XP -> Vista trial => Vista full...?

=?Utf-8?B?QmVsYXpvcg==?=

XP -> Vista trial => Vista full...?
If I upgrade my current Windows XP Pro to Vista and keep it on the trial,
will I be able to activate it using an Upgrade-class key?
The store I plan to order Vista from doesn't come in stock until Feb 8. and
I would like to start using Vista before that time. I also don't want to be
stuck with Vista thinking I'm a pirate either...

Thanks in advance
Dave B.

Re: XP -> Vista trial => Vista full...?
As long as you install the same upgrade version that you purchase.

--
___________________________
http://www.db-pc.com
"Belazor" <Belazor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I upgrade my current Windows XP Pro to Vista and keep it on the trial,
> will I be able to activate it using an Upgrade-class key?
> The store I plan to order Vista from doesn't come in stock until Feb 8.
> and
> I would like to start using Vista before that time. I also don't want to
> be
> stuck with Vista thinking I'm a pirate either...
>
> Thanks in advance

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXNq?=

RE: XP -> Vista trial => Vista full...?
No you will not. I just tried this last night. I installed the trial
version of Vista Ultimate then put in my upgrade key and it told me that
because my key was an upgrade i had to reinstall my previous version of
windows and re-install from there.

"Belazor" wrote:

> If I upgrade my current Windows XP Pro to Vista and keep it on the trial,
> will I be able to activate it using an Upgrade-class key?
> The store I plan to order Vista from doesn't come in stock until Feb 8. and
> I would like to start using Vista before that time. I also don't want to be
> stuck with Vista thinking I'm a pirate either...
>
> Thanks in advance

Robert Firth

Re: XP -> Vista trial => Vista full...?
You definately can't do a clean install and expect the upgrade key to work
later. I'm not familiar with the upgrade license process enough to say more
than that.

--
/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* Robert Firth *

"Dave B." <mail@nomail.com> wrote in message
> As long as you install the same upgrade version that you purchase.
>
> --
> ___________________________
> http://www.db-pc.com
> "Belazor" <Belazor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> If I upgrade my current Windows XP Pro to Vista and keep it on the trial,
>> will I be able to activate it using an Upgrade-class key?
>> The store I plan to order Vista from doesn't come in stock until Feb 8.
>> and
>> I would like to start using Vista before that time. I also don't want to
>> be
>> stuck with Vista thinking I'm a pirate either...
>>
>> Thanks in advance

Dave B.

Re: XP -> Vista trial => Vista full...?
Ummm yes you can, a link to the procedure has been posted many times in
these groups. I have done it myself and it does work.

--
http://www.db-pc.com