Freezes on install, tried everything, PLEASE LOOK IN, I'm desperat

=?Utf-8?B?TWFmZg==?=

Freezes on install, tried everything, PLEASE LOOK IN, I'm desperat
OK, I've had Vista for 4 nights now and below is what I've tried and the
outcomes I've got!

partitioned my C:\ drive keeping current XP installation on C:\ and using
the other for Vista

tried installing from within XP to new partition
tried installing from DVD to new partition

gone into the BIOS, turned off everything (USB, Firewire, audio, network
card etc etc), unplugged everything (including swapping my memory around and
taking some out) but monitor & keyboard and then tried installing from within
XP and straight from disc

Formatted my C:\ drive, losing my XP installation and put the HDD back to a
single partition

tried installing from disc to c:\ drive as normal
tried installing again with everything turned off in the BIOS
tried again with everything turned off and letting the Vista disc format the
C:\ drive
tried with everything turned off and a different model graphics card!
tried unplugging all drives, USB etc except monitor, keyboard 1 HDD and a
normal DVD-ROM drive

altogether I've tried to install it around 18-20 times

I've also tried doing the install to the freezing and then trying a repair
but it says the installation hasn't finished so cannot repair.

one of two things happen each time:

i) It starts installing OK, reboots a couple of times and while still with
the installation list on screen it freezes on "Completing Instalation"

ii) It seems to install fine, asks for username, PC name & wallapaper, boots
to a black screen with mouse pointer and then freezes

with the 1st outcome if I restart the PC it boots up and says something went
wrong and it cannot complete the installation and then removes everything
from the HDD

with the 2nd outcome it just restarts and gets to the same point each time,
or if I boot to safe mode it just says that installation could not be
completed in safemode and then restarts it self and freezes on the black
screen again.

My PC is 2 months old and passed the Vista "test" software from their site

Intel 945 chipset, Foxconn motherboard (with upto date BIOS), Pentium D
3.4Ghz, 2Gb DDR2 RAM (2x 512Mb & 1x 1024Mb - I've tried removing the 1024 as
that didn't come with the PC), GeForce 7950GT 256Mb PCI-E (also tried with my
brothers 7300), Sony BWU-100A Blu-ray writer, 4 internal HDD's (I have 3 IDE
interfaces)

I've basically tried swapping/removing/turning off everything except
changing my motherboard & CPU!

I'm about to give up, there's one last thing I will try tomorrow and thats
installing to my HDD in someone elses PC then putting it back into mine
before activating if that will work?
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9objMzODg0?=

RE: Freezes on install, tried everything, PLEASE LOOK IN, I'm desperat
I also had the screen freeze. When I rebooted to Vista I got the options of
"Start Normally", Boot in Safe Mode, etc. When I hit F8, I got the option of
starting in 640x480. The program then continued the installation went out
and got the drivers necessary. I have an ATI 9600 with 256mb.

"Maff" wrote:

> OK, I've had Vista for 4 nights now and below is what I've tried and the
> outcomes I've got!
>
> partitioned my C:\ drive keeping current XP installation on C:\ and using
> the other for Vista
>
> tried installing from within XP to new partition
> tried installing from DVD to new partition
>
> gone into the BIOS, turned off everything (USB, Firewire, audio, network
> card etc etc), unplugged everything (including swapping my memory around and
> taking some out) but monitor & keyboard and then tried installing from within
> XP and straight from disc
>

> Formatted my C:\ drive, losing my XP installation and put the HDD back to a
> single partition
>
> tried installing from disc to c:\ drive as normal
> tried installing again with everything turned off in the BIOS
> tried again with everything turned off and letting the Vista disc format the
> C:\ drive
> tried with everything turned off and a different model graphics card!
> tried unplugging all drives, USB etc except monitor, keyboard 1 HDD and a
> normal DVD-ROM drive
>

> altogether I've tried to install it around 18-20 times
>
> I've also tried doing the install to the freezing and then trying a repair
> but it says the installation hasn't finished so cannot repair.
>

> one of two things happen each time:
>
> i) It starts installing OK, reboots a couple of times and while still with
> the installation list on screen it freezes on "Completing Instalation"
>
> ii) It seems to install fine, asks for username, PC name & wallapaper, boots
> to a black screen with mouse pointer and then freezes
>
> with the 1st outcome if I restart the PC it boots up and says something went
> wrong and it cannot complete the installation and then removes everything
> from the HDD
>
> with the 2nd outcome it just restarts and gets to the same point each time,
> or if I boot to safe mode it just says that installation could not be
> completed in safemode and then restarts it self and freezes on the black
> screen again.
>

> My PC is 2 months old and passed the Vista "test" software from their site
>
> Intel 945 chipset, Foxconn motherboard (with upto date BIOS), Pentium D
> 3.4Ghz, 2Gb DDR2 RAM (2x 512Mb & 1x 1024Mb - I've tried removing the 1024 as
> that didn't come with the PC), GeForce 7950GT 256Mb PCI-E (also tried with my
> brothers 7300), Sony BWU-100A Blu-ray writer, 4 internal HDD's (I have 3 IDE
> interfaces)
>
> I've basically tried swapping/removing/turning off everything except
> changing my motherboard & CPU!
>

> I'm about to give up, there's one last thing I will try tomorrow and thats
> installing to my HDD in someone elses PC then putting it back into mine
> before activating if that will work?

=?Utf-8?B?TWFmZg==?=

RE: Freezes on install, tried everything, PLEASE LOOK IN, I'm desp
just tried that but exactly the same result, ta