Changing MCE tv-signal to cable

=?Utf-8?B?c3JqZXNzZW4=?=

Changing MCE tv-signal to cable
I have recently bought Windows Vista 32-bit. But when i try to use MCE to
watch tv, it has to be set-up first, of course. But i can only select region
and not tv-signal as i could in MCE 2004/2005, and it is set by default in my
system to receive tv via antenna. I have a cable-signal, but i can't find any
help anywhere on how to change this.

Can anyone help?

Walter Blanchard

Re: Changing MCE tv-signal to cable
Try running the setup again. I'm sure there is an option there to configure
the TV signal.

--

______________________________

Walter B
waltblanch[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com
______________________________

"srjessen" <srjessen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently bought Windows Vista 32-bit. But when i try to use MCE to
> watch tv, it has to be set-up first, of course. But i can only select
> region
> and not tv-signal as i could in MCE 2004/2005, and it is set by default in
> my
> system to receive tv via antenna. I have a cable-signal, but i can't find
> any
> help anywhere on how to change this.
>
> Can anyone help?

postmaster@srjessen.dk

Re: Changing MCE tv-signal to cable
On 2 Feb., 15:42, "Walter Blanchard" <Walter B...@communities.nospam>
wrote:
> Try running the setup again. I'm sure there is an option there to configure
> theTVsignal.
>
> --
>
> ______________________________
>
> Walter B
> waltblanch[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com
> ______________________________

Nope, there is no such option. try searching on goggle for the same
problem, there are many having that problem... but there must be
something that can be done?

JW

Re: Changing MCE tv-signal to cable
This is the only post I have on this thread so please bear with me it what I
ask has been asked before.
What make/model of MC compatible TV Tuner card do you have and do you have
the correctt VISTA (32bit or 64bit) drivers for it installed.
If you are trying to change it to cable what was it set to before when it
was working, Antenna, Antenna/STB, or S-video/STB?

<postmaster@srjessen.dk> wrote in message
news:1171144284.581835.167880@q2g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
> On 2 Feb., 15:42, "Walter Blanchard" <Walter B...@communities.nospam>
> wrote:
>> Try running the setup again. I'm sure there is an option there to
>> configure
>> theTVsignal.
>>
>> --
>>
>> ______________________________
>>
>> Walter B
>> waltblanch[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com
>> ______________________________

> Nope, there is no such option. try searching on goggle for the same
> problem, there are many having that problem... but there must be
> something that can be done?

postmaster@srjessen.dk

Re: Changing MCE tv-signal to cable
i have an ASUSTek Europa II Hibrid capture card. An the drivers for it
is Vista's own, i haven't found any other drivers anywhere, but there
is nothing wrong with the card or drivers, the problem is only that i
cannot change the input signal i MC. but there must be ome code or
file or something that i can change so that it will select cable
instead of antenna.

Please forgive my english, i'm danish...

Hope you can help me, i'm missing a lot of movies because of vista...

JW

Re: Changing MCE tv-signal to cable
Most likely only the DVB-T tuner on your hybrid card is supported by MC
since neither MCE or VistaMC support hybrid cards that do not have MPEG2
encoder chips on them for their analog tuner and whose drivers do not make
the card actually look like two cards to MC.
Since this is probably the case only the antenna connection for DVB-T tuner
is available.

news:1171221252.088110.13340@h3g2000cwc.googlegrou ps.com...

On 11 Feb., 20:38, "JW" <nos...@no.spam> wrote:
> Most likely only the DVB-T tuner on your hybrid card is supported by MC
> since neither MCE or VistaMC support hybrid cards that do not have MPEG2
> encoder chips on them for their analog tuner and whose drivers do not make
> the card actually look like two cards to MC.
> Since this is probably the case only the antenna connection for DVB-T tuner
> is available.

Sorry, but i have no idea what your talking about :-o
So what your saying is, that i cannot use analog cable input on vista
MC?

postmaster@srjessen.dk

Re: Changing MCE tv-signal to cable
But the same card worked with MCE 2005? with the same cable signal.

JW

Re: Changing MCE tv-signal to cable
What TV application package were you using with cable and the card on
MCE2005? Are you sure you were using the Media Center application and not
the vendors own TV applcation package.
If it did work with the Media Center application you would need new Media
Center Vista Drivers to get it to work in Vista Media Center.

<postmaster@srjessen.dk> wrote in message
news:1171480167.738002.180470@a75g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...
> But the same card worked with MCE 2005? with the same cable signal.

postmaster@srjessen.dk

Re: Changing MCE tv-signal to cable
I was using it with MCE, there was no application with the card.

Do you know where i can find such drivers? there are non on the
official website of ASUSTek. but the problem is really not the
drivers, but the fact that Vista MC only searches for antenna signals,
and there is no option anywhere to change it to cable, also, in "help
& support"-as they call it, they say that you can choose it while
setting up your tv-configuration, but there is no such option, it
always selects antenna by default and at no time am i asked to select
an input signal... it seems very strange to me...