. Help

On Feb 2, 1:51 pm, SteveO <Ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello... Hopefully someone out there can help me with this issue:
>
> I recently purchasedWindowsVista Home Premium Upgrade edition of of theWindowsMarketplace/Digital Locker. I am upgrading fromWindowsXP Media
> Center Edition. Why I start the install, and enter theproductkeythat was
> supplied, I get the following message, " Theproductkeyyouentereddoesnotmatchanyof theWindowseditionsavailableto install. Enter a differentproductkey."
>
> So, then it says thatyouarenotrequired to enter yourproductkeynow to
> install, but have to within 30 days. So, I left theproductkeyblank, and
> hit NEXT. Then a window pops up that asks, "Doyouwant to enter yourproductkeynow?" and I hit NO. The cursor changes to the hour glass for about 30-60
> secs, and then its right back to putting in theproductkey. It willnot
> allow me to install without putting in akey.
>
> Doesanybody haveanyideas as to solving either one of my problems?
> Thankyouvery much!

CharlesE

Re: Product key does not match...
Thanks god it didn't
First, you should have gotten an email with your corrected KEY. If not,
call the support number on the email you got the original key on.

Second, if you do a keyless install and then try and enter an Upgrade Key it
will fail.

Get your real key and launch the upgrade from within XP and choose either
Upgrade or Custom. That will work.

CharlesE