Vista Blue screen of death?

=?Utf-8?B?RG91Z3k=?=

Vista Blue screen of death?
I am upgrading to Busisness edition over XP Pro and i get to about the 21%
mark and i get the blue screen of death saying something about USB errors?
Any help appreciated.

Paul
MICHAEL

Re: Vista Blue screen of death?
Unplug all USB devices. Except for your mouse or keyboard.

Plug them back in after the install.

-Michael

"Dougy" <Dougy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am upgrading to Busisness edition over XP Pro and i get to about the 21%
> mark and i get the blue screen of death saying something about USB errors?
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Paul

=?Utf-8?B?ZG91Z3k=?=

Re: Vista Blue screen of death?
Michael,

thanks.
--
Dougy

"MICHAEL" wrote:

> Unplug all USB devices. Except for your mouse or keyboard.
>
> Plug them back in after the install.
>
> -Michael
>
> "Dougy" <Dougy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am upgrading to Busisness edition over XP Pro and i get to about the 21%
> > mark and i get the blue screen of death saying something about USB errors?
> > Any help appreciated.
> >
> > Paul

MICHAEL

Re: Vista Blue screen of death?
You're welcome.

Post back and let us know if that helped.

> Michael,
>
> thanks.
> --
> Dougy
>

> "MICHAEL" wrote:
>
>> Unplug all USB devices. Except for your mouse or keyboard.
>>
>> Plug them back in after the install.
>>
>> -Michael
>>
>> "Dougy" <Dougy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am upgrading to Busisness edition over XP Pro and i get to about the 21%
>> > mark and i get the blue screen of death saying something about USB errors?
>> > Any help appreciated.
>> >
>> > Paul

=?Utf-8?B?RG91Z3k=?=

Re: Vista Blue screen of death?
Michael,

Well that bit worked, but then got to about 60% of file expansion and the
BSOD came up with IRQL_MORE_OR_LESS_THAN and we get no futher than that, i
have done a memory test from Vista repair and it says no probs found, i have
checked ASUS website and i have the latest Bios installed, so am stuck now,
trying to find a solution.

Paul

"MICHAEL" wrote:

> You're welcome.
>
> Post back and let us know if that helped.
>
> -Michael
>
> "dougy" <dougy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Michael,
> >
> > thanks.
> > --
> > Dougy
> >

> > "MICHAEL" wrote:
> >
> >> Unplug all USB devices. Except for your mouse or keyboard.
> >>
> >> Plug them back in after the install.
> >>
> >> -Michael

MICHAEL

Re: Vista Blue screen of death?
Dougy,

Can you do a chkdsk on the drive? Be sure to check "fix errors" and
"scan for and attempt recovery".

> Michael,
>
> Well that bit worked, but then got to about 60% of file expansion and the
> BSOD came up with IRQL_MORE_OR_LESS_THAN and we get no futher than that, i
> have done a memory test from Vista repair and it says no probs found, i have
> checked ASUS website and i have the latest Bios installed, so am stuck now,
> trying to find a solution.
>
> Paul
>
> "MICHAEL" wrote:
>
>> You're welcome.
>>
>> Post back and let us know if that helped.
>>
>> -Michael
>>
>> "dougy" <dougy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Michael,
>> >
>> > thanks.
>> > --
>> > Dougy

=?Utf-8?B?RG91Z3k=?=

Re: Vista Blue screen of death?
Ok,

Will do, i will let you know outcome, thanks for your help

Paul

"MICHAEL" wrote:

> Dougy,
>
> Can you do a chkdsk on the drive? Be sure to check "fix errors" and
> "scan for and attempt recovery".
>
> -Michael
>
> "Dougy" <Dougy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Michael,
> >
> > Well that bit worked, but then got to about 60% of file expansion and the
> > BSOD came up with IRQL_MORE_OR_LESS_THAN and we get no futher than that, i
> > have done a memory test from Vista repair and it says no probs found, i have
> > checked ASUS website and i have the latest Bios installed, so am stuck now,
> > trying to find a solution.
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > "MICHAEL" wrote:
> >
> >> You're welcome.
> >>
> >> Post back and let us know if that helped.
> >>
> >> -Michael

MICHAEL

Re: Vista Blue screen of death?
You're welcome.

Please, let me/us know how it turns out.

news7D0AD3F-944A-4123-9F4F-5ABE999DF68F@microsoft.com...
> Ok,
>
> Will do, i will let you know outcome, thanks for your help
>
> Paul
>
> "MICHAEL" wrote:
>
>> Dougy,
>>
>> Can you do a chkdsk on the drive? Be sure to check "fix errors" and
>> "scan for and attempt recovery".
>>
>> -Michael
>>
>> "Dougy" <Dougy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Michael,
>> >
>> > Well that bit worked, but then got to about 60% of file expansion and the
>> > BSOD came up with IRQL_MORE_OR_LESS_THAN and we get no futher than that, i
>> > have done a memory test from Vista repair and it says no probs found, i have
>> > checked ASUS website and i have the latest Bios installed, so am stuck now,
>> > trying to find a solution.
>> >
>> > Paul

=?Utf-8?B?RG91Z3k=?=

Re: Vista Blue screen of death?
Hi Michael,

No, its not worked, i now get to about 70% of the final installation phase
and it fails to the IRQL message again. I have disabled my other 2 SATA
drives, so only have the main c: drive on the system now, as i had read about
problems with ASUS boards and Nvidia controllers.

I have a ASUS P5n32 SLI delux with 2 gb ram installed, Intel 3gb dual
processor, i ran chkdsk /f and am now doing a defrag, have unplugged all USB
devices and am about to pull my hair out!!! this software is an expensive
failure at £189.00 ?.

So dont really know where to go from here, i ll try again after the defrag,
i was also going to disable the on board LAN

Cheers Paul

"MICHAEL" wrote:

> You're welcome.
>
> Please, let me/us know how it turns out.
>
> -Michael
>
> "Dougy" <Dougy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news7D0AD3F-944A-4123-9F4F-5ABE999DF68F@microsoft.com...
> > Ok,
> >
> > Will do, i will let you know outcome, thanks for your help
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > "MICHAEL" wrote:
> >
> >> Dougy,
> >>
> >> Can you do a chkdsk on the drive? Be sure to check "fix errors" and
> >> "scan for and attempt recovery".
> >>
> >> -Michael

MICHAEL

Re: Vista Blue screen of death?
Pull the RAM out, switch slots, be sure they are pushed in
all the way, and try again.

Perhaps, if that doesn't work try one stick at a time.
I know you ran the memory test, but Vista is a bit
stricter on the "health" of the RAM.

It's either a RAM problem, graphics card, or maybe
you need a BIOS update. It's just really hard to know
with just that error- it can mean several things. Many times
a memory problem.