How to go from 32-bit XP to 64-bit Vista?

=?Utf-8?B?TUJP?=

How to go from 32-bit XP to 64-bit Vista?
Hi,

I can find no way when upgrading the OS to go from 32-bit to 64-bit Vista
from XP.

Is there an option that I'm missing somewhere?

Thanks for your help.

MBO
BobS

Re: How to go from 32-bit XP to 64-bit Vista?
Which version of Vista did you buy? Vista Ultimate comes with both the 32
bit and 64 bit versions on separate DVD's. If you didn't get the Ultimate
then read the instructions about obtaining the 64 bit DVD. If you have the
OEM version - I haven't a clue but you should still be able to order the 64
bit DVD.

Bob S.

"MBO" <MBO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I can find no way when upgrading the OS to go from 32-bit to 64-bit Vista
> from XP.
>
> Is there an option that I'm missing somewhere?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> MBO

John Barnes

Re: How to go from 32-bit XP to 64-bit Vista?
There is no order the 64-bit DVD with OEM. You decide beforehand and only
are entitled to 1 version
You install from the DVD but need the qualifying system installed on your
computer for retail upgrade. For full or OEM you install from the DVD with
no need for a qualifying os.

"BobS" <no-one@here.com> wrote in message
> Which version of Vista did you buy? Vista Ultimate comes with both the 32
> bit and 64 bit versions on separate DVD's. If you didn't get the Ultimate
> then read the instructions about obtaining the 64 bit DVD. If you have
> the OEM version - I haven't a clue but you should still be able to order
> the 64 bit DVD.
>
> Bob S.
>

> "MBO" <MBO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I can find no way when upgrading the OS to go from 32-bit to 64-bit Vista
>> from XP.
>>
>> Is there an option that I'm missing somewhere?
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> MBO

MBO

Re: How to go from 32-bit XP to 64-bit Vista?
Hi,

Thanks for the replies!

I have Windows Vista Business Upgrade version, and I then purchased the
Windows Anytime Upgrade to Ultimate rom Staples (via Microsoft's online
site). I had the 32-bit version of XP Pro installed and was never given an
opportunity doing either the quick install or the clean install to make any
kinds of selections as to which OS or which elements of the OS I wanted to
install. It just kinda fired off and went.

To Microsoft's credit, the installs went smoothly, even if they did take a
while. I was hoping to upgrade to the 64-bit version, but after doing some
reading, it appears that there aren't a great number of reasons or benefits
at this time unless one is working with professional graphics or video.
While I work with Photoshop and Sony's Vegas, it's not at a professional
level, though some of the files can get somewhat large.

Thanks again for any information on what I might be able to do to get the
64-bit version to upgrade. Your help is greatly appreciated.

MBO